Denied Renewal For Lack Of Fee But They Cashed My Check...

Guest d00g

I went through the process of renewing my registry early but was denied because (they say) i didn't pay my fee. I thought that I may have spaced sending the check so I sent another. I received another denial today saying the same thing yet now I have copies of BOTH checks that THEY CASHED. My renewal time is about up after 2 months of this crapola. The health dept does not answer calls nor emails. Is it possible that if I go to Lansing with documentation that they will see me?

Any assist will be appreciated, thanks!

They cash everyone's check, even if you're denied. If you had proof you sent 1st the check, that would've been good. First you should've bee monitoring your bank account for the check. If you keep a record of all the checks you write, you'd know you wrote it, then you find out when it was cashed. Now they cashed both checks, they shouldn't have done that. This is why good record keeping is so important.

Sb

my bad. regardless, i have proof of both checks, my renewal period is about up and i want my card. Do you know if the health dept accepts walk ins?

thx!

one of the other members here, told me he sent in a check and there were some issues, not sure what,sorry forgot ,,, but he said he called and left messages, and emails every day for a week and someone finally got back with him, after a run around they fixed the issue and he got his card a few weeks later. HOpe that helps a little, I think I would hammer them with emails and phone calls. they get sick of you and call back. LOL

I know its easy for me to say, but just pay the 100 bucks im gonna this time, if you only paid 25!

My girl just got legal and we just paid the 100 bucks, didnt feel like taking the chance,

Im on disability and on medicare and medicaid, when i first applied i only paid 25 bucks to the state, when i renew, im sending in the 100!

and no I cant afford it, but i cant afford not to either!

I couldnt imagine not being legal!

I have spoken to mellissa who is in charge of the mm program, on the phone and by email, she answered me everytime. very nice person and she was a great help to me!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Do you know if the health dept accepts walk ins?

Yes, the Registry Office allows walk-in service but on a very limited basis. You enter the lobby at 611 W. Ottawa Street in Lansing and go to the Security Desk. Tell the guard you want to see someone from the Registry and a person comes out of their locked office to the Security Desk. They are very busy folks (handling now 500 apps a day!) and don't have time for more than answering simple questions so keep it basic, be polite, and be patient about getting a response. Often you ask your question then depart, with the Registry providing answers usually by mail (often certified mail). I go there daily dropping off new and renewal applications. Contact me directly at Rich@GreenCrossMI.com if you want help or more info.

I spoke to Melissa, from the registry office today. She was very nice, professional and very helpful. I will not have to go to Lansing after all. The error, so it seems, was via accounting which is understandable considering their work load processing so many apps/renewals. I admit, I was aggravated by the situation. It was good to get a response and the experience gave me insight into how hard they are working to assist patients/caregivers. I offer my apologies for venting as I did and appreciate the helpful input by all. For anyone else who may have issues with the registry- keep records, renew early and chill, they are on our side.

Thanks for your help!!

Archived