Cannabis Massage Questions

I'm a Certified Massage Therapist in East Lansing, I would like to start offering "Cannabis Massage" to clients that have their MMC.

I have a few questions about this massage modality...please bear with me since I"m going to list in the order as they pop into my ADHD brain...

1) Do you perform the massage 100% of the time using the Cannabis Massage Oil or do you use 'regular' massage oil, lotions or creams as well.

2) How do you know how strong the oil is...how much THC is infused in the oil...it would seem to me that every 'batch' of oil is going to be 'close' but different.

3) What type of oil do you use as a base oil?

4) Smell...I'm thinking that Cannabis Massage Oil is going to well, in a word...stink...what do you use to cut out the Cannabis smell?

5) How medicated is a client going to be when they leave my office? Should they have a person drive them home...just in case?

Thanks for your help and insight....

Mike

Sacred Elements MT

East Lansing, MI

sacredelementsmassage@hotmail.com

hey

i dont think i would use it all over as it would be a waste of fine oil... use it for the problem areas on the body as you should be asking them there issue even before you start... use your normal oils like you use now... as far as smell there is some but its not all bad as you can add scents to it like you do with your other oils... as far as controlling it for how strong it is as you start making it you will find different strains will make it stronger as well as not so... if you stay with the same strains then your should be the same output if you make it the same way every time... as far as for whats in it like your own mixture that you put together its your secret blend would you want others to make yours and use it... you have a step up on most as you know what works for you and you clients now most of us dont have people to try it on so we make it to our usability... good luck and read the forums theres lots of way and hows to make this....

abbe

Topical are wonderful. They are my everyday choice. I have lotions, oils, ointments and rubs that serve me well.

Try infusing sesame seed oil with some bud. Over the long term, open sesame seed oil should be refrigerated. Heat up a bit before using on your clients. Better yet, have them bring in their own infused oil.

It’s not about getting high, it’s about treating what ails you. Besides, you would get high from topical placements.

It occurs to me that if you gave a few massages in a row using infused oil, you would be in no condition to give another, unless you wore gloves. Who would want a massage given with gloves?

I was kind of worried about that as well...but, I don't think the demand will be that high (no pun intended) and I'd do no more that 2 back to back. My max per day is only 4 ppl....anymore than that and the last client isn't getting any deep tissue work since my hands will be shot by then. As to the gloves thing... I'd have to have gloves that went past my elbows, since I use my elbows and forearms when I'm doing deep tissue work.

What is DMSO?

DMSO is a transdermal. One of the primary functions of the skin is to keep things out. A transdermal can penetrate the skin and bring thing dissolved in it along. This is how the various patches deliver drugs to the body.

I am far from being an expert on any of the above. I was hoping that somebody on this forum would illuminate me.

Thanks for the link. Interesting info contained within. After reading this, I would doubt that many most Massage Therapists uses a DMSO solution. From what I read, it is suggested that those using the solution wear thick rubber gloves.

If I went for a massage and the therapist was wearing thick rubber gloves, it would be my backside being massaged. I would be hauling the heck out of there.

Archived