R.o. Filter Installation

Guest finallyfree09

Guest finallyfree09

i am about to install my ro filter. it will be in my basement in a room that is a long ways from any water lines. here's the question...

is there a limit to how long the supply line to my filter can be? its gonna be a good 30 or 40 ft. would it be better to install the filter under the kitchen sink and run the outlet all the way down to my room? i just don't know. i am no plumber, that much is certain.

any suggestions?

just install the RO filter somewhere that it will be useful like your upstairs sink and then get some water jugs to carry down to your grow when necessary. You don't want to be pumping RO water a great distance because you will get a ton of condensation in the lines and its just an all around pain in the butt to drag a water line that far.

I use one were its going about 25 ft, i put mine under the kitchen sink so i could use the drinking part. But point in hand is that 25 feet is nothing, yes it does cause condenstion but there are rubber insulation covers that are split lengthwise that can be installed over the line, it prevents the condensation. not to terrible on cost. and the condensation is only when your running the lines. the rest of the time its not.

I use mine for drinking water, plants and fishtanks. My only problem is its a six stage with a DI. I heard that isn't the best for plants.

Guest finallyfree09

mine is a 5 stage filter. 75 gal/day. 3.2 gallon resevoir tank.

unfortunately i cannot haul all of that water down my steps everyday. it would cause a WHOLE LOT of pain and i already deal with enough of that on a daily basis. it won't hurt for condensation to build up. nothing important in my basement. i will just wrap the little foam covers on the pipes.

thanks for the help everybody!

Guest finallyfree09

ive got a water line behind my fridge that was used for the icemaker on the old fridge. problem is the thing is locked up tite and i cant get the old hose out of it. can i buy a connector and just splice another line into it?

Archived