Medicating

Dbyrd

Not sure I understand but I think you are asking if you can pass a joint or bowl to a person without a card and the answer is NO. You can receive from anyone if you have a card.

That's kind of my question but I mean if someone who isn't a patient smokes their weed with you can you do that? Like you said receive is ok but to hand it back to them would you have to set it on the table and walk away? haha

You may be covered by this..... ????

(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana.

You may be covered by this..... ????

(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana.

I don't think that is going to protect a patient from passing cannabis to a non patient.

I have to agree with 420 Atheist on that. The best thing you could do, in today's political climate, is to encourage those who use cannabis without a card to get their cards. It is a rather simple thing, many doctors are willing to sign now. I think that if you were caught handing that duchee to a non-patient, that would be grounds for you to lose your rights. Definately not worth it!!! Peace...j.b.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think 420 has the better statement than Jon. :goodjob:

Medicating in your back yard when the back yard is not private is a bad idea. Consider the difference if you have 4 houses and a parking lot backing up to your back yard vs. a half-acre tree covered lot with a fence.

It depends........ :growl:

Interesting perspective, pretty soon the only place that will be considered non public is a corner of a crawlspace that is also enclosed and no access to it by anybody including the owner.

As an aside, if the law was read as strict as you suggest, it only prevents smoking "in any public place", other forms of medicating would be perfectly legal in public as long as it isn't one of the named places that also prevent possession.

The MDCH tried to make our living rooms private property, once upon a time. I've been smoking freely on my back porch...of course I have some pretty cool neighbors and no one can see me smoking there other than them and they understand that I am a patient. I think the best explaination of where you can smoke is "would you feel comfortable having sex there", if not, then it is too public to be smoking...Peace...j.b.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived