Mmma 2.0 Videoconference? Admins Yet To Ok Or Nay

greenhouse

http://www.videoconference.com/MMMA2.0VC

I've set up a video conference or chat room for anyone to use. It'll stay open until Tuesday Oct. 5th.

This is a test to see if we can utilize this software to include EVERYONE in important meetings, no matter where you are in our great state of Michigan.

Feel free to use it, please be respectful to others, and know that anything and everything on the internet can and may be recorded, so just stay legal.

Password protected rooms are available, not sure yet how many I can host at once, but looking into it.

Maybe we can use this at the Unity rally or something. I'll see if I can set it up to stream into the room.... no promises because I'm not sure the best way to do that yet... more to come.

Blueberry, this only cost $50, which came from the LCCC donations, so it's ours/yours to use as we're into sharing. There are some cool options too. Let me know if you folks think this might help.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Went and looked in on this today. Didn't look to bad. What ae the advantages of this over some freeware deal like stickam? I dont ever use stickam myself, so I have no idea all it can do....but just wondering.

best

Honestly I checked out as many as I could stand before looking into buying this one. All I found had restrictions, unless you go "Pro" or "Super-Awesome version20.x" which required $$. ... so far I like this one.

We could start the meetings by each reading a section of the law. During which attendees can set the speaker and mic levels, and we'll all keep the law fresh. Just an idea. May take too long, but found that the levels need to be set properly and it takes a bit of tweaking.

For new folks to the room their settings need to be dialed in, just trying to think of a useful way to get everybody hearing and heard during such events.

greenhouse I really appreciate what you're doing and I hope I can "be there" to listen to the meeting and maybe even get a chance to say something. I hope it works out, if not that program, something that will that we can rely on. As long as it's "user friendly," as well as being economical, it'll work out well.

Sb

Silverblue, you and everyone else are welcome to check out the "room" if yo want. Not much of anything goin' on there as far as I know, but it's ALWAYS open and free for MMMA forum users.

Gonna create a private room for the site Admins here to use if hey want. It'll be up, whether they use it or not is for them to decide.

I suppose we're gonna need some rules to help keep the peace, so to speak... any ideas?

It's public, just two photos loaded, you can upload files to share, not sure if they're virus scanned, as a matter of fact they're probably not! But I posted the two pics so I know those are clean. One's a tricot I sprouted, long since days ago, but still a good pic.

Crap, I can only host one room at a time... BUT anyone can open a room I think, and make it private... with a password, will check to see for sure.

greenhouse, my only idea is to make sure there's some way to be sure no one can step on someone else, for example, while Bb is talking, I can't interrupt him till he's done. Everyone needs a chance to be heard. Can we type while someone's talking, so we can alert them to any questions they might need to answer when they're done talking, or if someone else can't hear well they could get their answer in text? The only other rule, aside from being considerate, etc., is to make sure at the meeting place where the group is gathered, that only one person at a time speaks, so they can be clearly heard. I may go to the site and test it later. It'd be nice if some of us could gather there to test it so we can have a good idea before the meeting about how it works and hope it's compatible with everyone's setup. Checking files for viruses, and other security measures, are very important, that should be handled immediately, before people go there. Thanks again for hosting this part of the event. If it works out and we can use it again, providing enough are interested, I'd consider sending a small donation, especially if I can use it, being unable to travel, and I prove myself to be an asset to the community.

Sb

Guest Mr_smith

Didnt work for me, said I needed latest version of flash. DL flash and still no worky. I cant attend the meeting but if you guys set something up so I can join in on that site that would be awesome!

Mr_Smith hi, there should be a way to adjust the settings, maybe something in your browser too plus the flash program has its own settings, if you got a little screen where the video is supposed to be, you can right click in the space there should be a menu that comes up and it'll help you adjust it. I hope this helps. May\ve someone else will see these posts and be able to help, too. You could always ask greenhouse to help if these ideas don't work, being that's who put the site up for us. I hope you can get it working. I peeked in there and got the text part to work, after the flash part got going and I saw something loading. I haven't gotten a chance to try the video part yet but first the flash has to be working right.

Sb

the idea of a online meeting makes ALOT more scence then everyone driveing 100's of miles

I checked out your room last night and it was very nice... all ya have to do is input your nickname

I use Ventrillo everyday to comunicate with people in groups that are spread over the entire USA and even other parts of the world. Online meetings is the way of the future.. we could percevably have a meeting online with anyone with speakers could attnd even if they dont have a mic to talk

THIS option is way smarter than holding rallys every week or so you have to drive too.. meet online and get everyone on the same page before in person rallys!

I think its a Good Ideal ,

But getting People to use it , is another thing ...

I've been using Skype for many years and is one

of the Best ways I've found to talk to a small group

of Friends ...

I have friends from all around the world that we

talk on Skype every single day ...

We enjoy playing Poker on Pokerstars.net and

talking on Skype while we play :thumbsu:

Thanks to the " Lapeer County Compassion Club "

for setting up this , Hopefully you can get

others to use this ...

ok we had 7 people in there

2 with mics and 4 just typeing and listening

and one with video and voice...

those of us testing decided this service was very laggy and everyone could talk at once

those of us testing that had used Ventrillo before think we would do alot better useing vent. So durring meeting mods can make it so just one person at a time can talk and also less lagg.. I use a ventrillo server I play games on and we rent a 200 person ventrillo server so there would be no need of lack of room for meetings

It was a great test and very nice and we all thought that this was a very good idea for meetings instead of gas wasting

EDIT would like to test the lagg more.. only 1 person really complained of lagg and may have been on his end

Guest 1TokeOverLine

I was driver-challenged. LOL The lack of mic and cam may have been why I experienced no lag. It would work well to broadcast a conference with minimal feedback tho I would think.

Great job - Wondering if the lag would be worse with more users logged in tho...still testing to be done.

1T

Im one of the ones who was just listening. :) (Though I do have a cam and I would've had a mic if I could've found my headset.) Anyways... the chat room was fine, though it was hard to hear a couple of the members in the room.

All in all, I think its a neat addition to the site.

*HuGS*

Trish :)

I'm trying really hard to reschedule tomorrow's previous commitments so I can attend. If not anyone with a camcorder or laptop at the meeting can be the host. I can and will extend moderator permissions to some, especially if I cannot make it.

With a camcorder or external video capture device, which can be selected through the program, the mtg. can be broadcast. Attendees/members can be muted so not too much over-talking, and can adjust their mic and volume independently for each member...

Archived