Micron Specific Screens

Tripleberry

I have an old H Times magazine which has a 3 page spread on making Hashish. The system is quite simple, its a rack setup with 3 stainless screens that the plant material is screened through leaving pure kief at the bottom on a plate. Ive done several searches over the years and cannot find any micron specific screens. H Times setup was very specific on which micron each screen should be. Anyone have any ideas on where to order screens by micron sizes???

I have an old H Times magazine which has a 3 page spread on making Hashish. The system is quite simple, its a rack setup with 3 stainless screens that the plant material is screened through leaving pure kief at the bottom on a plate. Ive done several searches over the years and cannot find any micron specific screens. H Times setup was very specific on which micron each screen should be. Anyone have any ideas on where to order screens by micron sizes???

Ok, forgive me, Its a 2 screen setup. The first being 150 micron and the second being 50 micron. Large material stays atop the first and the kief stays atop the second, anything smaller than 50 falls through the screen leaving a relatively clean accumulation of large resin glands. This was in the april 2000 issue. My question still remains.

Ok, forgive me, Its a 2 screen setup. The first being 150 micron and the second being 50 micron. Large material stays atop the first and the kief stays atop the second, anything smaller than 50 falls through the screen leaving a relatively clean accumulation of large resin glands. This was in the april 2000 issue. My question still remains.

A quick Google turned this up... Ted Pella Inc. I don't know if it's of any use, but screen printing (silkscreen) material runs between 100 and 120 microns.

Sift screen (HUGE in industry) or screen print screens..

My set of bubble back, gave me 8 back, 4 of which never get used..

The most used bags in the bunch are the 35/55/75u (micron) screens.. 55 catching the most..

BUT, dry sift like Moroccan has a LOT of powdered plant in it.. I've made bubble so clean, you could actually SEE INTO IT.. (translucent)

Go bubble man, never look back..

THats the problem I was having, most companies list the sizes as mesh not microns. I did find a conversion chart last night though. Thanks for all the responses!

The link I posted for Ted Pella lists stainless steel screen measured in microns ;) (They do scientific equipment supply).

Archived