Patients Registered In Califorina

peacefulfield

Another states card that has MM laws are accepted in Michigan.

Wrong, any other medical marijuana state that accepts a Michigan Medical Marijuana card, that other states card is valid here. As far as I know Montana and Rhode Island are the only two states that will take our cards without question so we honor theirs, the problem is we dont have dispensaries like they do, Michigans system is all fubar.

Wrong, any other medical marijuana state that accepts a Michigan Medical Marijuana card, that other states card is valid here. As far as I know Montana and Rhode Island are the only two states that will take our cards without question so we honor theirs, the problem is we dont have dispensaries like they do, Michigans system is all fubar.

HOW AM I WRONG? I said the same thing as you. Let me repeat myself to see if you get it right.

Another states card that has MM laws are accepted in Michigan.

Let me break it down for you.

If your from Cali (Another state that has MM laws), and you have your (whatever is required) in Cali to use Cannabis (Cannabis Card or Dr. Rec.), then you will be accepted in Michigan and be able to engage in the Medical Use of Cannabis.

So before you tell me I am wrong, read correctly what I say!

Still wrong hehe, Cali does not accept our cards, therefore their cards are not valid here. Only other medical states that accept our cards are legal (Montana & Rhode Island) here but if the out of state patient wants meds here in Michigan and they arent connected through the MDCH with a caregiver where are they supposed to get meds? We dont have "legal" dispensaries as most other medical states do.

Still wrong hehe, Cali does not accept our cards, therefore their cards are not valid here. Only other medical states that accept our cards are legal (Montana & Rhode Island) here but if the out of state patient wants meds here in Michigan and they arent connected through the MDCH with a caregiver where are they supposed to get meds? We dont have "legal" dispensaries as most other medical states do.

You are right, and WOW that is dumb, I could of sworn I read it differently.

(j) A registry identification card, or its equivalent, that is issued under the laws of another state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the United States that allows the medical use of marihuana by a visiting qualifying patient, or to allow a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana, shall have the same force and effect as a registry identification card issued by the department.

That is stupid, I really thought it was ANY state that allowed Med-Cannabis use could use here in MI.

Thanks for not tearing me apart and correcting me. + 10 rep for you my friend.

From NORML.org

RECIPROCITY: Yes. Authorizes a patient with a debilitating medical condition, with a registry identification card (or its equivalent), to engage in the medical use of marijuana. Also authorizes a person to assist with the medical use of marijuana by a patient with a debilitating medical condition. R.I. Gen. Laws § 21-28.6-4(k) (2006).

RECIPROCITY: Yes. Authorizes qualifying patient with registry identification card (or its equivalent) to engage in the medical use of marijuana. Also authorizes a person to assist with a qualifying patient’s medical use of marijuana. Mont. Code Ann. §50-46-201(8) (2009).

RECIPROCITY: Yes. Authorizes visiting qualifying patient with registry identification card (or its equivalent) from a State that also allows the medical use of marijuana by visiting qualifying patients, to engage in the medical use of marijuana. Also authorizes a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient’s medical use of marijuana. Mich. Comp. Law § 333.26424(j) (2008).

RECIPROCITY: Yes. Authorizes visiting qualifying patient with valid registry identification card (or its equivalent), to engage in conduct authorized for the registered patient (the medical use of marijuana) for 30 days after entering the State, without having to obtain a Maine registry identification card. Visiting qualifying patients are not authorized to obtain in Maine marijuana for medical use. Me. Rev. Stat. Tit. 22, §2423-D (2010).

I thought like Zombiefied, so I looked it up. This may be one of those items that had an adjustment. The NORML site did not always read like this.

This was the first thing I researched once the new law passed as I wanted to get out there and get some elite genetics from other states that were legal. I found it very hard to get any help in Cali, sure some would help you out but it was only for the big $$$. Rhode Island doesnt have anything going yet and I didnt even try to meet people there.

In Montana they have caregivers but they are more like dispensaries as they can service anyone with a card. One caregiver out there that I talked to had 24 different strains of meds available with about half of them available in clone form. Its too bad our law isnt more like that one, its not like the people arent going to do what they want anyhow as thats the way things have been done all along, but still it should be written into law whats what.

