Dual Core Lamps..?

SublimeWind

I haven't tried any of the ones that you have listed but I have 2 of these: http://www.eyehortilux.com/superblue.html in my flower room. I like them, BUT they are twice the price of normal lights and next run I plan on doing 3 HPS with 1 MH in my 4000w 9'x8' flower room. I only have used them for one full cycle, 75% done with the second run and they are just as bright as day one but I can not comment on the life time. If I were to do it again I would stick with my switchable ballasts and then buy a variety of 1000w bulbs so you can move and exchange lights freely. I do not think the sticker price of $250-280 for the hortilux is worth the technology.

wow definatly didnt notice that, thats my fault. I personally paid $250 for last winter, call me stupid but thats the sticker price that the box still has on it thats why I posted that price, obviously the price has come down and you've found a better deal. To elaborate for you as to why I do not think are beneficial is how the light is distributed, its very clear where the HPS is conceantrated (center) and the MH is throw out to the edges of the coverage, unless you have your plants rotating on a routine which some people do your plants will not get even light spectrum. I prefer to have my lights set up for example in my flower 3 HPS 1 MH, early to mid flower (5-6 weeks indica 8-9ish sativa) then the late flower ready to pull plants finish up under my MH. With the individual bulbs and ballasts I can control this, with the dual arc I could not. Hope I helped you somewhat without confusing you at all, good luck.

ok the dual arc bulb are a cool new piece of technology but as far as worth high cost i have to say dont do it if you compare the lumen output and color spectrum to the super blues they fall short and a piece of info from a friend who used one is that he noticed the plants on the MH side of the bulb continued a faster growth rate then the plants on the hps side of the fixture if your trying to run full spectrum i just suggest using a Hortilux blue mixed in the your regular hps set ups.

ok the dual arc bulb are a cool new piece of technology but as far as worth high cost i have to say dont do it if you compare the lumen output and color spectrum to the super blues they fall short and a piece of info from a friend who used one is that he noticed the plants on the MH side of the bulb continued a faster growth rate then the plants on the hps side of the fixture if your trying to run full spectrum i just suggest using a Hortilux blue mixed in the your regular hps set ups.

I've only got 2 fixtures to work with, hence asking about the dual tube bulbs..

At ~100shipped it seems like a decent way to get more spectrum...? http://www.horticulturesource.com/product_info.php?products_id=9298

Archived