What System Will Work Best For Me?

420Atheist

I can grow up to 24 plants but I don't have that need so I am plaining a 12 plant perpetual grow from here on out.

I built a stinkbudies system and it works just fine with one exception. It plants are at different levels the light has to be adjusted to the highest plant. Now I see the benefit of hempy buckets as you can adjust the height of individual plants. I also believe you can do that with DWC? I think I want to stay away from dirt.

One other thing I like about hempy buckets is not having to dump the reservoir to change nuts.

My issue with hempy buckets is the need to add water every 2 or 3 days. I can be out of town for a week or so and have no one who can keep things going. I'm not really too worried about the cost of a system (with in reason.) Any suggestions?

In the stinkbudies system the little two inch net pots are not held down or anything. When I try to bend them the pots want to move out of their place. I guess I could tie the stem upright so it does not move the pot then bend more at the top. The stinkbudies system just seems like more of a pain than it needs to be. There is also a problem with root control in the stinkbuies. Because the roots tangle together it makes it harder to have a perpetual harvest where plants are being added and removed.

In the stinkbudies system the little two inch net pots are not held down or anything. When I try to bend them the pots want to move out of their place. I guess I could tie the stem upright so it does not move the pot then bend more at the top. The stinkbudies system just seems like more of a pain than it needs to be. There is also a problem with root control in the stinkbuies. Because the roots tangle together it makes it harder to have a perpetual harvest where plants are being added and removed.

I have put a trellis at the top of mine to keep the plants in place. It is easier than tying off on a single piece of PVC. As far as height and perpetual, I found it a lot easier to grow the same strain per flower system and to use multiple flower units for the perpetual. You can run just two or four plants per unit. Also, if you haven't checked the site out lately, Stinkbuddy has a single plant system. Basically, a five gallon bucket set down through the lid of a tote.

Archived