Where To Get Soil In The Winter?

isoman234

I'm trying to start my first indoor grow and I don't seem to be able to find any good soil being sold any where. So I was wondering where in the lansing area do they sell good organic grow soil?

there's no decent grow stores in the lansing area? that's surprising.

there's no decent grow stores in the lansing area? that's surprising.

My last post (the one before your post) has a link to a couple dozen hydro shops in the Lansing area.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=hydroponics+lansing,+mi#q=hydroponics+store&hl=en&prmdo=1&prmd=ivmc&source=univ&tbs=plcs:1&tbo=u&ei=ArThTL2BLMaAOpaX7IUP&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=4&sqi=2&ved=0CEwQtQMwAw&fp=8d8dc79919fbb9a2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Miracle Grow cheap easy good for 1 grow :thumbsu: ....Just add water

No offense but I would not use miracle grow if my life depended on it. To be quite frank, it may end my life faster then any soil. I know years ago it was about the only soil available, but today there is so much better soils out there.

I recently bought a bag of it for a friends personal houseplant, and no not marijuana, read on. Let me say this, Bugs invaded everywhere. Killed her African Violets, and now what remains of her plants are at another friends till she can afford the Orkin Man. I warned her of the dangers, she insisted on using it. Strangley I went thru a small problem like this from a friend being nice and giving me a few plants he started. Now that soil did have ph balance 6.5-6.8 on bag, (also loaded with time release nutrients a bad thing when after time, they break down, or worse, release at wrong rates, causing ph problems, and or improper nutes delivered) would have been perfect for our grows, but the bugs??? Nothing like spending money on seeds and watching roots getting eaten away.

Sure one could argue maybe it was a bad bag, (but then explain 2 different bags, remember my plague, and the african violets as well?) but at the cost of seeds, I wont risk it. My seeds are more important to me then cheap soil. My grow room is way more important to me, then a bug invasion as well.

Lansing has many a hydro shops. Fox Farms, Sunshine #4, Black Gold and many other soils are way better and even though you may need to ammend the soil a bit, are not bad out of the bag. remember you get what you pay for. Nutes, soil, worm castings, and a bit of lime to adjust ph, and a meter, plan on about 200. You will have change left, a better crop and a peace of mind. Just my .02

Can people grow successfully from it, yeah tons have done so, and continue to do so. This said, I wont walk in front of a bus, because others have either.

p.s The respect I hold for miracle grow causes me to forget to capitalize their first letters of the name.

Archived