Has Anyone Been Caught Medicating In Another State

luvindragonflys

i am in kentucky and we were kicked out of our motel because they said they could smell marijuana. we were not medicating in there it was just so strong smelling that we couldn't contain it.even in our glass jar. we didn't stick around to ask ?'s we left in a hurry. just wondwering if anyone else has been through this. I believe we should have rights to travel with our meds. what do u think

The second you leave MI lines unfortunatly you are illegal in OH, IN, and any other non medical state. TSA is being understanding if you're going to and from a medical state, but not directly into a non medical state. I know it sucks you can't take it with you legally, wether you should take it with you is up to you but you will be subject to all fines and penalities of the state that you are in if you get caught.

Check the laws for the areas you are travelling to, through, and from..

If i remember right canada is not part of michigan so why would it be covered... The border has determined that if a patient has meds on them they will be confiscated and then allowed in you will not get them back, some parts of canada have it decriminalized so it is just a fine if oyu have any once you get there but transporting between 2 countries is a no no.

No legal advice here- just in my experience it is a WHOLE LOT safer to take drugs OUT of the country than to bring them INTO the country.

Just saying hypothetically.

Oh, and can we have Sieg Heil at the border?

Why are they nazis? What is legal here is only decrimnalized and legal there for their citizens not us.

I have traveled all over the US by car and motorcycle. I have never been kicked out of a motel because of cannabis. The wife and I normally medicate every night. Now we use a vaporizer but even back when we were using a pipe we used one with a cap with no problems. We normally stay in the more upscale motels but I would think if you are really concerned stay in the little mom and pop places with door that open right to your vehicle. To me that would be hard to smell what was going on in your room.

One warning. On I40 out west ( I think it was Nebraska or Iowa) there was a sign that said something like "Illegal drug check point ahead. All vehicles must stop. Drug dog in use." Right after the sign is a a exit ramp in the middle of BFE. Now I nearly took the exit then thought there is no way they are pulling over every vehicle on this major highway. The traffic would be back up for miles. Sure enough the check point was at the top of the exit ramp catching vehicles that got off. Great plan because there was no other reason to get off at that exit.

One warning. On I40 out west ( I think it was Nebraska or Iowa) there was a sign that said something like "Illegal drug check point ahead. All vehicles must stop. Drug dog in use." Right after the sign is a a exit ramp in the middle of BFE. Now I nearly took the exit then thought there is no way they are pulling over every vehicle on this major highway. The traffic would be back up for miles. Sure enough the check point was at the top of the exit ramp catching vehicles that got off. Great plan because there was no other reason to get off at that exit.

Hahaha

thanks for that

Hahaha

thanks for that

You are welcome. I have tried to pass that info on as much as I can. They nearly got me. There was very little time to think between the sign and exit. I'm sure that is what they were counting on. I had a CB radio so I asked the truckers and they told me they do that all the time there a usually catch a bunch of out of state people. It is a big money maker for that county.

my husband and i have been to motels all over different states and we have never been kicked out of a motel until now.our trip to kentucky was the 1st time. we we staying @ the springhill suites in louisville . the manager was a real jerk and the woman that we contacted @ mr. marriotts office said the cops found nothing in our room and the manager had no reason to put us out like that. i believe we will be getting our money back.

Good for you. It must have been just one bad manager. I have a Marriott rewards card so we stay in them often and never have any issues. Though I must admit I have never had bud so stinky that a glass jar could not contain the smell from going through the cracks in the door to the hall way. Maybe take a can of that spray stuff that is supposed to mask the odor next time?

Archived