Weight Questions For A Potential Newb

Broken

Whatsup guys and gals? I'm new to this whole situation, so I have some questions that I personally need to get answered before i can seriously start being a medical marijuana caregiver/ card holder. I've already spent hours reading about people's opinions about what the law says and sometimes... they seem to have a lot looser perception of what they are reading then what I do.

I don't think that I've read the whole law just what's been posted up here on the forums.

My questions are.

1. If I were a caregiver to 1 other patient who happened to be living in my house, and I were a patient myself, would I be able to have 5 ounces dried and cured in my grow room and 5 ounces in the house labeled for myself and the other patient separately?

2. If I have more then 2.5 ounces for myself and the other patient hanging to dry is that illegal?

3.When do they consider a plant ready to be smoked? after it dries or after it cures?

4. If after it dries it comes out to be more then 2.5 ounces per patient can i then make it into hash which ways a lot less?

5. Where in the law does it say that i can give my services to a club or another medical card holder? I've only read the part where it clearly says that i am only allowed to grow for the people on the card.

thanks in advance? just haven't heard any real clear answers to these basic questions that we should all know.

I'm new to this whole situation, so I have some questions that I personally need to get answered before i can seriously start being a medical marijuana caregiver/ card holder. I've already spent hours reading about people's opinions about what the law says and sometimes... they seem to have a lot looser perception of what they are reading then what I do.

I don't think that I've read the whole law just what's been posted up here on the forums.

Welcome to the site Broken.

If you have spent hours already reading about other people's opinions of the law, but don't think you have read the whole law yourself yet, please do. IMO before anyone should seriously start, they should read the law. It's a great place to start. :thumbsu:

Michigan's MMJ Law and Rules

There is a lot of great info to be learned from this forum, and I am sure your specifics will not only be answered by reading the law, but by someone who has already asked the question, or has already answered it.

Oh we can answer these but yah, please read the law. Also, not legal advice just my making whoopee opinion etc etc. :rolleyes:

If I were a caregiver to 1 other patient who happened to be living in my house, and I were a patient myself, would I be able to have 5 ounces dried and cured in my grow room and 5 ounces in the house labeled for myself and the other patient separately?

No. It is 2.5 ounces per person of usable product.

2. If I have more then 2.5 ounces for myself and the other patient hanging to dry is that illegal?

No because you are over. However if you are over because some is in the freezer you have a very good argument that you are merely insuring a continuous supply.

3.When do they consider a plant ready to be smoked? after it dries or after it cures?

When they execute the search warrant or kick your door down, shoot the dog etc. :thumbsd:

4. If after it dries it comes out to be more then 2.5 ounces per patient can i then make it into hash which ways a lot less?

Yes. Just don't time it for the search warrant.

5. Where in the law does it say that i can give my services to a club or another medical card holder? I've only read the part where it clearly says that i am only allowed to grow for the people on the card.

Nice closing. It is not in the law BUT....section 8 is a bit of a catch all and provides a medical use defense for possessing more than the your allotted amount or for selling/buying from other than your registered caregiver. IMHO any reasonable interpretation of the law MUST allow some mechanism for medical users over and above the CG registry system. :hot:

OK i've still been reading every day and figuring things out. I don't think you understand what i'm asking in the first question that you answered.

I am going to be a caregiver to my wife, and also be able to grow for myself as a patient. So I'm reading the law as saying that since i am the caregiver I can have 2.5 ounces ready in case our other 2.5 ounces have ran out. That would mean that i could have 5 ounces dried and ready in the grow room and 5 ounces in my house 2.5 x 2 patients in the house right? Why the hell is this law so unclear in some areas, It seems like they should have thought all of this threw before putting in on the ballot.

From my understanding, you can have 2.5 ounces each in your home (your wife and yourself). You can still have other plants 'almost' ready to go (harvest). Why do you keep asking about having some hang drying? I'm sure law enforcement would consider that 'smokable' (if they wanted to be pricks) and try and bust you.

Just to be safe and perhaps overly cautious, don't hang any up to dry while you each have your maximum 2.5 oz's each sitting around the house. The plants can be in flower.....even almost ready to harvest. But if you want to be safe....don't hang them and cure them while you've each got your 2.5 oz's.

At least that's the way I interpret the law.

Why the hell is this law so unclear in some areas, It seems like they should have thought all of this threw before putting in on the ballot.

On the contrary my friend. The people that wrote the law thought it through Very Very Very well while it was being written. It's only gray to people that are trying to confuse themselves....It offers all kinds of protections and defenses. In my opinion, they even "snuck" in a whole bunch of other protections. Works for me! ;)

After reading your question again, I think I am finding the confusion. I would think normally, a caregiver would be someone that did not live with you. In this case, you would be able to scoop up your 2.5 oz's from them and go home. The caregiver would still be allowed to hold another 2.5 oz's for you until you came back for more.....say in 2 weeks....

