How Would You Transfer A Clone For A Hydro System?

SweeneyTodd

I have an EZ Clone machine and want to donate a few clones to a friend/patient. Usually after they root in the machine I put them in cups with dirt but he wants them for use in his hydro setup. Any tips on how to transport these for hydro?

Thanks for any help.

I take clones pretty regularly. Right now I have Pineapple Express, Northern Lights, Juicy Fruit and White Widow mothers. PM me here on the site if you need some. I'm in the Ann Arbor area.

a couple different ways.

first off, you can pull one of your clones out of the aero and put in a ziplock bag with a couple tablespoons of r.o. water in it. as long as it stays fairly warm and safe (not crushed obviously) it will last for a couple hours. when he/she gets it home they can go right into hydroton with it. there may be a shock delay of about a day or two depending on how long they are in the ziplock bag.

another way is to go ahead and clone in dirt as you normally clone. just get them to him as soon after they "root" (again) as possible. have him let the clones/party cups whatever dry out fairly well. this will help him/her remove the clone from the pot/cup easier. gently remove the clone/roots from the container and bob the little roots gently up and down in a bowl of room temp r.o. water until all the soil has washed off. then into the hydroton it goes. once again, thre may be a day or two of shock..... this time it will depend on exactly how rooted they are before washing them..... less is best. the more roots they have formed in soil, the harder it is for them to adapt to clay pebbles.

Archived