Zombie, I wouldnt tear anyone apart, thats not how I roll, I just wanted to point out whats 100% legal as its written in the law as we dont want misinformation getting out to the masses, you know how a story changes once its told down the line, thats how people are getting parts of this law mixed up and its not only us patients, its LEO, they need to be educated as well as they dont know the law any better than us patients. I try to educate a LEO any chance I get, it kind of feels good when you teach them something they did not know about the MMMP law.

cali cards are good here just because they dont accept our state card has nothing to do with it.no where in OUR law does it say that MM states have to accept our card before we accept theirs.

cali cards are good here just because they dont accept our state card has nothing to do with it.no where in OUR law does it say that MM states have to accept our card before we accept theirs.

(j) A registry identification card, or its equivalent, that is issued under the laws of another state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the United States that allows the medical use of marihuana by a visiting qualifying patient, or to allow a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana, shall have the same force and effect as a registry identification card issued by the department.

Read that again

Greetings All,

Your passion at understanding this issue is commendable. This link: http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881 clearly answers the question with a resounding YES.

I want to commend you again for your strong efforts and time spent to understand what is best to protect yourselves. After all when we get down and dirty to the meat of the matter - what are we all trying to do above everything else? To Survive…

I am the cause of all this commotion – I am sorry I have brought such stress on so many. I am MAD that the one agency chosen and paid with our tax dollars to protect and serve seem to be the catalyst behind such measures.

I am not a criminal – I am not a bad person. I am a business owner, mother of three - I want to eat and keep it down. I have tried every over the counter medication and some forms stop the nausea – I am asleep for days and I don’t actually eat but I’m not nauseous…

Here it is in a nutshell. I live in the woods in the middle of no where - I missed my flight to LA earlier last week and was out of medical marijuana and could not make arrangements to fly back as the infections are becoming to frequent (11 out of the last 13 flights). I am fighting a form of cancer; NHL that attacked my lymphatic system.

Over the past 48 hours I have driven to back and forth twice for a chance to establish a caregiver or help to get some medicine so I could eat and keep it in me to “survive”.

A combined total of approximately 24 hours driving between both of the trips. The first trip I was robbed of $500. The second trip, was better. I was able to find a little bit 4-5 grams. It was gone today but last night I had chili cheese fries and almost a cheese burger but I had the chili cheese fries!!!! It was the first food I had kept down since Tuesday the 22nd. This morning before the meds were all gone I had a cranberry muffin. I am sorry for this rant – but you need to understand 14 months ago I weighed 84 pounds – I weigh 106 today! It’s still 5 pounds in a 10 pound sack but trust me 5 still fills more much better than 3.

I was invited to come to a festival I was told good people were there who wanted to help. I came. To those from the MOCC festival – I was the one in white. Let me say I know you did not intend what happened. I came to you scared, vulnerable, very ill, all alone, a stranger and in need. Let’s face it – I am not an old lady but I am also no spring chicken either, I am 5’ 3+” on a good day and like I said 106 pounds. I was tagged a danger without notice and sent out among the crowds not knowing I was tagged this way. It DID NOT happen BUT what if someone took me as a threat (which DID happen) and hurt me?

When I finally spoke up and asked please help me I am hungry I need help to eat you pointed to a table of food? Now please do NOT take this wrong – Steve Bill Will DJ you were amazing and did the best you could – I understand. Only one of you helped me finally eat he knows who he is and how happy I was to feel human again – it was 1:30 in the morning but it was food and I started to feel my body live again.

So… I am out and I am going to try again Monday. Another drive another prayer in the wind. As a potential caregiver has not replied – he told me he was there - he told me what he had what the cost was, I am ready, I will pay what you ask, please help me. I hope this time it is heard. Staying close to home in the UP. I don’t want to hurt you or take anything from you. I only want to survive, I want to live. You were protecting yourselves last night – staying safe – surviving… I get that….

I was too….

Thank you again – all of you choosing to take this challenge/responsibility to provide this plant – this medicine that does things nothing else can. Once upon a time head-ache powders were considered “witchery” – “devil’s powder” today we have aspirin made for babies and would not think twice of taking an aspirin for a head-ache. Because those brave people persevered and held ground, today we can take an aspirin for most head-aches. Who knows the illnesses this medicine can cure one day thanks to the bravery we are seeing today from all of you. Blayne422, please answer me. I am coming Monday – ok? I sent you a pm with my details.

