Alcohol Vs Marijuana Vs Cigarettes ? Wake Up America

I was sitting around this afternoon thinking to myself, how on earth is marijuana and hemp illegal, while alcohol and cigarettes remain legal. Considering in all of human existence marijuana has never once been the cause of a death, while alcohol kills around 25,000 a year and cigarettes kill around 440,000 people a year (Drug War Facts). So why does our government pour out millions of dollars to support anti-marijuana propaganda such as when they suffocated chimpanzees in the 90’s to mimic the effect of brain cell loss. (National Geographic) Or when the media claims marijuana causes extreme Schizophrenia when in fact studies show it actually helps these patients in most cases. (Schizophrenia – NORML)

On the surface it seems hard to argue with the numbers. Ninety-two percent of the domestic abuse assailants reported use of alcohol on the day of the assault, according to a recent JAMA report. In 1997, 40 percent of convicted rape and sexual assault offenders said that they were drinking at the time of their crime. Between 48% and 64% of the people who die in fires have blood alcohol levels indicating intoxication. In 2002, more than 70,000 students between the ages of 18 and 24 were victims of alcohol-related sexual assault in the U.S. Twenty-eight percent of suicides by children ages nine to 15 were attributable to alcohol. An estimated 480,000 children are mistreated each year by a caretaker with alcohol problems. Nothing good has ever come from drinking, you can claim alcohol makes a situation easier or more tolerable, but in reality, you’re not doing anything but making the situation worse and killing your liver along with it. Whereas, marijuana seems to have a positive effect on almost every statistic above. I have never once heard about a man hitting his wife because he got too high, he may have eaten all the chips, but I certainly don’t see him beating anyone unless he has severe anger management problems (which alcohol heightens).

This situation deserves its very own paragraph, as parents around the United States force feed their children anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, ADD, and ADHD pharmaceuticals. Are you really that ignorant that you’re going to pour unnecessary chemicals into your growing childs brain, as its trying to build and repair itself, you are forcing ridiculous chemicals into your childs body that researchers and psychologists know nothing about. Hell, they just found the cannabinoid system in 2007, do you really think they know serotonin from silicone. The side effects from half the anti-depressant pills are “thoughts of suicide”, why on earth would you give that lab made chemical to your kid?! THC has had positive effects on depression, anxiety, add, and adhd in thousands of legitimate studies around the world. With side effects as simple as, hungry, happy, sleepy. Something natural with no negative side effects, vs a drug that messes with your brains chemical balance, while carrying side effects like thoughts of suicide. Kids are killing themselves and you want to mess with their brains chemicals even more?

I know a lot of you readers like to travel in herds, kind of like sheep, but its time to wake up and look at the facts. Instead of believing every little word CNN and FOX feeds you, do a little research on your own. Find some real research and studies to back it up, and make an intelligent decision for yourself. Having your own opinion can be fun. As far as marijuana goes, regardless if you think marijuana could help you or not, you don’t have the right to keep anyone from using marijuana recreationally or medically, their quality of life is just as important as yours, and since marijuana doesn’t effect you unless you smoke / eat it, let them be free.

REPOSTED FROM OTHER SOURCE

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

I think you meant to say ...alcohol kills around 250,000 a year

Yep.

Its crazy...totally acceptable to choke down cig or guzzle a beer...And "do shots"

Oh...that's great...hahahah ...Fantastic...wink...nod...its cool

But dont even mention cannabis...those filthy potheads!

How dare they even suggest it could be used as a medicine...purposterous!!!

They turn their noses up at marijuana....Its ILLEAGAL... Its terrible!

They must call it dope for a reason....Its bad...Its no good

Amazing how brainwashed people are even when they get the facts or know the truth even...no one wants to upset the herd...the status quo....Its a crazy society :blink:

I was sitting around this afternoon thinking to myself, how on earth is marijuana and hemp illegal, while alcohol and cigarettes remain legal. Considering in all of human existence marijuana has never once been the cause of a death, while alcohol kills around 25,000 a year and cigarettes kill around 440,000 people a year (Drug War Facts). So why does our government pour out millions of dollars to support anti-marijuana propaganda such as when they suffocated chimpanzees in the 90’s to mimic the effect of brain cell loss. (National Geographic) Or when the media claims marijuana causes extreme Schizophrenia when in fact studies show it actually helps these patients in most cases. (Schizophrenia – NORML)

On the surface it seems hard to argue with the numbers. Ninety-two percent of the domestic abuse assailants reported use of alcohol on the day of the assault, according to a recent JAMA report. In 1997, 40 percent of convicted rape and sexual assault offenders said that they were drinking at the time of their crime. Between 48% and 64% of the people who die in fires have blood alcohol levels indicating intoxication. In 2002, more than 70,000 students between the ages of 18 and 24 were victims of alcohol-related sexual assault in the U.S. Twenty-eight percent of suicides by children ages nine to 15 were attributable to alcohol. An estimated 480,000 children are mistreated each year by a caretaker with alcohol problems. Nothing good has ever come from drinking, you can claim alcohol makes a situation easier or more tolerable, but in reality, you’re not doing anything but making the situation worse and killing your liver along with it. Whereas, marijuana seems to have a positive effect on almost every statistic above. I have never once heard about a man hitting his wife because he got too high, he may have eaten all the chips, but I certainly don’t see him beating anyone unless he has severe anger management problems (which alcohol heightens).

This situation deserves its very own paragraph, as parents around the United States force feed their children anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, ADD, and ADHD pharmaceuticals. Are you really that ignorant that you’re going to pour unnecessary chemicals into your growing childs brain, as its trying to build and repair itself, you are forcing ridiculous chemicals into your childs body that researchers and psychologists know nothing about. Hell, they just found the cannabinoid system in 2007, do you really think they know serotonin from silicone. The side effects from half the anti-depressant pills are “thoughts of suicide”, why on earth would you give that lab made chemical to your kid?! THC has had positive effects on depression, anxiety, add, and adhd in thousands of legitimate studies around the world. With side effects as simple as, hungry, happy, sleepy. Something natural with no negative side effects, vs a drug that messes with your brains chemical balance, while carrying side effects like thoughts of suicide. Kids are killing themselves and you want to mess with their brains chemicals even more?

I know a lot of you readers like to travel in herds, kind of like sheep, but its time to wake up and look at the facts. Instead of believing every little word CNN and FOX feeds you, do a little research on your own. Find some real research and studies to back it up, and make an intelligent decision for yourself. Having your own opinion can be fun. As far as marijuana goes, regardless if you think marijuana could help you or not, you don’t have the right to keep anyone from using marijuana recreationally or medically, their quality of life is just as important as yours, and since marijuana doesn’t effect you unless you smoke / eat it, let them be free.

REPOSTED FROM OTHER SOURCE

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

good read thanks for sharing

Archived