No More Smell!

migreen

Three weeks into vegging and my basement was getting really stinky, I made a home made carbon filter, that helped but after a week it was bad again....SO i cut a 4" hole in my sile plate on the house and ducted it outdoors (live out in the middle of ten acres of woods)and the basement is odor free, i just have to leave a window cracked so i do not cause a vacuum. If you are having the same problem ya might want to try it. :thumbsu: migreen

yeah i got a 6" carbon "cann" style filter and i swear by this thing. my plants were about a foot tall and the whole house stunk, and im smack dab in the middle of a dense residential area.

picked up one of these things, hooked it up to my room's exhaust fan, and viola - all smell whatsoever is TOTALLY GONE - even a month away from harvest and these things are really starting to bud out, still no smell whatsoever outside of the grow room.

the pre-fab ones are kinda pricey, but totally worth it if you want to remain stealth.

Three weeks into vegging and my basement was getting really stinky, I made a home made carbon filter, that helped but after a week it was bad again....SO i cut a 4" hole in my sile plate on the house and ducted it outdoors (live out in the middle of ten acres of woods)and the basement is odor free, i just have to leave a window cracked so i do not cause a vacuum. If you are having the same problem ya might want to try it. :thumbsu: migreen

Glad this worked for you !!! I have neighbors right on top of me so this wouldn't be an option.....I like the way my basement smells look at it as free room reodorizer!!

Glad this worked for you !!! I have neighbors right on top of me so this wouldn't be an option.....I like the way my basement smells look at it as free room reodorizer!!

yeah, as long as you dont mind your buds tasting like your dank basement, and they will.

• 2 weeks later...

great post............ but 3 weeks into veg means NOTHING compared to smell at 8 weeks in flower........ as you are learning :)

just saying.......... for the newer growers.

and way to go!! nice posting. great growing.

yeah, as long as you dont mind your buds tasting like your dank basement, and they will.

My basement is airy...fresh...and smells good....no musty smells...i have lots of fresh air coming in... and the smell going out..this growers crop will not be dank.:rolleyes: migreen

• 3 weeks later...

I took out 2 blocks of the 8 in my basement glass block window. Then I put an openable window with a screen in place of the two blocks (cost $32 at local building supply). I had taken the openable window to a local furnace place that makes their own ducts prior to the installation and they charged me $15 to make a square duct that goes into the frame for the openable window...and they made it 6" diameter at the other end so I could put the flexible ducting on it that goes to the exhaust fan.

No more dank smells in the basement from the plants. In fact, no more basement smell in the basement anymore because all the air in it is now being vented out via the fan that goes out the window. The room stays cool, the basement has less smell than before I was growing, and the room temp only goes up to 79 degrees.

I'm thinking about putting ducts on the fan intake to suck hot air directly from the hoods of my two 450 watt lights, but for now the fan just draws from the ceiling area of the room and things are fine.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that it really benefits your whole basement to vent air out of it with a fan that blows it directly to the outdoors. It eliminates any negative effect of having a grow room in your basement. Just make sure you have some vent intakes on your room so that air can enter the room from the rest of your basement.

SWEET!

Actually, you WANT a vacuum... that way you KNOW smell isn't being wafted elsewhere.... If the point of negitive pressure IS your carbon filter, smells will naturally migrate towards that point..

Archived