You are saying that since you both live together, you should be allowed to have the 2.5 oz's each in your what....living room? AND then have another 2.5 oz's each in your 'grow room'? Which is what.....down the hall from your living room?

Get it? It's in the same house.....In your possession......therefore, you would be over your allowed amount.

Now, perhaps if your grow room where at some other location and you were hanging it to dry there, rather than your house....then you may be safe.

I hope I cleared it up for you. Just hang your plants to dry when you and your wife are down to an ounce each. ;)

Whatsup guys and gals? I'm new to this whole situation, so I have some questions that I personally need to get answered before i can seriously start being a medical marijuana caregiver/ card holder. I've already spent hours reading about people's opinions about what the law says and sometimes... they seem to have a lot looser perception of what they are reading then what I do.

My questions are.

1. If I were a caregiver to 1 other patient who happened to be living in my house, and I were a patient myself, would I be able to have 5 ounces dried and cured in my grow room and 5 ounces in the house labeled for myself and the other patient separately?

thanks in advance? just haven't heard any real clear answers to these basic questions that we should all know.

1. If I were a caregiver to 1 other patient who happened to be living in my house, and I were a patient myself, would I be able to have 5 ounces dried and cured in my grow room and 5 ounces in the house labeled for myself and the other patient separately? Yes. as a Patient/caregiver you can have 2.5 for you, and 2.5 for your patient. look at it this way, you can have 2.5 ounces for every card you hold. it doesnt matter if your patient is in the same house or the same city. there are no residency requirements described anywhere regarding patient caregiver relationships. Your patient is also allowed 2.5 ounces, and yes you can keep it all under one roof, make sure it is LABELED!

2. If I have more then 2.5 ounces for myself and the other patient hanging to dry is that illegal? Yes. the hanging and curing plants do not count as useable marijuana under the act. again this is where labeling is important, with at the very least, an estimated finish date on the curing jars.

4. If after it dries it comes out to be more then 2.5 ounces per patient can i then make it into hash which ways a lot less? You can process it however you wish, there are endless options for the use of the cannabis plant :)

5. A. Where in the law does it say that i can give my services to a club or another medical card holder? B.I've only read the part where it clearly says that i am only allowed to grow for the people on the card. A. The law does not address your services to any "club". B. You read correctly regarding only being able to grow for those patients you have caregiver cards for.

1. If I were a caregiver to 1 other patient who happened to be living in my house, and I were a patient myself, would I be able to have 5 ounces dried and cured in my grow room and 5 ounces in the house labeled for myself and the other patient separately? Yes. as a Patient/caregiver you can have 2.5 for you, and 2.5 for your patient. look at it this way, you can have 2.5 ounces for every card you hold. it doesnt matter if your patient is in the same house or the same city. there are no residency requirements described anywhere regarding patient caregiver relationships. Your patient is also allowed 2.5 ounces, and yes you can keep it all under one roof, make sure it is LABELED!

2. If I have more then 2.5 ounces for myself and the other patient hanging to dry is that illegal? Yes. the hanging and curing plants do not count as useable marijuana under the act. again this is where labeling is important, with at the very least, an estimated finish date on the curing jars.

4. If after it dries it comes out to be more then 2.5 ounces per patient can i then make it into hash which ways a lot less? You can process it however you wish, there are endless options for the use of the cannabis plant :)

5. A. Where in the law does it say that i can give my services to a club or another medical card holder? B.I've only read the part where it clearly says that i am only allowed to grow for the people on the card. A. The law does not address your services to any "club". B. You read correctly regarding only being able to grow for those patients you have caregiver cards for.

I'm reading the law the same way you are, I appreciate your post.

On the contrary my friend. The people that wrote the law thought it through Very Very Very well while it was being written. It's only gray to people that are trying to confuse themselves....It offers all kinds of protections and defenses. In my opinion, they even "snuck" in a whole bunch of other protections. Works for me! ;)

I'm not reading it to confuse myself! I want to make 100% sure that I am within the law before I start growing. I believe that things are very unclear, why so many different opinions?

The law is unclear about how much patients can grow for themselves. It says in areas you can constantly supply the patient, that patients can have 2.5 ounces at all times, and that a caregiver can have 2.5 ounces ready for the patient when they run out. I don't see where it specifies that a patient growing can hold 2.5 ounces for a constant supply on top of the 2.5 he/she is using for medicine. But then again it should say that a patient growing their own should be considered a caregiver and I missed that part.

Lookout...you're starting to provide more arguements for Bouchard!

