Question On Our Law

old-hobo

under sec.4(h) having to do with licit property,if I grew out in my shed not in the house, under this sub title ,do i have to grow also in the house in order to protect it from forfeiture. food for thought...................

not that easy of a Answer so far that i know no one has ever got any thing back after a Raid but we did get are money back no plants or Meds Yet we are working on that and have to finish all the courts still the Lawyer said maybe 8 months or 2 years to go

under sec.4(h) having to do with licit property,if I grew out in my shed not in the house, under this sub title ,do i have to grow also in the house in order to protect it from forteiture. food for thought...................

If the feds go after you they go after the entire property, regardless of whether it was indoors or outdoors, our law cannot stop federal actions.

That being said, our state, county, and local governments are bound by the law, and you are protected from any forfeiture of property as long as you are within the limits of the act, growing in a (secured) shed or in the house will not have an effect on that. As far as your worries about "licit property", they mean anything that is legal for the person to possess, and yes you would be protected.

"licit property that is possessed, owned, or used in connection with the medical use of marihuana,"

Some places are fighting tooth and nail to hold on to stuff seized, but are slowly coming around... As I noted it also depends on who conducts the raid and seizures... fed or state.

under sec.4(h) having to do with licit property,if I grew out in my shed not in the house, under this sub title ,do i have to grow also in the house in order to protect it from forteiture. food for thought...................

No .. When "they" take your stuff, it is because the stuff is related to the illegal activity.

"They" could take your house claiming that the house came from the proceeds of illegal activity. Since the activity is no longer an illegal activity, there is no ill gotten gains to pay for the house to begin with.

This should have been the logical conclusion to begin with. However the writers of this law realized just how stubborn authorities can be. So they took the time to spell it out clearly.

Even with it being spelled out clearly, authorities are still taking our "stuff."

1. It is no longer fruit of ill gotten gains. The grounds for taking "stuff" is gone.

2. The supremacy clause (end of section 7) nullifies anything that used to allow them to take our "stuff."

3. Our new law strictly forbids them from taking our "stuff."

When they take our stuff, without the legal ability to do so, it is called armed robbery.

With or without a badge.

Food for thought.

This story is just starting to gain momentum. This guy was charged wit a local health department code violation (Arrestable misdemeanor) and all of his and his patients meds were confiscated 9/20/10. It seems as though the leo up here love doing things their own way regardless of what the law says! (Seems to be a growing fact of life...no pun intended!) When will it end? Shalom

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/24477-charlevoix-county-cargiverpatient-grow-operation-busted/

Archived