To law enforcement who probably watch what is posted. There are always a few bad apples in every barrel. This is life. Please keep one thing in mind from this, ok? Please.? While there are some who abuse this and all systems; there are those who depend on it for survival. Are you not then bound to protect them?

Ok I’m done… thanks for gifts!

Greetings All,

Your passion at understanding this issue is commendable. This link: http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881 clearly answers the question with a resounding YES.

I want to commend you again for your strong efforts and time spent to understand what is best to protect yourselves. After all when we get down and dirty to the meat of the matter - what are we all trying to do above everything else? To Survive…

I am the cause of all this commotion – I am sorry I have brought such stress on so many. I am MAD that the one agency chosen and paid with our tax dollars to protect and serve seem to be the catalyst behind such measures.

I am not a criminal – I am not a bad person. I am a business owner, mother of three - I want to eat and keep it down. I have tried every over the counter medication and some forms stop the nausea – I am asleep for days and I don’t actually eat but I’m not nauseous…

Here it is in a nutshell. I live in the woods in the middle of no where - I missed my flight to LA earlier last week and was out of medical marijuana and could not make arrangements to fly back as the infections are becoming to frequent (11 out of the last 13 flights). I am fighting a form of cancer; NHL that attacked my lymphatic system.

Over the past 48 hours I have driven to back and forth twice for a chance to establish a caregiver or help to get some medicine so I could eat and keep it in me to “survive”.

A combined total of approximately 24 hours driving between both of the trips. The first trip I was robbed of $500. The second trip, was better. I was able to find a little bit 4-5 grams. It was gone today but last night I had chili cheese fries and almost a cheese burger but I had the chili cheese fries!!!! It was the first food I had kept down since Tuesday the 22nd. This morning before the meds were all gone I had a cranberry muffin. I am sorry for this rant – but you need to understand 14 months ago I weighed 84 pounds – I weigh 106 today! It’s still 5 pounds in a 10 pound sack but trust me 5 still fills more much better than 3.

I was invited to come to a festival I was told good people were there who wanted to help. I came. To those from the MOCC festival – I was the one in white. Let me say I know you did not intend what happened. I came to you scared, vulnerable, very ill, all alone, a stranger and in need. Let’s face it – I am not an old lady but I am also no spring chicken either, I am 5’ 3+” on a good day and like I said 106 pounds. I was tagged a danger without notice and sent out among the crowds not knowing I was tagged this way. It DID NOT happen BUT what if someone took me as a threat (which DID happen) and hurt me?

When I finally spoke up and asked please help me I am hungry I need help to eat you pointed to a table of food? Now please do NOT take this wrong – Steve Bill Will DJ you were amazing and did the best you could – I understand. Only one of you helped me finally eat he knows who he is and how happy I was to feel human again – it was 1:30 in the morning but it was food and I started to feel my body live again.

So… I am out and I am going to try again Monday. Another drive another prayer in the wind. As a potential caregiver has not replied – he told me he was there - he told me what he had what the cost was, I am ready, I will pay what you ask, please help me. I hope this time it is heard. Staying close to home in the UP. I don’t want to hurt you or take anything from you. I only want to survive, I want to live. You were protecting yourselves last night – staying safe – surviving… I get that….

I was too….

Thank you again – all of you choosing to take this challenge/responsibility to provide this plant – this medicine that does things nothing else can. Once upon a time head-ache powders were considered “witchery” – “devil’s powder” today we have aspirin made for babies and would not think twice of taking an aspirin for a head-ache. Because those brave people persevered and held ground, today we can take an aspirin for most head-aches. Who knows the illnesses this medicine can cure one day thanks to the bravery we are seeing today from all of you. Blayne422, please answer me. I am coming Monday – ok? I sent you a pm with my details.

To law enforcement who probably watch what is posted. There are always a few bad apples in every barrel. This is life. Please keep one thing in mind from this, ok? Please.? While there are some who abuse this and all systems; there are those who depend on it for survival. Are you not then bound to protect them?

Ok I’m done… thanks for gifts!

No worry's, I just thought it would make a good post. I'm sorry to hear about your hardships & sorry I could not help. But it sounds like you found what you were looking for.

Archived