Interpreting the laws on this would be fun and interesting if we did not have so much at stake (like losing your home to forfeiture). If you are going to try to interpret a law that has a lot of "grey" areas, interpret it to the negative side (that which allows you to possess the least amount etc) because that is the way LEO will try to interpret it.

If you have extra property to lose and lots of money for lawyers go ahead and try to interpret it to your advantage. The problem is that you won't be arguing with a cop on the street, you will be arguing in the court of appeals and paying attorney fees for every arguement you can think of. I'd guess that most people who have tried to interpret the grey areas of this law to their advantage wish they had just chosen to possess less plants or usable product if they could do it all over again. Being dragged through this court system of ours not only drains your wallet, but it takes a huge toll on your health. Its a lot of stress. I'd rather avoid the problem in the first place than to have to deal with it after the fact.

I even stay under on all my counts just to sleep better at night knowing that I will be sleeping in my own bed and in my own home instead of in a jail cell or a in a cardboard box under a freeway overpass.

Lookout...you're starting to provide more arguements for Bouchard!

Interpreting the laws on this would be fun and interesting if we did not have so much at stake (like losing your home to forfeiture). If you are going to try to interpret a law that has a lot of "grey" areas, interpret it to the negative side (that which allows you to possess the least amount etc) because that is the way LEO will try to interpret it.

If you have extra property to lose and lots of money for lawyers go ahead and try to interpret it to your advantage. The problem is that you won't be arguing with a cop on the street, you will be arguing in the court of appeals and paying attorney fees for every arguement you can think of. I'd guess that most people who have tried to interpret the grey areas of this law to their advantage wish they had just chosen to possess less plants or usable product if they could do it all over again. Being dragged through this court system of ours not only drains your wallet, but it takes a huge toll on your health. Its a lot of stress. I'd rather avoid the problem in the first place than to have to deal with it after the fact.

I even stay under on all my counts just to sleep better at night knowing that I will be sleeping in my own bed and in my own home instead of in a jail cell or a in a cardboard box under a freeway overpass.

I guess you can look at it that way. I'm not really trying to bend anything in my advantage, just trying to figure it out.

If there's a law that says i can give 2.5 ounces of meds to a patient and i can keep 2.5 ounces for the patient when they run out that's simply what the law says.

Now that I have been reading and researching I have a better understanding of the law, but am still a bit confused on how much a patient growing for himself/herself can have. I Know they can have 2.5 but are they treated like a caregiver, allowing them to have another 2.5 ready when they run out? and if yes or no where is it in the law?

I'm always safe, and when it comes down to it I'm going to keep my numbers down. This is all just for peace of mind before I even begin the process.

Now that I have been reading and researching I have a better understanding of the law, but am still a bit confused on how much a patient growing for himself/herself can have. I Know they can have 2.5 but are they treated like a caregiver, allowing them to have another 2.5 ready when they run out? and if yes or no where is it in the law?

At ny given time you can have 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana. you dont have to wait till your out, you can have a 1/2 ounce left and acquire 2 more at that point if you want. As long as you stay at 2.5 ounces for each card you have, your safe. if your concern is running out while your plants are growing, a perpetual grow is what your looking for. Bubblegrower has a great tutorial set up for running a perpetual grow. it is for 12 plants, but scales easily for 24 or 36, etc...

At ny given time you can have 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana. you dont have to wait till your out, you can have a 1/2 ounce left and acquire 2 more at that point if you want. As long as you stay at 2.5 ounces for each card you have, your safe. if your concern is running out while your plants are growing, a perpetual grow is what your looking for. Bubblegrower has a great tutorial set up for running a perpetual grow. it is for 12 plants, but scales easily for 24 or 36, etc...

Yeah i see where it says that. I also see that if you are a care giver you can have 2.5 ounces ready for your patient even if they have 2.5 in their possession.

seems like the best solution for my situation would be to make my wife my caregiver and for me to be hers.

In the end I'll play it safe by just having 5 ready to smoke in the house and 2.5 curing. Legal since i'm a patient growing for myself and i'm her caregiver making sure she doesnt run out.

Yeah i see where it says that. I also see that if you are a care giver you can have 2.5 ounces ready for your patient even if they have 2.5 in their possession.

seems like the best solution for my situation would be to make my wife my caregiver and for me to be hers.

In the end I'll play it safe by just having 5 ready to smoke in the house and 2.5 curing. Legal since i'm a patient growing for myself and i'm her caregiver making sure she doesnt run out.

Sounds like you can SMOKE bro! :lol:

I don't see that but haven't really studied the caregiver part (yah yah, despite the name I am only my own caregiver). My reading is you can have 2.5 ounces in your possession for each- you and her. That is 2.5 ounces of USABLE marijuana. Drying/Curing material might very well count.

