Wyoming Bans Medical Marijuana

Wyoming Mi bands medical marijuana. Any worries of home raids for patients? Is the law going to use our medical card to hunt us down?

WHAT ARE THEY UP TOO.

bands? what kind of bands?

# Bands are a form of formal neckwear, worn by some clergy and lawyers, and with some forms of academic dress. They take the form of two oblong pieces of cloth, usually though not invariably white, which are tied to the neck. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bands_(neckwear)

# Bande (Italian for "Bands") was in Italian military terminology the name used to designate irregular forces, composed normally of foreigners or colonial natives, with some Italian officers and NCOs in command. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bands_(Italian_Army_irregulars)

# band - set: an unofficial association of people or groups; "the smart set goes there"; "they were an angry lot"

# band - instrumentalists not including string players

# band - a stripe or stripes of contrasting color; "chromosomes exhibit characteristic bands"; "the black and yellow banding of bees and wasps"

# band - an adornment consisting of a strip of a contrasting color or material

# dance band: a group of musicians playing popular music for dancing

# band - a range of frequencies between two limits

# band - a thin flat strip of flexible material that is worn around the body or one of the limbs (especially to decorate the body)

# band - isthmus: a cord-like tissue connecting two larger parts of an anatomical structure

# band - ring: jewelry consisting of a circlet of precious metal (often set with jewels) worn on the finger; "she had rings on every finger"; "he noted that she wore a wedding band"

# band - a driving belt in machinery

# band - bind or tie together, as with a band

# band - a strip of material attached to the leg of a bird to identify it (as in studies of bird migration)

# band - ring: attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify; "ring birds"; "band the geese to observe their migratory patterns"

All kidding aside State Law supersedes any City or County government and law enforcement, so the protections of the law still exist even if a local municipality attempts to ban use of medicinal marijuana. You shouldn't be growing in the current legal environment if you're not prepared to be raided and don't have an extra $10,000 or so saved up to defend yourself and go after whatever agency that you're raided by. Even then there's still a chance of getting raided by the DEA, and federally medical marijuana is still illegal, and you can still be convicted of a federal offense for growing even if you're following all the state laws.

Wyoming City Council in a unanimous vote Monday enacted a ban on medical marijuana, joining several municipalities on the east side of Michigan.

“I’m not going to stop doing what I’m doing,” Richards said. “As far as I’m concerned, the state granted me this right.”

Like many communities, Wyoming hasbeen exploring regulations to govern the use of medical marijuana that Michigan voters approved in 2008. City voters passed the proposal in 27 of 28 precincts.

Wyoming Planning Commission last month was gridlocked in 4-4 votes on whether to recommend regulations or a ban. The city attorney advised against prohibition, saying it likely would prompt a lawsuit.

But elected officials on the self-described “conservative council” said allowing marijuana to be dispensed outside the pharmaceutical system could pose public-safety hazards. They passed an ordinance outlawing medical marijuana locally because it’s against federal law.

“There’s a right way to do it. The state of Michigan did this the wrong way,” said Mayor Jack Poll, a pharmacist. “There’s rights and there’s wrongs and there’s ways that we feel in our heart on how we need to vote.

“My fear is what (medical marijuana) can do to our neighborhoods.”

Medical marijuana advocates urged officials to respect the 2008 vote, claiming that a ban steals people’s right to grow the plants and forces them instead to buy the product on the street. Pushing the drug back underground will remove legal competition among caregivers and endanger the health of people who use marijuana to relieve pain caused by various medical conditions, they said.

“What you’re going to end up with is criminals running the show,” said Todd Dyer, a medical marijuana caregiver and executive director of the West Michigan Compassion Club. “It’s time to grow up and realize this is a medicinal plant.

“I don’t trust a drug company. I trust Mother Earth. I trust nature.”

Richards said he will fight to have Wyoming’s ban rescinded.

“It’s a matter of making the city do what’s right,” he said. “They can’t legislate values on the municipal level. They’re espousing their own values through their decision-making whether they admit it or not.

“The fundamental basis is they don’t recognize it as a medicine.”

From what I have read it has to go before the city 2 more times once on DEC 1st then again 15 days later.

We need help over here I am joining the local cc just found out from them.

Wyoming City Council in a unanimous vote Monday enacted a ban on medical marijuana, joining several municipalities on the east side of Michigan.

“I’m not going to stop doing what I’m doing,” Richards said. “As far as I’m concerned, the state granted me this right.”

Like many communities, Wyoming hasbeen exploring regulations to govern the use of medical marijuana that Michigan voters approved in 2008. City voters passed the proposal in 27 of 28 precincts.

Wyoming Planning Commission last month was gridlocked in 4-4 votes on whether to recommend regulations or a ban. The city attorney advised against prohibition, saying it likely would prompt a lawsuit.

But elected officials on the self-described “conservative council” said allowing marijuana to be dispensed outside the pharmaceutical system could pose public-safety hazards. They passed an ordinance outlawing medical marijuana locally because it’s against federal law.

“There’s a right way to do it. The state of Michigan did this the wrong way,” said Mayor Jack Poll, a pharmacist. “There’s rights and there’s wrongs and there’s ways that we feel in our heart on how we need to vote.

“My fear is what (medical marijuana) can do to our neighborhoods.”

Medical marijuana advocates urged officials to respect the 2008 vote, claiming that a ban steals people’s right to grow the plants and forces them instead to buy the product on the street. Pushing the drug back underground will remove legal competition among caregivers and endanger the health of people who use marijuana to relieve pain caused by various medical conditions, they said.

“What you’re going to end up with is criminals running the show,” said Todd Dyer, a medical marijuana caregiver and executive director of the West Michigan Compassion Club. “It’s time to grow up and realize this is a medicinal plant.

“I don’t trust a drug company. I trust Mother Earth. I trust nature.”

Richards said he will fight to have Wyoming’s ban rescinded.

“It’s a matter of making the city do what’s right,” he said. “They can’t legislate values on the municipal level. They’re espousing their own values through their decision-making whether they admit it or not.

“The fundamental basis is they don’t recognize it as a medicine.”

From what I have read it has to go before the city 2 more times once on DEC 1st then again 15 days later.

We need help over here I am joining the local cc just found out from them.

Hmm, so if Wyoming can ban medical marijuana doesn't that mean other municipalities can allow :goodjob: :goodjob: medical marijuana and regulate dispensaries, co-ops, the whole nine yards! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Thanks Wyoming. BTW: There is absolutely nothing conservative about this so called counsel. Pathetic. Closed minded. Ignorant. Those are words that come to mind.

Well mayor poll is a pharmacist pimp for the pharma companies. And he said this was to try and keep our city safe. Well I have been fighting for the last 3 years to get them to disallow the state to house released sex offenders in the grand rapids inn hotel. These people have been released from prison and have thier long term address as a hotel paid for by our state. Last check there were 43 of them.

Archived