O.S.U. Vs. Mi -- 7 In A Row!

if espn and the detroit free press say it is.... thats good enough for me. :)

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5988308

although maybe he should stick around another season. its been real fun embarrassing the wolverines :)

Still saying not done yet as of 6:30 PM on 97.1 FM Detroit. They are saying that you Buckeyes would crap your pants if Michigan gets Harbaugh. Well? They aren't smart enough anymore to recognize and execute the correct move, I believe anyways.

and the BUCKEYES WIN!! :goodjob: :goodjob:

Congrats to you Bubblegrower as I know this makes you happy.

But, it wasn't so much that the Buckeyes beat the Razorbacks so much as the Razorbacks beat themselves...lol.

5 dropped passes, two for TD's. The lucky fumble recovery in the end zone for a TD.

This was simply the Buckeyes' night.

I still say the Big Ten/Eleven/Twelve is a joke of conference from top to bottom and hugely over-rated.

Congrats Bubblegrower - but your Buckeyes were simply lucky to win...especially after that idiotic formation they ran when the punt was blocked.

I'm just happy that you're happy!

Mizerman

As far as I'm concerned, tressel and tuos missed a big chance to set a standard by benching the Tat 6. Most people outside of Ohio and tuos fans still consider tuos 0-9 vs. the SEC in legitimate bowl games and last nights game will always have an asterisk next to it. The NCAA, Tressel and tuos showed they care more about money than the integrity of the game, plain and simple.

On to RR, I can't imagine it takes a 2 day meeting to fire someone, so the "fact" that DB is meeting with RR again today tells me that he is staying for another year with a new defensive staff. I hope I'm wrong, I was an RR supporter until the end of this season, he just doesn't fit here, time to move on. It would take an 11-1 season from him next year and a big 10 championship to get me back on his side at this point.

GO BLUE!!!

As far as I'm concerned, tressel and tuos missed a big chance to set a standard by benching the Tat 6. Most people outside of Ohio and tuos fans still consider tuos 0-9 vs. the SEC in legitimate bowl games and last nights game will always have an asterisk next to it. The NCAA, Tressel and tuos showed they care more about money than the integrity of the game, plain and simple.

On to RR, I can't imagine it takes a 2 day meeting to fire someone, so the "fact" that DB is meeting with RR again today tells me that he is staying for another year with a new defensive staff. I hope I'm wrong, I was an RR supporter until the end of this season, he just doesn't fit here, time to move on. It would take an 11-1 season from him next year and a big 10 championship to get me back on his side at this point.

GO BLUE!!!

If Vince Lombardi AND Knute Rockne were brought back to life to coach Michigan next year they'd still be as bad as they were this year.

The talent just isn't there on either side of the ball or on special teams.

Even if Jim Harbaugh took the job (and he won't) it would take him 3-4 years to mold the roster into the type of team Stanford has right now AND that means they need a new QB...ASAP.

Michigan shouldn't have even been invited to play in a bowl.

I'm looking forward to another episode into As The World Turns in Ann Arbor this afternoon. :thumbsu:

They completely bungled the coaching hire last time. Les Miles? Anyone remember that?

Now, they can Rich Rod only to find out Harbaugh doesn't want the job.

Harbaugh is a smart man.

Mizerman

i agree..... they should never have been invited to a bowl game. thats not because i dont like them........... hell i was cheering for them new years day. it's the big 10 in a bowl game.

but no they shouldnt have been there. but thats not for me to decide.

as far as the buckeyes and last nights game........ from what i heard Coach Tressel conferred with many other coaches around the nation and got their opinions on the situation with the 5 guys playing in the game. in the end, it came down to a team vote. the team voted that they should play, but of course Coach had the last say in it, so he asked all the players to commit to playing next year........ thus not only completing their education, but serving their 5 game sentence as well.

if you got busted for a d.u.i. (or whatever) and you were sentenced to 10 days in jail would you ask to stay another couple days because you felt it morally correct? nah, if the judge sentences you to 10 days, you stay there for 10 days.

if the judge says 5 games, you sit 5 games.

and now some personal opinions on the 5 guys. rules are rules. nobody can deny that. good or bad, right or wrong, rules are rules. if you dont like the rules, dont play the game.

stupid rules. so the guys can't sell their gold pants at the end of THIS season, but they can sell them openly and willingly at the end of NEXT season?? (meaning the end of their college playing days) basically, it's yours, but you have to keep it until you arent playing for us anymore, then you can sell it if you wish.

