Questions About Dispensaries

i live in a little town in northern michigan and i would like to start a dispensary. how do i go about doing this. can someone please point me in a direction to get this going. i would have a few different strains and some hash and edibles. i am a patient and i have a caregiver who is a family member who is also a patient. what do i have to do. i think a have a place to do it out of and the supply to keep it going. plz help me.. thanx

I did some research for you.

The first things you'll need to do is preliminary work. Speak with dispensary owners about how they run their business. Could be by phone probably better in person. Also, realize that you will risk being raided by local and fed police should you start up. The laws on dispensaries are VERY cloudy in Michigan so I'd save the majority of profits for legal battles you will no doubt incur.

Than, taken from another site, these will be your critical goals

Staff: You will need to hire sales clerks who are familiar with marijuana regulations, as well as security staff to protect the shop and the safety of patients coming and going. Be aware that some shops experience problems with customers being robbed upon leaving the store with their weed.

Patient education: You should provide adequate signage about appropriate conduct, and be sure that patients are aware that they should not use any of your product until they are in a safe and legal location.

Advertisement: You will need to bring in clientele, which may require advertising in weekly newspapers, the Internet and/or other outlets.

Pricing: You will need to stay competitive while still making a suitable profit to keep your store going.

Shop layout: You will likely need a waiting area, as well as an inner room where you will display your wares. Patients will need to check in at the waiting area, where they will present their eligibility to purchase pot along with their photo identification.

Hope that helps out a little. :thumbsu:

I did some research for you.

The first things you'll need to do is preliminary work. Speak with dispensary owners about how they run their business. Could be by phone probably better in person. Also, realize that you will risk being raided by local and fed police should you start up. The laws on dispensaries are VERY cloudy in Michigan so I'd save the majority of profits for legal battles you will no doubt incur.

Than, taken from another site, these will be your critical goals

Staff: You will need to hire sales clerks who are familiar with marijuana regulations, as well as security staff to protect the shop and the safety of patients coming and going. Be aware that some shops experience problems with customers being robbed upon leaving the store with their weed.

Patient education: You should provide adequate signage about appropriate conduct, and be sure that patients are aware that they should not use any of your product until they are in a safe and legal location.

Advertisement: You will need to bring in clientele, which may require advertising in weekly newspapers, the Internet and/or other outlets.

Pricing: You will need to stay competitive while still making a suitable profit to keep your store going.

Shop layout: You will likely need a waiting area, as well as an inner room where you will display your wares. Patients will need to check in at the waiting area, where they will present their eligibility to purchase pot along with their photo identification.

Hope that helps out a little. :thumbsu:

hey my land is considered commercial, Can I just put up a farmers stand like every one else around here selling what their growing, corn. tomatoes,etc, I only want nice budds in my stand! Kinda like a lemonaid stand eh! better yet ill even have lemonaid for cottonmouth!

Peace

FTW

Jim

hey my land is considered commercial, Can I just put up a farmers stand like every one else around here selling what their growing, corn. tomatoes,etc, I only want nice budds in my stand! Kinda like a lemonaid stand eh! better yet ill even have lemonaid for cottonmouth!

Peace

FTW

Jim

lol Im not sure if ur serious but no. I would personally love that. But weed has to be sold inside of a facility which is locked and I believe one has to track their sales and write it off on taxes.

So the stand wouldn't cut it.

Archived