Night Light In Veg Room

MrShpongle

I'm trying to find a solution around the age old problem of needing access to the grow room during lights out. Since it's equally acceptable to be on either an 18/6 or 24/0 lighting schedule during veg, would it be OK to run my metal halides for 18 hours and then have a tiny nightlight for the other 6 hours? It would provide just enough light for me to be able see, and because it would always be on, it shouldn't interfere with the plants' lighting cycles.

Obviously, this would be for veg only. If possible, I would get a green light to make things even better. Whadya think?

I'm trying to find a solution around the age old problem of needing access to the grow room during lights out. Since it's equally acceptable to be on either an 18/6 or 24/0 lighting schedule during veg, would it be OK to run my metal halides for 18 hours and then have a tiny nightlight for the other 6 hours? It would provide just enough light for me to be able see, and because it would always be on, it shouldn't interfere with the plants' lighting cycles. Obviously, this would be for veg only. If possible, I would get a green light to make things even better. Whadya think?
during flowering is the only time you need to worry about interrupting the dark cycle. He you interrupt dark cycle during flowering it confuses the plant but during veg you can run lights around the clock if you like.

Archived