IMO it doesnt matter what team you play for, or what the gift is, it is yours to do with as you please. i wonder if the sanctions would have still been brought down if it was found that the money was given to charity and not kept for personal gain?

like i said, they broke the rules........ as stupid as they may be.

I thought you might like this Bubblegrower.

Poor'

By Matt Hinton

Back in November, Ohio State president Gordon Gee inadvertently kicked up some dust when he accused BCS insurgents Boise State and TCU of building their resumés on "the Little Sisters of the Poor" – unlike, of course, the mighty Buckeyes, whose sixth consecutive BCS appearance was built on the solid foundation of such heavy-hitting victims as Marshall, Ohio, Eastern Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota and an injury-ravaged edition of Purdue. Gee quickly backpedaled from that dig, but was still forced over the weekend to admit that he planned on "eating my portion" of crow after the Big Ten's 0-5 flop in New Year's Day bowl games, capped by TCU's 21-19 win over Wisconsin on the Big Ten's most hallowed postseason turf, the Rose Bowl.

True, TCU went into the game as the higher-ranked team and a three-point favorite in Vegas, hardly a "David" to Wisconsin's Goliath. But that didn't stop someone from reminding everyone in Columbus about Gee's misplaced elitism this week by springing for space on 20 different electronic billboards around the city

I thought you might like this Bubblegrower.

Poor'

By Matt Hinton

Back in November, Ohio State president Gordon Gee inadvertently kicked up some dust when he accused BCS insurgents Boise State and TCU of building their resumés on "the Little Sisters of the Poor" – unlike, of course, the mighty Buckeyes, whose sixth consecutive BCS appearance was built on the solid foundation of such heavy-hitting victims as Marshall, Ohio, Eastern Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota and an injury-ravaged edition of Purdue. Gee quickly backpedaled from that dig, but was still forced over the weekend to admit that he planned on "eating my portion" of crow after the Big Ten's 0-5 flop in New Year's Day bowl games, capped by TCU's 21-19 win over Wisconsin on the Big Ten's most hallowed postseason turf, the Rose Bowl.

True, TCU went into the game as the higher-ranked team and a three-point favorite in Vegas, hardly a "David" to Wisconsin's Goliath. But that didn't stop someone from reminding everyone in Columbus about Gee's misplaced elitism this week by springing for space on 20 different electronic billboards around the city

hmmmm . wonder why the wolverines were not grouped in with those "heavy-hitting victims" they no better than marshall or indiana.....

so a new coach is certain now......... is he gonna do it for you wolverines??

my personal opinion:

if the season is too short to play everyone in your conference, DONT MAKE THE CONFERENCE BIGGER.

i mean in baseball, you play each team in your division 19 times during the season. in the NFL you play each team in your division TWICE..... and it's only a 16-game season.

i understand that in college there are more teams and a shorter schedule.......... but that means there should be more separate divisions........ not less bigger ones.

for whatever reason, the buckeyes have to play a smaller ohio school every year. toledo, ohio, miami...... whoever..... this takes away one game from our conference.

big 10, big 11, whatever........... i think we played 3 games that were out of the conference during the regular season....... and that left us with a 3-way disaster for the conference title this year. wisconsin beats ohio state. michigan state beats wisconsin, but the bucks and spartans never get to play?? what kinda shyt is that?? how are we going to share a title with a team we never even played??

the lack of a big 10 championship game this year was just dumb.

IMO, if they gonna keep the BCS around, then our college athletes are gonna have to step up and add another couple games to their schedules. they are big boys, they can handle it.

all the money that is involved with college football, you would think that they would want to do it right.

whatever it takes. if every single division needs to have a separate playoff system to find a champ, so be it........... and the champ gets the bowl games.

32 bowl games?? come on.

hey, i vote we throw in the 20 bucks to sponsor a bowl next year? the MMMA Bowl. i mean hell, we already have the little ceasars bowl and the chik-a-filet bowl?

I love it!

The MMMA Bowl

What I also really dig is Michigan "cluster-f'ing" the whole coach firing/hiring like they always do.

Harbaugh and Miles wouldn't come here if they GAVE them the university. LMAO!

Mark my words:

Michigan will have a worse record this year than they did last year.

Rich Rod's three years here with no talent improved his record from 3 wins to 5 wins to 7 wins with another year left on his contract.

Stupid decision to fire him if you can't land Harbaugh.

Happy Hump Day!

Mizerman

p.s. this weather sucks! :notfair:

• 10 months later...

Archived