Hydro

DADDY COOL

hey all my first post here im in uk hope u guys dont mind me askin some questions ok i have some 80 ltr tanks ive covered them over they are long like coffins ive got 8 inches from the nets of pots to the the bottom of the tank i wiil take pics and show u what ive done i have pumps drip line feeders water heaters ect ect now im not new to growing ive been in dirt for 7 years but i feel i need to try the hydro thing so im giveing it a whirl my tanks hold 90 litres so i plan 4 plants per tank, ive put pots on top of resevoir with a drip system to run on timer is it cool for me to run like this ive seen people useing little rubbermaid buckets with just a air pump and nute bath what ive built is just a bigger version with drippers! im terrible at explaining things but am i on the right track or have i overlooked anything basically will it be ok to sit these plants directly above my resevoir with the

roots going to the bubbles and nutes ? from the bottom of the net pots i have a drop of 8 inches or so to the bottom of the tank?

Mod removed Caps

thanks for the welcome hopefully i will have some good things to share ive just popped some beans what ive popped is Great white shark greenhouse jack herer greenhouse dna lemon skunk subcool space bomb dna rocklock g13 white widdow barnys farm pinaple chunk and barnys farm red diesel i also have some autos from dinafem i have roadrunner critical and a haze should be good! thanks for the reply friends so i take it 80-90 litres for 4 plants is good yeah? the only problem i can possibly see is my tank is only 8 inches deep but its long and wide so roots should have plenty of room regardless of the height of the tank, am i right on this? 90 litres 4 plants? tank is 1 meter long 50cm wide, im in uk but thanks michigan peeps massive respect hope u all dont mind me asking questions just this will be first ever hydro run! no more dirt for a while

thanks for the welcome hopefully i will have some good things to share ive just popped some beans what ive popped is Great white shark greenhouse jack herer greenhouse dna lemon skunk subcool space bomb dna rocklock g13 white widdow barnys farm pinaple chunk and barnys farm red diesel i also have some autos from dinafem i have roadrunner critical and a haze should be good! thanks for the reply friends so i take it 80-90 litres for 4 plants is good yeah? the only problem i can possibly see is my tank is only 8 inches deep but its long and wide so roots should have plenty of room regardless of the height of the tank, am i right on this? 90 litres 4 plants? tank is 1 meter long 50cm wide, im in uk but thanks michigan peeps massive respect hope u all dont mind me asking questions just this will be first ever hydro run! no more dirt for a while

I am a little confused of why you are using drip feed with DWC? Just like growing in dirt the more room you give your roots the bigger your plants are going to get on top... Here is 2 links to spots on the website that you can learn basically from the best on Hydro/DWC...

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/20296-bubblegrowers-perpetual-budget-grow-journal/

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/18150-need-your-grow-questions-answered-come-on-in/page__st__240

Good luck and WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!!

hey there sorry to confuse you like i say my explaining takes alot to be desired! im placeing my plants into rockwool cubes then into net pots with clay pebbles the idea of the drip feeder is to stop the pebbles from drying out to a certain extent and to help the roots find there way to the bubbles underneath is not a good idea? i figure that maybe a drip on timer say once every 15 mins every couple hours wont hurt it was simple to add to the bubbler system and i can remove it if it will hinder growth i got the idea from my hydro shop they had a bubbler with drippers i thought it was a decent idea but if im wrong please let me know i cant be makeing any mistakes! thanks for the links peace DC

You don't need drippers..... All the roots get their water and nutz from the water below.... The roots grow straight into the water and as long as you have the water properly oxygenated you will be good to grow :thumbsu:

med_gallery_13801_60_1520335.jpg

This is a pic of one of the Bubblegrowers plants at 18 days, the bubblegrower is probably the most knowledgable person of DWC I know. Read his posts and you can learn basically everything there is to know about it.

I was/am just like you when it comes to hydro I didn't know jack $hit, I got what I saw was working (bubbletotes) and gave it a whirl. This is my first try at it right now, I put in a plant 5 days ago that had EXTREMELY small roots probably 1/4 inch. This pic is 5 days later nothing special but the growth speed is CRAZY.......

tn_gallery_15392_238_1162284.jpg

tn_gallery_15392_238_1011012.jpg

tn_gallery_15392_238_19830.jpg

wow thanks for shareing i can wait to get these bubblers working my pips have all sprouted 13 out of 13 should find a real gem in amongst what i got as it happens this is my first ever multi grow i usually just run the same strain as i have for nearly 7 years i shoulod be readdy to put these pips into 3 inch cubes in a couple of days then soon as roots make it out of the rockwool straight into bubblers thanks for the pics im v impressed with the rate of growth you have taken time to show me much much appreciated i think i may be turning my back on dirt dare i say it! heres to bubblers thanks every1 for your time youve given to help me!!! guidence is what i needed and plenty of it here!!

Archived