Caregiver Reviews

Wyndorf

Its so ridiculous hearing these stories and I've been hearing them a lot lately.... How can you be a caregiver and not take care of the only reason you are a caregiver.... YOUR PATIENTS.... people need to get their head out of the A$$ and remember why they signed people... As a caregiver you have a RESPONSIBILITY... To me my patients are like my kids they need to be taken care of..... I hope that you can find a new CG that will take care of your needs and help you from not having to rely on HIGH dispensary prices.....GOOD LUCK ;)

EDITED in ferndale, douchebag CG...

I had to cancel on meeting him at the last minute, and he says i ripped him off and refuses to contact me back now. Never gave me his phone number, and only communicated through email. Often "out of town" and wouldn't get back to me for a few days...

Guest Marywanna

Mods,this would be a service to new pts. If you are going to let CGs post and look for pts,then you need to stand behind it. BG is doing a favor by putting these CG and PT threads together. But he is not recommending these people,he is just re-posting the threads.Just my 2 cents. MW

EDITED in ferndale, douchebag CG...

I had to cancel on meeting him at the last minute, and he says i ripped him off and refuses to contact me back now. Never gave me his phone number, and only communicated through email. Often "out of town" and wouldn't get back to me for a few days...

I've been sitting on this thread for a bit, thinking of how to reply. Still not sure how to tie my thoughts together, so I'll just ramble on:

Maybe Wyndorf is right, maybe he's not -- I lean toward giving the user a chance, but that's hard to do with a story like this from a user with few posts.

Is this symmetrical? Does it work both ways? -- If someone says in another thread that I'm a decent guy, should you believe them?

How should one choose a caregiver? -- Here's the main question raised in this thread. It's a timely question also, with the potential and reality of crackdowns on dispensaries hanging heavy in the air. I've seen much discussion on this, and followed it since I'm a caregiver personally known by few of you. I really haven't seen any foolproof ideas or methods, though. I would rank the best ideas I've seen for picking a caregiver like this:

1. Go to a compassion club. For most of us its easier to judge a person's reliability in person than over the Internet. We might still mess up and trust someone who doesn't deserve it. Hopefully the club environment helps to weed out these untrustworthy caregivers.
  2. Get a reference. Good idea in theory, but hard in practice. If the reference is online here, is it trustworthy? If I have a bunch of nice photos in my gallery, are they really mine? My patients will happily send references, but can you trust them? How do you know I didn't make them up?
  3. Pick an active caregiver with current samples. Again, are the samples really from the caregiver's grow?

There are so many stories of patient's being taken advantage of, too many stories to discount. It's really built in to the initial patient-caregiver relationship, after all. The patient loses most of their power and control once they sign over growing rights to the caregiver. The caregiver has the plants, and if they disappear at the end of the grow, what is the patient to do? Call the police? I hope not, I would like to see us can come up with a better idea than that, but I don't really have one. Should the caregiver post a bond or put some money in escrow to ensure that they will fulfill their end of the bargain? Well, that would be pretty hard for caregivers without plenty of extra cash.

Sorry you have a bad experience with your caregiver. We do not allow posts which bash people. Whether it a patient who is unsatisfied with their caregiver or a caregiver who has had a bad experience with their patient. When you start naming names it becomes slander (or is it libel?).

I really hope you have better luck with your next caregiver.

Guest Marywanna

Good advice. However many pts cannot get around. What about them? There has GOT to be SOME way to protect pts from creeps. Remember, many people come here for advice in obtaining a MMJ Card,they do not have any experience with this venue. And when you put an AD,which is what they are doing,I think people assume since it is here it is okay.These are the people we must advocate for as well as ourselves. Again,just my opinion. MW

Archived