Roomates/caregivers Question

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, if I have a roomate who is also a patient/caregiver as I will be, would it make sense for us to be each others caregiver, or just be our own. Anybody with any wisdom that would like to share would be great. Thank you.

if your a patient you can grow for your self 12 plants and have 2.5 oz you do not need a caregiver and you are not your own caregiver you are a patient. if your roomate is a patient also he can do the same thing you do not need a caregiver they are only for people who can not or do not want to grow if you have a caregiver witch you do no need then you can not grow for your self

As Curmudgeon said, if you both make each other your care givers you can have a total of 10 oz on hand(but keep it separate and locked). You can keep your plant rights, just check the box that says the patient keeps the plants. So you get the best of both worlds. More allowed on hand and you keep your own plant rights, win win.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the original question but with a twist, if there are 2 roommates, but one not allowed to be a caregiver, our law allows each as patient 12 plants, and the one who's Caregiver for the other, 12 plants as caregiver, so they have on hand between them a total of 36 plants and 7.5 ounces. Five of those ounces (the Caregiver's stash) must be locked and separate from the patient's 2.5 ounces, and the 36 plants must be separated 12 plants from the 24, both in separate locked places and not be 36 plants comingled in a single locked place?

• 3 weeks later...

I am new BUT I don't think ya got it right.. Between a patient and a CG a total of 2.5 Oz. Not 2.5 each... Two people means 2.5 each not 5 each. Your caregiver is holding the Patient's Meds. Not double the meds.

Let me put it this way My Patient has a order for 50 pils, Vicodin, whatever. As his Nurse/ Cg I can't have his 50 pills and he has his 50 pills....sorry but it don't work that way.

As Curmudgeon said, if you both make each other your care givers you can have a total of 10 oz on hand(but keep it separate and locked). You can keep your plant rights, just check the box that says the patient keeps the plants. So you get the best of both worlds. More allowed on hand and you keep your own plant rights, win win.

I do NOT think you got this right?? A CG has the patients meds not 2.5 for the CG and 2.5 for the patient.

Guest thequietone

if your a patient you can grow for your self 12 plants and have 2.5 oz you do not need a caregiver and you are not your own caregiver you are a patient. if your roomate is a patient also he can do the same thing you do not need a caregiver they are only for people who can not or do not want to grow if you have a caregiver witch you do not need then you can not grow for your self

A patient could have a caregiver and still grow for themselves by checking the box next to applicant patient under Section C on the application form. A patient can grow for themselves and have a caregiver as a mentor to help them grow.

Back to the original question but with a twist, if there are 2 roommates, but one not allowed to be a caregiver, our law allows each as patient 12 plants, and the one who's Caregiver for the other, 12 plants as caregiver, so they have on hand between them a total of 36 plants and 7.5 ounces. Five of those ounces (the Caregiver's stash) must be locked and separate from the patient's 2.5 ounces, and the 36 plants must be separated 12 plants from the 24, both in separate locked places and not be 36 plants comingled in a single locked place?

In this example your math is wrong. They would only be able to have 24 plants total. Either the patient has plant rights or the caregiver does not both.

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

Well, if you are each others caregiver you can each hold your 2.5 OZ for yourself and 2.5 for your patient... so if that is a concern you can legally have twice as much medicine on hand as you could being your own caregiver.

WRONG Please STOP passing incorrect information...The law provides for 2.5 oz TOTAL for a patient weather heald by the caregiver OR the Patient NOT both!!! If they are BOTH patients then a total of 5 oz is the limit but that is the same weather they are each others caregivers or not

WRONG!! Why doesn't someone who moderates this section CORRECT these misconceptions? Two Patients and two Caregivers equals 2.5 Oz. per PAIR for a total of 5 thats FIVE oz, TOTAL! NOT 10

It's 2.5 per caregiver or patient period......

So if you and your spouse are both caregivers then you can have 5 zips total. 2.5 per patient. Now if they caregiver is a patient also then they can have THIER 2.5 also so that would be 5 each if both caregivers are patients too

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

RNJoe....Don't file a report because someone is "asking a question" please. Picbook isn't making a statement of fact. Notice the question marks after the set up of the scenario? Correction came from the community, a moderator included.

I've closed the report.

Best

Archived