Detoxing Off Paxil....this Is Insane....!

Went through the same type of withdrawal from Lexpro. Doctors NEVER tell you about what happens at the end of a drug therapy. All of the bigots talk about the dangers of mj. I have never experienced or heard of anyone suffering from any kind of withdrawl from mj, have you?

No because mj is not addictive.

Getting off Paxil is a terrible experience. I really feel your pain, since I too have been trying unsuccessfully to rid myself of Paxil. After the 2nd day of being off of the Paxil it feels like I was hit in the head with a 2X4.

Doctors never tell you bunny muffin about this when they tell you stop taking a medication like Paxil. Instead they just find another drug like Paxil to take and shrug their shoulders when you tell them you have been having problems. Better yet some doctors give you the "which is worse, the depression or the side effects." These doctors really need to start educating themselves on the benefits of cannabis.

^^^they need to educate themselves on many things....I hate how when it comes to certain aliments doctors seem to prescribe a medication and it kind of feels like they are guessing to see if it works. and if you are trying to get off of paxil it is not a one week process, you cannot just stop taking it. You need to keep halfing your dose a week at a time until you are under 5mg and you should continue that for 2 weeks after that...it took me 6 weeks of feeling like hell to kick it....

I would rather take the mood swings and sudden and infrequent bouts of depression and anxiety than feel like this....the other side of the coin is that while on the medicine you do feel great, a little too great, nothing seems to matter..I can say it feels like you are a bit zombie like, besides that and the not being able to fall asleep or stay asleep and the weight gain (for me at least) I am not entirely sure my symptoms were not better to deal with than the medication was...

all these companies making drugs to deal with problems, and the side effects are just as bad as the problem, thats not medicine thats robbing peter to pay paul...

^^^they need to educate themselves on many things....I hate how when it comes to certain aliments doctors seem to prescribe a medication and it kind of feels like they are guessing to see if it works. and if you are trying to get off of paxil it is not a one week process, you cannot just stop taking it. You need to keep halfing your dose a week at a time until you are under 5mg and you should continue that for 2 weeks after that...it took me 6 weeks of feeling like hell to kick it....

I would rather take the mood swings and sudden and infrequent bouts of depression and anxiety than feel like this....the other side of the coin is that while on the medicine you do feel great, a little too great, nothing seems to matter..I can say it feels like you are a bit zombie like, besides that and the not being able to fall asleep or stay asleep and the weight gain (for me at least) I am not entirely sure my symptoms were not better to deal with than the medication was...

all these companies making drugs to deal with problems, and the side effects are just as bad as the problem, thats not medicine thats robbing peter to pay paul...

Thanks for the advice on tapering off of Paxil. Hopefully the titration will help me slowly detox off of it.

Just wanted to let everyone here know that people who say MMJ is not helpful in any medical way should come see me. With out my medicine I am sure I would have gone crazy by now. I am currently on the last stages of detoxing from paxil, an anti depressant/anti anxiety medication that was prescribed to me nearly 2 years ago, and coming off of it has been hell!!

Migraines, sleeplessness, what the paxil community refers to as "brain zaps" (feels like a jolt to your head that leaves you very hazy), nausea, etc.. you name it and I have had. I was watching one of those detox shows and these people on heavy drugs were going through the same symptoms, if I knew any of this prior to starting to take it I would have never started.

but once my card cleared I found there was something much simpler :goodjob: , it seems to help both the withdrawal symptoms and my depression/anxiety......

just wanted to share my experience...thanks for listening...

Thank you for sharing, Im realy happy that you found the right mm to help releive your anxiety and detox.

When I came off xanax after 10 to12 yrs of taking it, i almost died, woke up in icu and havent taken any pain or anxiety meds since, only mm!

been over a yr now!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Since leaving the USMC, I have suffered from PTSD(Severe). The use of MMJ reduces my symptoms to the point that I can sleep 5 to 6 hours, up 30%. Anxiety down 50%. Vivid dreams down 60%. Hypervigilance down 0%(What do you expect, I'm a former Marine) :rolleyes: Science needs to quickly look at the applications for all types of mental illnesses. Thank you for sharing! BB

BB Thank You for Your service!

Man some of those narcotics they had me on realy made me have some freaky dreams, Im glad them days are gone.

Peace

Jim

Since leaving the USMC, I have suffered from PTSD(Severe). The use of MMJ reduces my symptoms to the point that I can sleep 5 to 6 hours, up 30%. Anxiety down 50%. Vivid dreams down 60%. Hypervigilance down 0%(What do you expect, I'm a former Marine) :rolleyes: Science needs to quickly look at the applications for all types of mental illnesses. Thank you for sharing! BB

First off thanks for serving this great country of ours! It doesn't go unappreciated by me.

You mentioned that cannabis helps PTSD. I had a client once that was a former POW and he swore by cannabis to help him sleep and more importantly stop him from having nightmares. He had tried all sorts of different psychotropic meds like Paxil, Seroquel, etc. and found that cannabis was the only one that would help him. I felt terrible for him because at the time I knew him we didn't have a medical marijuana law in place. He ended up going before the court for a drunk driving case and the judge ordered him to not use any illegal drugs, including marijuana. Much like you have, I hope he has found some relief now that he's allowed to medicate legally!

Doctors need to take the fact that psychotropic drugs cause major side effects. They need to start looking at the positive benefits of cannabis for treatment of PTSD, anxiety, and other disorders. I would really like to see VA doctors start to take a serious look at the use of cannabis for anxiety and PTSD, especially with all the individuals they see with these conditions. At the very least to help our returning soldiers find some relief!

If anyone is interested in getting off of medications, they should try to do so with the blessing and guidance of their physician. MMJ can help many people with many things. But, it is not wise to get off of Big Pharma's teet without some professional advice. Most physicians will tell anyone that wants to get off of Anti-Depressants, or anti-convulsants, or Anti-Anxiety meds that they should "titrate", or ween off of them gradually. Most of these medications stay in your system for at least two weeks after getting off of them. But, cutting your dosage from "all" to "none" is typically not advised.

Just sayin.

(So everyone knows, i AM all for getting off of chemical meds like the above. I cheer on anyone that can do it with success, AND maintain or increase quality of life - with or without cannabis. But, mood altering meds can be very dangerous to get away from if not done properly.)

• 1 month later...

Wow, Blueberry, I am learning more all the time.

God bless you and your service. :goodjob: :goodjob:

It really is incredible how doctors hand out these Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors like candy. These drugs are NOT benign and have serious, long-term side effects, addiction, and all the rest. I don't think there are any preschool teachers who are not on some type of anti-depressant.

But if they test positive for marijuana the bullschuette hits the fan- why they take care of kids, we can't have that. :growl:

Maybe we need another referendum petition drive on the question of adding depression, PTSD and mood disorders to the qualifying condition list? It just may be faster than relying on the inept MDCH to do it's job.

Bb, Been there myself... but now you can pour me like a cool drink of water, baby.

Stay easy with it my man.

Archived