Flowering/sexing Question

Tommy217xxx

Hey everyone, I scanned the forum to see if this question had been asked or not and I didn't see it, so if its already been asked then I apologize now.

My question is, Should I cut some of the bigger fan leaves off to let the lower branches get light or just leave them? I just started flowering my plants and it looks like the lower branches aren't getting enough light.

I also have a question about sexing. I started with 2 bag seeds at first and I just started flowering those as well. One of the plants has the 2 little hairs growing at the nodes but one of them doesn't yet. Its only been 4 days but the plant with the little hairs has had the hairs for at least a month.

Are the little hairs preflowers? Had long does it take for a plant to show sex? I can kinda see a little green lump starting on the plant with no little hairs. The plant that has no little hair has never had any. Is this a sign that its a male?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hey everyone, I scanned the forum to see if this question had been asked or not and I didn't see it, so if its already been asked then I apologize now.

My question is, Should I cut some of the bigger fan leaves off to let the lower branches get light or just leave them? I just started flowering my plants and it looks like the lower branches aren't getting enough light.

I also have a question about sexing. I started with 2 bag seeds at first and I just started flowering those as well. One of the plants has the 2 little hairs growing at the nodes but one of them doesn't yet. Its only been 4 days but the plant with the little hairs has had the hairs for at least a month.

Are the little hairs preflowers? Had long does it take for a plant to show sex? I can kinda see a little green lump starting on the plant with no little hairs. The plant that has no little hair has never had any. Is this a sign that its a male?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I would leave the fan leaves on until they begin to yellow/die off on for ya (Their kind of like large solar panels collecting energy for the plant including the flower). Some strains will prefer light entering in to the lower depths of the plant (since ya got bag seed, see what happens).

Regarding sexing--- I think your on to something.

Take some picture and post them if your still unsure.

What will happen if their male you will begin to see what looks like a bunch of little green grapes (Them ain't flowers). If you think you have something special(or just for the learning experience)collect some of that "bag weed" pollen and pollinate a small area with a small paint brush and mark off the area. Make sure you separate that male before it release any of those pollen sacs or else you will have many seeds. I usually cut off the branches right before or immediately when you see the first sacs open then separate branches and put into a container of water in a SEPARATE/ROOM LOCATION.--- I thought I add that if you like to try the whole pollination process... I enjoy it!

Best to ya, :skydive:

Sometimes ya get lucky with "bag seed"! :rock:

Yeah I'm not really sure on the strain. It could be sour diesel, skywalker or a cheese strain. Its a tall, slender plant with long finger like fan leaves. I'm thinking its sativa dominate so I hope its SD. I only keep seeds from the kind of stuff you shouldn't/better not be findin seeds in. I know it was from a good quality bag so I'm gonna tryin it out when its ready and hope its good stuff. You never know, there may be a Tommy217 strain/clone going around soon. LOL!!

Archived