War Will Be Declared On The Sick

The only jobs created by higher taxes and more regulation are in the government agencies. Just my thoughts on the matter, and I am not a huge fan of the Laffer curve.

It seemed to work during the Clinton years.

Projected surplus, as none was ever realized.

Not according to the congressional budge office which was a Republican congress at the time. pdf link Of course I am no economist so maybe you can explain it to me.

What do you define a rich person as? Some might argue that Sam Walton and Harry Cunningham created quite a few jobs... Or that small business owners (who are considered rich by the federal government according to their tax bracket) create quite a few jobs...

You missed the point. No Sam Walton never "created" a job out of nothing. It was the people who shopped in his stores that made the job necessary. And had Sam not provided the means someone would have. That is how capitalism works. The wealth trickles up. To be even more accurate it is the 99% of wage earners that through their efforts turn raw materials into something of value that can be sold to the rest of the 99% of wage earners. It is those workers that create the wealth that can trickle up to the very wealthy who actually have very little to do with the process. This is the truth as to how economics works.

It seemed to work during the Clinton years.

Not according to the congressional budge office which was a Republican congress at the time. pdf link Of course I am no economist so maybe you can explain it to me.

You missed the point. No Sam Walton never "created" a job out of nothing. It was the people who shopped in his stores that made the job necessary. And had Sam not provided the means someone would have. That is how capitalism works. The wealth trickles up. To be even more accurate it is the 99% of wage earners that through their efforts turn raw materials into something of value that can be sold to the rest of the 99% of wage earners. It is those workers that create the wealth that can trickle up to the very wealthy who actually have very little to do with the process. This is the truth as to how economics works.

His investment of time and money is what opened the store, without which those products would not have had the distribution end of the equation for folks to obtain... Guess it is a chicken and egg thing?

Glad you mentioned the congress at the time of Clinton's change of economic policies, I think it was the deciding factor in how things occurred economically during the 90s, he was forced to compromise starting in 95, and so were they.

Did you happen to notice the years with the biggest revenues into the government? Funny how those revenues dwarf anything before them, arguably because of the tax cuts, as we all know the economy isn't doing anything near what it was during 99-2000. ;) Tis a shame that the crooks in DC can't control their spending addictions, or we might actually be looking at a surplus, or at least a reduction in the national debt.

;)

His investment of time and money is what opened the store, without which those products would not have had the distribution end of the equation for folks to obtain... Guess it is a chicken and egg thing?

Glad you mentioned the congress at the time of Clinton's change of economic policies, I think it was the deciding factor in how things occurred economically during the 90s, he was forced to compromise starting in 95, and so were they.

Did you happen to notice the years with the biggest revenues into the government? Funny how those revenues dwarf anything before them, arguably because of the tax cuts, as we all know the economy isn't doing anything near what it was during 99-2000. ;) Tis a shame that the crooks in DC can't control their spending addictions, or we might actually be looking at a surplus, or at least a reduction in the national debt.

;)

Of course everything bad that happened was Clintons fault and everything good that happened was the Republican congress fault. :rolleyes: The president submits the budget to congress so when it comes to that I blame the president for good or bad. But yes they are all crooks. Just for once I would like to see that jerk from Texas who apologized to BP for the heat they were taking over the spill give back the $1.8M he has received from the oil industry.

No I don't think it is a chicken or egg thing (the egg came first as it was a mutation of a red jungle fowl.) He opened the store but if he hadn't someone else would have and there would have been nothing to open without the efforts of the people who manufactured those goods. The point is without the 99% their would be no wealth to flow up. It is the efforts of the 99% creating the goods a services that adds wealth to the raw materials. Not the rich people who only capitalize on work of the 99%. I'm not saying the system is completely wrong. I'm not a communist. But wealth is created by the masses and flows up to the rich. That is how it works not the other way around. If it did work the other way around when Bush gave tax breaks to the rich unemployment should have gone down but it didn't.

Lets not forget that for the past two years the GOP has done nothing to help this is not all the Presidents fault also don't forget. The financial crisis was made in the USA and everything tried to stop it or curb its impact was a punt at best, no one knew what to do. But every independent economist does agree that what was done did help prevent and even larger world wide financial collapse. (Its just to freaking bad Wall St and the Banks are still doing the same stuff that put us in this mess)

And now with Tea Party people with some power its going to be another two years of nothing gets done for the country but you can bet your arse every program that Dems started will come under attack and be repealed or at least attempted to be. They have already made that clear. They have also made it clear lots of investigations are going to go about the TARP program and health care reform.

Even now some GOP members are trying to give the President crap over the START treaty. Every conservative GOP leader present and past has agreed with it but now that's it on Obama's watch someone wants to throw out their chest and confront him on it.

And lets not forget the so called Bush Tax Cuts. The GOP and Tea Party are screaming fiscal responsibility and wanting to cut every social safety net out there along with unemployment extensions but god forbid the wealthiest two percent pay a little extra tax lets add another $700 billion dollars to the national debt they keep screaming is to large.

Look we got screwed at the mid terms when millions of Americans for some reason decided they didn't want or need to vote and its going to a hard two years keeping track of there parties and standing up to them when its necessary like we have.

Its apparent the wealthy have no compassion and compromise is just a word to them. When you want to cut off two million Americans unemployment because President Obama doesn't want to reduce the tax on the wealthy that's a clear signal to how the poor and disadvantaged are viewed in this country at this time.

Corrected mis-spelled words

D46

Isn't it interesting that the tea baggers don't talk much about the TARP bailout any more? Reason is the tax payer made a profit off that investment. The tax payer is also going to get all their money back from the GM bailout that Obama gave them. Both of those programs were a good thing for the economy. Just once I would like to see Faux News admit they were wrong about those things. If GM had not been bailed out over a million jobs would have been lost.

Archived