Legal Amounts Of Meds On Hand?

first mate

OK.... Here's the deal.... me and my wife are both patients and we are caregivers for 2 patients...we are entitled under the law to have 48 plants on the property correct??...well that being said how is it we, can only have 2.5 ozs of meds per patient and have 48 plants the law says I can have 10 ozs of smokable meds on hand 2.5ozs. for me,my wife and 2 patients.....well with 48 plants were not talking oz's ...were talking poundages!!!...a buddy of mine says too bad how sad on what you can produce per plant, the law states 2.5 ozs. in possession....per patient....,his take on it is, G.M. makes a car that will go 200 mph...but you can't do it ...it's against the law!!!.any input on this would be greatly appreciated....tia

Well, if you are providing for patients like the Federal Government does, you would be providing them with about 9 oz. a month. Plants that are only veged for 4 weeks produce around 2 oz., or less. So with a 12 week cycle, you would be short around an oz a month. If your patients consume less than what the federal government thinks is necessary and you are a great grower, grow less plants.

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000257

OK.... Here's the deal.... me and my wife are both patients and we are caregivers for 2 patients...we are entitled under the law to have 48 plants on the property correct??...well that being said how is it we, can only have 2.5 ozs of meds per patient and have 48 plants the law says I can have 10 ozs of smokable meds on hand 2.5ozs. for me,my wife and 2 patients.....well with 48 plants were not talking oz's ...were talking poundages!!!...a buddy of mine says too bad how sad on what you can produce per plant, the law states 2.5 ozs. in possession....per patient....,his take on it is, G.M. makes a car that will go 200 mph...but you can't do it ...it's against the law!!!.any input on this would be greatly appreciated....tia

You and Your Wife Paitents limit = 5oz.. Your 2 Patients Limit is = 5oz.. Now you must be Cargiver for your wife and You . that is 5oz as well. So that would be 15oz Limit at that location . now for the Plant count. I would do 6-8 plants every Month . Clone every month.. so You would only have 6-8 plants about 15 ozs month.. That would make your Patients happy having meds on hand but not over your limit. Yea it is crazy how u got to do your math and make sure you dont go over.

Someones going crazy on the neg reps again.

The law does not disallow for receiving compensation from dispensaries for your overages. However many places seem to have problems with LEO pretending they don't understand it is allowed. So it seems to me you take a chance and go to the dispensaries or clubs or you don't grow as many plants. I have decided to go down to just a few plants for my wife and myself vs taking any chances. Once things have settled out some and the courts have upheld the law we will ramp up to get some compensation for our time.

I think I will be doing a small perpetual crop, allowing me to harvest a few oz at a time. or 3-4 plants harvested at a time. That way I can have a couple mothers, a few clones, and several plants in various stages of flower, and always be under or at 12 plants. Hell, just to be on the safe size, I may plan my perpetual around 10 plants to be safe, and that way if I come accross some good genetics I want to take home I can, without going over or having to "off" a plant.

As long as you operate secretively grow out your entire 12 trust me you will need every slot to be perpetual due to plant failure pest issues etc. ;)

Your almost guaranteed to lose a baby or two over the course of a grow unless your very grow savy. :)

Ahhh, that is a great point. I didnt even take the "down soldiers" into count :(

either way, I still think perpetual is the way to go for what I want to do :D

Thank you for pointing that out too btw, totally overlooked that factor.

thanks all for the info....the question was posted to try to calrify the law ...there are no poundages of meds on hand ...I only have a 4 plant grow at this time.... the question was just hypothetical,from what I'm reading on this site we all could use some clarification on plant count versus quanity of useable meds on hand.

Archived