Northern Michigan Compassion Club

Northern Michigan Compassion Club will begin meetings in Gaylord beginning Friday September 24, and on each 3rd Friday thereafter. All are welcome. Our first meeting will be at Saturn Bookstore, 133 West Main Street, September 24th, from 6-7PM. We are a support group for people involved with Medical Marijuana or looking to find resources to get their recommendations or to find caregivers or just to find people of like minds to share with. We have been invited to the area by local residents and look forward to networking in the community..for info please visit http://nmichcc.ning.com/

Does NMCC have any ideas on getting a doctor to stand up in court with a card holder?

up north area. Trying to use afirmitive defence. very small use charge. could use any help.

If you had less than 2.5 ounces, and less than 12 plants, and have a qualifying medical condition, that was being treated prior to your arrest..... maybe ?

That would show you were aware of the law, and followed it's limits.

But, their question to you: All that's fine and good..... so why didn't you apply for the card ?

Good luck !!

to tell you the truth i was afraid of big brother.

I was going to wait 1 year from when it became legal. to be safe.

to test the waters. mistake 1 . i did start the prosses of getting my records to MMMA

and yes i had only 5 joints and i did have a medical condition that was being treated untill i lost my medical insurance. 2 years pryer.

I had a letter from the MMMA backing up the doctors recommidation. I was greatful for that.

But the prosicutor said that the letter is hearsay. and they need live testomony.

The courts there are being tough on this. If i dont get a testomony, i will have to plea guilty and loose my lic,on probation with out smoking anything,and pay thru the nose in fines. and i could go to jail. and no guns for 1 year.

When using the affermative defense you must prove these three things..

(1) A physician has stated that, in the physician's professional opinion, after having completed a full assessment of the patient's medical history and current medical condition made in the course of a bona fide physician-patient relationship, the patient is likely to receive therapeutic or palliative benefit from the medical use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition;

(2) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marihuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition; and

(3) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were engaged in the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition.

So If what you need is a dr to testify in court that the medical condition that you have is likely to respond theraputically or pallitive (sp whatever) to MM then i would contact Dr Bob.. OR if what you need is YOUR physician who signed your recommendation to testify in court you should contact them.. OR if what you need is to prove a bonafide relationship with your dr who recommended to you i would check this out..

http://www.telehealthlawcenter.org/?c=177&a=1946

I hope this helps a little..

When using the affermative defense you must prove these three things..

(1) A physician has stated that, in the physician's professional opinion, after having completed a full assessment of the patient's medical history and current medical condition made in the course of a bona fide physician-patient relationship, the patient is likely to receive therapeutic or palliative benefit from the medical use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition;

(2) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marihuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition; and

(3) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were engaged in the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition.

So If what you need is a dr to testify in court that the medical condition that you have is likely to respond theraputically or pallitive (sp whatever) to MM then i would contact Dr Bob.. OR if what you need is YOUR physician who signed your recommendation to testify in court you should contact them.. OR if what you need is to prove a bonafide relationship with your dr who recommended to you i would check this out..

http://www.telehealthlawcenter.org/?c=177&a=1946

I hope this helps a little..

full assessment of the patient's medical history and current medical condition made in the course of a bona fide physician-patient relationship.

This is where the courts are sayin about this sentence. A 1 time visit is not a bona fide physican patient relationship.

That word (COURSE) is in ??? thx for your words. This is not looking good for me.

full assessment of the patient's medical history and current medical condition made in the course of a bona fide physician-patient relationship.

This is where the courts are sayin about this sentence. A 1 time visit is not a bona fide physican patient relationship.

That word (COURSE) is in ??? thx for your words. This is not looking good for me.

you should be OK call Dr. bob he may help you or go to the THC-F try and call them

Archived