Homemade Insecticidal Soap

Tommy217xxx

Hey I was wounderin if anyone out there has made/used any homemade Insecticidal Soap. Im tryin to go organic so I dont want to use any commercial products. I saw a few things online about using like 2 tbs. of dish soap and a gallon of water.

I dont have a bug prob yet but I also dont want one either.

Thanks in advance.

I've been having great results on mites and leaf eating aphids using 1 tbsp of Ivory dish soap to a quart of water. I'm patient enough to visually check leaf by leaf and spray all visible mites, not too bad with 12 plants or less, probably not practicle with larger grows. I don't rinse and residual soap does not seem to interfere with photosythesis/plant health. Repeated 5 days later but didn't observe many newly hatched mites. I am i the habit of misting my plants every couple days throughout my grow. Haven't had them return for a month now. Growing in a greenhouse so I'm gonna give lady bugs a try next season.

Hey I was wounderin if anyone out there has made/used any homemade Insecticidal Soap. Im tryin to go organic so I dont want to use any commercial products. I saw a few things online about using like 2 tbs. of dish soap and a gallon of water.

Thanks in advance.

Here is the solution i am going to use:

Organic Pesticide

Thanks in advance.

It's a little late for growing your own tobacco this year, but that is a great insecticide. Especially N. rustica tobacco with its' high nicotine content. Let me know if you are interested in obtaining seeds for next year. I have...a lot. You can get them from bouncingbearbotanicals.com for $10 with shipping if Ann Arbor is not a convenient place to pick up seeds from me. I think my tobacco and lemon juice and cayenne spray scared off any bugs in my garden for good. :sword:

It's a little late for growing your own tobacco this year, but that is a great insecticide. Especially N. rustica tobacco with its' high nicotine content. Let me know if you are interested in obtaining seeds for next year. I have...a lot. You can get them from bouncingbearbotanicals.com for $10 with shipping if Ann Arbor is not a convenient place to pick up seeds from me. I think my tobacco and lemon juice and cayenne spray scared off any bugs in my garden for good. :sword:

I use the same recipe and a watchful eye and have had no problems with mites for my last 6 grows.

I agree-- Ivory Dish soap works quite well for most critters-- as does any "Store-bought" NEEM or Pyrethrin product..

Neem is a oil extracted from a tropical nutshell-- and Pyrethrin is from Chrysanthemums...

You can get MANY brands of "3-in-1" spray made from these you mix at home or are ready to spray...

But once flowering-- IMO-- Ivory is the best bet!

Personally, I would never use tobacco-- the risk of tobacco mosaic Virus is low-- but always a possibility!

The only prob I have with Pyrethrin is that I read online that its extremely toxic to cats and I have a dog and cat, so thats not gonna work. We dont have kids, we have pets and god forbid I leave the door open by accident and the cat goes in there. O yeah, The cat likes to eat green leaves off of any house plants but he really likes medication plants.

So I need something that will be safe. I like the idea of pepper/onion juice and water. He(the cat) might get the idea that its not cool to eat plants any more, but the soap/water mix would prob work for that to.

Archived