Pests In Buckets(Tiny Flies)

lilbuddy

Hi to everyone,

Today I began supercropping, Popped open mesh net in 1 of my girls in Hydro and found 50-60 small flies(1/16") buzzing around in the bucket around roots. I have looked on multiple sites to I.D. fly and have not been able to I.D. them by photos. What I can tell you guys is that I do know what fruit flies look like and this is what they appear to be. From what I have read from previous posts is that I probably need to do is put some Azamax in a coffee cup and hang some fly tapes. But what do I do to erradicate bugs in the girls bucket's without harming the Medicine?

Thank you in advance to all that reply,

lilbuddy

fungus flies. add "green sand" from grow shop or DE from pool store

Can I add diatomaceous or green sand to hydro water, I know I can put it on my girls in the dirt, but I did'nt know about water. My root are very clea, does the fact that I have fungus flies mean that I have fungus beginning?

Thanks again for your reply,

lilbuddy

If they are gnats, I use Mosquito Dunks. Put one in your tank for every 5 gallons. That supplemented with the yellow sticky pest sheets, and even flypaper ( I use both and actually catch more with the fly paper) should eliminate almost all of them. Mosquito dunks are harmless to your plants and to you! That's always a plus.

I still see one or two gnats flying around on occasion, but they never get out of control anymore. (**crosses fingers**)

:thumbsu:

BTI-bascillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis. Kills the little guys larvae.

Hi Greenhouse,

Is that a bug or a chemical compound? If it is a bug, where do I get it? If it is a chemical where do I get it? Is it harmful to medicine? How do I dose it?

Thanks Again for your reply,

lilbuddy

Hi Greenhouse,

Is that a bug or a chemical compound? If it is a bug, where do I get it? If it is a chemical where do I get it? Is it harmful to medicine? How do I dose it?

Thanks Again for your reply,

lilbuddy

Hi Greenhouse,

I have found out what BT is, I am going to pick it up today in the concentrated form, or the mosquito dunks, which do you reccomend?

Thanks,

lilbuddy

Archived