When Am I Legal?

Ok first I want to apppologise for starting what will probably be another dead horse thread by the time its done.....

That said,

I got my Dr. recomendeation letter on the 13th of last month, mailed certified to the state on the same say.

Check was cashed on 8/19

Now, I have been told by a few people that they can not help me until after 21days after the CHECK was cashed, but the only refference I see is:

"(b) If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission"

Is there another mention somewhere in this law that I am not seeing, that has everyone thinking it is 21 days from date the check was cashed? The only mention I see, says I am legal 20 days after I "SUBMIT" not after received, or check cashed.

Just in the last 2 days, I have had a couple people tell me they can't/won't help me until more time has passed.

I have copies of everything, the cashed check and all, so I should be legal as of a couple days ago as he law is written.

Thanks for the help guys, this place has been a goldmine og info :)

Everyone is just being cautious, as they should. You can count on the attitude of card in hand or you cannot get help to become the norm till this is all sorted out. People are just protecting themselves. According to the law it is 20 days after you SUBMIT your paperwork but like I said people are just rightfully being cautious. Your not far from that so hang tight and you will be good to go soon. You are correct on the unregistered part but since the law doesnt respect the law then I dont blame anyone for not trusting that situation.

Everyone is just being cautious, as they should. You can count on the attitude of card in hand or you cannot get help to become the norm till this is all sorted out. People are just protecting themselves. According to the law it is 20 days after you SUBMIT your paperwork but like I said people are just rightfully being cautious. Your not far from that so hang tight and you will be good to go soon. You are correct on the unregistered part but since the law doesnt respect the law then I dont blame anyone for not trusting that situation.

I totally understand being cautious, and that part about the law not respecting the law is right on.

So, I am not missing anything here in the written law then? If my math is right, I am legal according to the writen law, and considered a valid cardholder (with paperwork as proof) as of hmmm yesterday :D wooo hoooo

Thanks for the reply, I was starting to go crazy thinking there was something else there I was just missing.

I totally understand being cautious, and that part about the law not respecting the law is right on.

So, I am not missing anything here in the written law then? If my math is right, I am legal according to the writen law, and considered a valid cardholder (with paperwork as proof) as of hmmm yesterday :D wooo hoooo

Thanks for the reply, I was starting to go crazy thinking there was something else there I was just missing.

your welcome

now the daunting wait is on.

I just recieved my card today mailed 5/17 check cashed 5/19 card arrived today. Hopefully but doubtfully they will get things going faster.

so the cashed check means what? does it show proof that the office received your paperwork?

whats the point of waiting 21 days after the check is cashed?

From what I see, people are wanting to see that cashed check, since it can help prove paperwork is legit. If they cashed your check, you must have filled out and sent in the paperwork, and not just forged copies.

I do see the need to use caution, and asking for the copy of the check is a smart move IMO, but if I have the copy to show they cashed, then my paperwork should be considered good 20 days from submission like the law states, and the time after the check is cashed should be irrelivant as long as it was indeed cashed ;)

your welcome

now the daunting wait is on.

I just recieved my card today mailed 5/17 check cashed 5/19 card arrived today. Hopefully but doubtfully they will get things going faster.

Indeed, the wait is on ;)

I wont be that worried about card in hand as long as I find someone in my area who will accept paperwork. Well, I will be going to one of the CC meetings this weekend if they are still having it, so maybe I'll meet someone there and everything will work out :)

Thank you

NP

I just wanted to keep this to the simple side of registered, and how much time involved. I think once we start talking Affirm Def. and registered vs unregistered, thats where it gets a little confusing, and may cause a lot of dissagreements based on how it's interpreted.

So yeah, for purposes of this question, I am talking after sending in registration only, not all the other grey areas that might cause dissagreements :)

Archived