Dave Matthews Band

it's pretty well known that i am an old dead-head.......... when jerry died we got lost.

real lost.

at the time, "phish" was doing something fun and bouncy :) and it was easy to stick to.

they wore out and got tired just as fast as we did.

but back in 1993 i got a "blues traveler" bootleg tape and as a filler there were a couple songs called "satellite" and "recently".

didnt know the band name..... oh but i found out quickly :)

saw my first dave show in 1994. seen 36 since...... including the amazing deercreek, indiana set a couple months ago.

been a warehouse member since the beginning............ i had "lunch" with Dave, LeRoi, and Boyd.............. yeah.... liquid lunch.

yes.... LeRoi :( ........................ glass of white wine backstage at redrocks in '97. R.I.P. my big black uncle.

could never pick a favorite song, nor a favorite moment...... i swear on my grandmothers grave that my drunk butt came within 12 feet of being hit by their bus at a high rate of speed in

cleveland. 1999.

but here's a couple to start things :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjOZN4H965U

"some people do.... some people dont..... some people will...... some people wont... some people like to burn one down and some people wont"

SO MUCH LOVE FOR DMB

:)

This past Saturday night youtubes hosted 'Farm Aid', it was a live event broadcast from Milwaukee WI.

Willie Nelson, Neil Young, Dave Mathews Band and many more... it was about 5 hours long with commentators and mini documentaries.

Farm Aid has a youtubes channel... youtube/farmaid

Farm Aid website

The youtube channel has chopped the whole 5 hours into several smaller vids covering the bands and things done at this years 25th anniversary.

I only have had one problem with DMB, it's that while he was traveling through Chicago his bus driver hit the 'dump the waste tanks (toilet juice)' button and poured the toilet juice down on some tourists riding a boat on the Chicago river (EEEEEEWWWWW GROSS).

Other than that, DMB has good music to medicate to.

I only have had one problem with DMB, it's that while he was traveling through Chicago his bus driver hit the 'dump the waste tanks (toilet juice)' button and poured the toilet juice down on some tourists riding a boat on the Chicago river (EEEEEEWWWWW GROSS).

true.... gross... and in bad taste.... but its not as though they purposely dumped poop on people.

but after 10 years they just made effort to make amends :)

the chicago shows on the 17th and 18th were for the city for sure. the band was very happy at the welcome they received after almost 10 years of being gone.

wrigley field 3 weeks ago was epic.

You got me thinking about the first time I saw Blues Traveler, and the first time I heard them. They opened for the Stones on the Bridges to Babylon tour, they rocked both shows I saw in Chicago. The Thursday night show was a cool evening outside and the Stones really looked their age on stage, Keith seemed to have more life that Mick... that changed when things warmed up Saturday, they all looked like kids again.... Truly 2 great concerts.

You got me thinking about the first time I saw Blues Traveler, and the first time I heard them. They opened for the Stones on the Bridges to Babylon tour, they rocked both shows I saw in Chicago. The Thursday night show was a cool evening outside and the Stones really looked their age on stage, Keith seemed to have more life that Mick... that changed when things warmed up Saturday, they all looked like kids again.... Truly 2 great concerts.

oh wow....

you are talking early right???

i kinda lost blues traveler after john left to go get skinny, but i dont remember anything recent with the stones.

are you talking early??

oh wow....

you are talking early right???

i kinda lost blues traveler after john left to go get skinny, but i dont remember anything recent with the stones.

are you talking early??

Yeah it was early BT... ugh the only thing I can offer to date it was it was the same year Princess Di got offed. I remember that because we met a couple of British foreign exchange students at the concert :D

for real here.

if i have helped you in any way shape or form, would you PLEASE take 4:20 (4 mins. and 20 secs) in my world?

just watch:

I made it through about 42 seconds. Hey, I tried!

Once I ran sound for Tim Reynolds with his band TR3. I had no idea who he was before that night. He actually was a pretty rockin' guitarist. It seems like he was "getting his aggressions out" because the music sounded nothing like Dave Matthews. I was wondering who the hell all these people were that came out of the woodwork for the show. I guess they were DMB heads. Most of them left long before the dude was done rockin'. In fact he was still tearing it up when the bar was ready to close and there were only a few people left.

Archived