1 Computer 3 Users--Question

Hello Everybody,

I have a question.

The computer I currently use to access the 3MA site is also used by a couple family members who visit the 3MA site. If my Brother-in-law who likes to argue (debate as he says) with people gets his butt banned from the site will I also be banned because of using the same computer to access the site?

I've lost access to another site in the past because he ran his yapper to a Mod and our IP addy was banned leaving me without access. :notfair: (thanks 4 that broinlaw) :growl: It is a method of stopping people from just coming back under another user name and starting their poor behavior all over again. Troll activity I think it's called.

hello mellowfellow

you are right on the ip address but that changes at times but its best to inform the bro to take it easy and USE restrain in the way he acts as it will affect you... if he does not then teach your self about how to run proxy's or show him but if hes that big of an a&& it wont matter... the other thing is to get email address of board mods and let them know its not u but then it will be up to you at that time to not allow him to login to the site that has banned him... best to lock him out of the system if it becomes a problem... tough love and besides its your system and guess what your responsible for who uses it and what they use it for.... i know on my rooms and sites i help with if theres a problem system we ban it until were sure it wont be a issue anymore... i know some people who have been banned for life as they just did not want to change and the group said they were more trouble than what they offered... anyway hope you understand.. mods point of view here maybe different as im not a mod on this board but think they will agree some what... each board has there own rules they follow and most of the time it allows some give to bad days but there is a limit to how others are treated... its hard to please everyone so at times it is hard to be a mod and have to ban someone for there actions and when they dont see them when there doing them... other people should not have to put up with some rants of others when its pushed to far... anyway sorry if i have spoken out as like i have said this is how i work the rooms and boards im involved with.... im not a mod here so what i say is my own opinion...

abbe

Hello Everybody,

I have a question.

The computer I currently use to access the 3MA site is also used by a couple family members who visit the 3MA site. If my Brother-in-law who likes to argue (debate as he says) with people gets his butt banned from the site will I also be banned because of using the same computer to access the site?

I've lost access to another site in the past because he ran his yapper to a Mod and our IP addy was banned leaving me without access. :notfair: (thanks 4 that broinlaw) :growl: It is a method of stopping people from just coming back under another user name and starting their poor behavior all over again. Troll activity I think it's called.

we are aware that many times there are multiple accounts from multiple people from the same IP.

if your brother-in-law gets his yapper busted by the mods, we will restrict that user name........... not the IP. so you would conceivably still be able to enjoy the site.

now if your brother-in-law gets his yapper busted, and then we see new accounts popping up from that same IP, its a safe bet that your brother-in-law is trying to sidetrack the system, and he will get the whole IP banned.

Archived