If I have more then 2.5 ounces for myself and the other patient hanging to dry is that illegal? Yes. the hanging and curing plants do not count as useable marijuana under the act. again this is where labeling is important, with at the very least, an estimated finish date on the curing jars.

Test case. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't see that but haven't really studied the caregiver part (yah yah, despite the name I am only my own caregiver). My reading is you can have 2.5 ounces in your possession for each- you and her. That is 2.5 ounces of USABLE marijuana. Drying/Curing material might very well count. However: and this is why I make the big bucks......FROZEN marijuana is not really usable, at least not without unfreezing, yah know? Unless it is usable it is an incidental under the MMMA and it says something about this being unlimited in quantity....

I would make an effort to stay under 5.0 ounces and perhaps freeze any overage.

Anyway, haven't heard of this case being charged or decided so maybe there is something there....not legal advice etc.. But if anybody wants to be a test case: :thumbsd:

If I have more then 2.5 ounces for myself and the other patient hanging to dry is that illegal? Yes. the hanging and curing plants do not count as useable marijuana under the act. again this is where labeling is important, with at the very least, an estimated finish date on the curing jars.

More test cases. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OK i've still been reading every day and figuring things out. I don't think you understand what i'm asking in the first question that you answered.

I am going to be a caregiver to my wife, and also be able to grow for myself as a patient. So I'm reading the law as saying that since i am the caregiver I can have 2.5 ounces ready in case our other 2.5 ounces have ran out. That would mean that i could have 5 ounces dried and ready in the grow room and 5 ounces in my house 2.5 x 2 patients in the house right? Why the hell is this law so unclear in some areas, It seems like they should have thought all of this threw before putting in on the ballot.

I am my wifes caregiver. The way I read it is. I can have 2.5oz for myself. My wife can have 2.5oz for her self. As my wifes caregiver I can have 2.5 oz for her. Total of 7.5oz. I would make sure 2.5 were clearly in my wifes possession like in her underwear draw with her name on it. I would make sure the 5oz in the grow room was clearly labeled 2.5oz for me and 2.5oz for her.

The tough part for me is the grow. A perpetual grow is the way to go no matter what. One that never has you harvesting too much at any one time. Also to be totally honest you have to decide what you are trying to do. If you are growing just to supply yourself that is pretty easy. If you are trying to follow the rules and grow enough to take donations for at the club or dispensary then that is a different story and much more difficult to stay legal IMO. One last thing. When hanging to dry keep the plants as one single plant. Don't cut the branches off as LEO will count each branch as a plant. It is dishonest but that is how they work these days.

ok this is how i understand the law, if you are a c.g to your wife, she can posses 2.5 in her possesion preferabley locked, and you can have 2.5 for her, and only 2.5 for you, so my numbers say you can have 7.5 oz' cured and ready to use, I would lable them, and date and put pt(wifes name as your pt, and your name as your own pt/grower!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Im sure peeps will disagree, but if i have a cg who lives down the street from me, he can have 2.5 usable for me and i can have 2.5, he possess plants so i cant(hypothetical) so I realy dont see waht the diff is, unless you dont have a c.g card for your wife/pt!

I don't see that but haven't really studied the caregiver part (yah yah, despite the name I am only my own caregiver). My reading is you can have 2.5 ounces in your possession for each- you and her. That is 2.5 ounces of USABLE marijuana. Drying/Curing material might very well count. However: and this is why I make the big bucks......FROZEN marijuana is not really usable, at least not without unfreezing, yah know? Unless it is usable it is an incidental under the MMMA and it says something about this being unlimited in quantity....

I would make an effort to stay under 5.0 ounces and perhaps freeze any overage.

Anyway, haven't heard of this case being charged or decided so maybe there is something there....not legal advice etc.. But if anybody wants to be a test case: :thumbsd:

More test cases. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

if your mm is dried, cured and in the freezer it counts as weight! the clippings waiste and seeds are not suppose to count as weight,(not suppose to does not mean they wont) I will bet the farm they will count your cured mm in the freezer,, and why do i have to thaw it to make it useable? lmfao!

Peace

FTW

Jim

yeah that whole freezer thing seems sketchy. I use to freeze my cigs before i quit and they burned, so not sure how that is unusable.

I'm reading the law as 7.5 too so I think most of us are on the same page...

Got the OK from my wife and we're going to go to the doc on Mon. wish me luck.

for each card in your possesion you may have 2.5 ounces so 4 cards in the house means 10 oz

as for providing your meds to others this is how i see it

"Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

Hey thanks for the input :D I'd say 10 is OK but I really don't need that much laying around anyway. At that point I'll just make some oil or hash if its a concern.

Can't wait to get qualified, already got my grow room designed... just a matter of putting together the funds.

Archived