Thank - You Everyone

djkazoo

I just want to write a quick note to say thank you for this site. After my oncologist gave me the green light, and directed me to this site, I have found everything I needed. I've been treated with kindness and respect, thank you. I'm so glad my doctor sent me to this site.

• 2 weeks later...

Im happy you are finding what you need here. Welcome!

Im also very happy that there are dr.s directing patients to this site!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I had wanted to talk to my doctor about mmj as soon as she became my doctor January 2010, but I was nervous. I unwittingly thought I would have to justify and defend my use to her. She asked me one appointment, during the middle of my radiation routine - around week 3 of 5, what I was doing to get through all this without begging for pain meds to knock me out. She knew that radiation to my abdominal area was going to be hard on me. I told her I was doing what I did before to get through chemotherapy. She immediately picked up on that and asked if I would be interested in her completing the paperwork to get me legal. I smiled and pulled out my own paperwork for her to sign, which she did right there. Then she called the social worker. Made me a bit nervious thinking I was going to get some sort of lecture. NOPE, the social worker and doctor both talked with me about the Michigan Medical Marijuana webiste and encouraged me to join and even gave me a guy's name to contact if I needed a caregiver! So it wasn't just the doctor, but the social worker there that were well informed and willing to help a cancer patient receive the best to make life easier. I am so thankful!

I've not been a member long, or a legal patient long either. However, every time I have come here with questions, I get answers. I've been treated with respect and will encourage any patient or caregiver I encounter to check this site out. I've learned a lot in a very short amount of time. In fact, I'm even excited about trying a little something on my own, in good time of course.

Stonger numbers here, stronger answers here! I am so thankful for this site and the people I've encountered. Thank you.

I had wanted to talk to my doctor about mmj as soon as she became my doctor January 2010, but I was nervous. I unwittingly thought I would have to justify and defend my use to her. She asked me one appointment, during the middle of my radiation routine - around week 3 of 5, what I was doing to get through all this without begging for pain meds to knock me out. She knew that radiation to my abdominal area was going to be hard on me. I told her I was doing what I did before to get through chemotherapy. She immediately picked up on that and asked if I would be interested in her completing the paperwork to get me legal. I smiled and pulled out my own paperwork for her to sign, which she did right there. Then she called the social worker. Made me a bit nervious thinking I was going to get some sort of lecture. NOPE, the social worker and doctor both talked with me about the Michigan Medical Marijuana webiste and encouraged me to join and even gave me a guy's name to contact if I needed a caregiver! So it wasn't just the doctor, but the social worker there that were well informed and willing to help a cancer patient receive the best to make life easier. I am so thankful!

I've not been a member long, or a legal patient long either. However, every time I have come here with questions, I get answers. I've been treated with respect and will encourage any patient or caregiver I encounter to check this site out. I've learned a lot in a very short amount of time. In fact, I'm even excited about trying a little something on my own, in good time of course.

Stonger numbers here, stronger answers here! I am so thankful for this site and the people I've encountered. Thank you.

That is terrific news! Thanks for sharing! I got into a lil trouble 2 yrs ago, driving w/o a liscense, I had to go to impact weekend, I was still on my narcotics, so i had to tell the conselors thier what i had, imeciatle he took me away from most and said he would tell me how to get a mm card that i needed to get off of all the meds!!

he turned me on to this site, and at first I couldnt figure out how to get certified, my dr's would have nothing to do with it, so i wrote him, he told me to keep on this site and just make some friends, and I will find a dr., so I did, and I did!!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived