Need Advice

I'm currently in a coop grow with my caregiver. I am in the process of signing a patient also. Since I am not able to grow in my location we are growing in a home owned by one of his family members.

We moved the equipment in after the tenants moved out. We agreed splitin the rent and lights 50/50 since he house will be empty and just the plants growing in it.

Now my caregiver has decided to move into the house now. So I feel now that I shouldn't be splitting the rent 50/50 since the house will be his residence. I understand maybe paying a small portion of the ten may. Since my equipment and plants will be there but I wouldn't expect him to pay Half my rent if the situation was reversed. Any input here guys?

I have ran all of this by a lawyer also to make sure I stay within the boundaries of the law with this coop situation.

Any input is appreciated

This caregiver is a good friend ?

The rent would not be my biggest worry. Is he going to be having friends & family over now ?

But yes he should pay any increase in utilities & you think he would cut you a little slack.

If it is only him & he is the loaner type ( he'll be there by him self) then now you'll have security on the premises.

tough call. comes down to the character of your caregiver friend.

, Having some one there is better than not imo. Looks less fishy to the neighbors etc.. + improves security.

As long as you can still come & go as u please & use half the house as u see fit, then why not let it slide for awhile & see what happens.

You think he would offer to pay a little more but is it worth saying anything about ? Hate to mess up a good thing.

Hi.

You say your friend doesnt plan on having anyone over, but i would assume there was a chance that he still MAY have someone over. Since he is a good friend, IMO, you should come to an agreement with him so that he doesn't think its "cool" to show your grow to others. Have a good day.

No one knows about the grow except for us and the homeowner. Not worried about him showing it off at all we are dead set against people over there.

But I don't have access whenever I want. He has the key. He claimed that I was gonna get a key when no one was gonna be staying there but that was about a month ago and no key yet. But we have similar work schedules so that hasn't been a problem. He's bought more of the nutes but I've aquirred the majority of the genetics.

The thing is I don't need access to the whole house, I have a primary residence, and IMO him living at the grow spot changes my view on the breakdown of the bills

These # are just examples.

$1000/mo rent on 1200 sq ft. house.

If your grow area is 120 sq feet or 10% of the total area.

Your rent for that space in this instance should be 10% or $100

+ your portion of elec, nutes & water

Should help in figuring out taxes too.

sounds like u 2 need to have another sit down and discuss this.IMO I would not pay half if he is going to live there. hash this point before you move anything into this situation. protect yourself first and foremost. BE SAFE.

I gotta agree, you two need to sit down and discuss this. There is the question of you getting access (a key), and that of the increased utility usage on his part due to residency.

You have to have a key. You have to have access to your grow 24/7.

need it in writing that you are co-renter if it is not already.

Or he's not legal & your not protected.

It would be nice if friendship was forever but it's not always the case. Money & other green things can cloud judgment.

You wouldn't be asking if u were sure would you ? Already feeling something funny?

Thanks guys. I'd pull out before the friendship is ruined, but we all know how effective pulling out is. We have seen 2 different sets of mutual friendships end by them going into business together. My goal with this is to be able to offer meds to patients to help make $400+ oz's a thing of the past.

Archived