Need Help Wiring This Timer

SublimeWind

Hi all,

I'm trying to get this timer wired up.. I have a degree in electronics, but it's all low-volt stuff..

This should make sense, but it doesn't...

I need 240 (10/3) and 240 out (12/2)..

I've already set the jumpers, I just need to know how to get this thing connected, it's on the wall, romex connectors and wire ready to go..

http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/56047.pdf

Thank you, to anyone that can get me over this minor hump, you should see the rest of the room, it's beautiful..

Hey Bro, 240 is still split phase. Com1 and com2............one leg of 120 each. Feedback will still run on one leg of the 240. Run the timer on 240 as well. 240 timer.........240 load. Last diagram. Use 2 strand wire in and 2 strand wire out. No need for 10/3 .................your not dealing with 3 phase. That is heavy commercial/industrial feed.

How many lights @1k?

Thanks, the wires is already run, I'm not changin it.. I thought proper 240 required 2 hots a common and a ground?

2K for now, with hopes of another 4k later..

Ok, so I have an extra conductor... easily not used...

Can you help me with the timer? Or should we dance around the wire all day? (I don't mean to sound rude, I just needed these lights on 3 days ago and things are dieing in my current toxic flower room and my dad who did this crap most of his life is NO frikkin help what-so-ever.. so please, forgive me)

You should connect the wiring according to the attached screenshot from that .pdf you linked to: post-4966-0-27782800-1290543007_thumb.jpg

The two hot leads for the lamp/lamps go to 'COM' and 'COM2'. Input hot leads go: 1 goes to both 'TIMER (left)' and 'NO', 2 goes to both 'TIMER (right)' and 'NO2'. The ground would run straight through if there isn't a ground on the timer box.

You should connect the wiring according to the attached screenshot from that .pdf you linked to: post-4966-0-27782800-1290543007_thumb.jpg

The two hot leads for the lamp/lamps go to 'COM' and 'COM2'. Input hot leads go: 1 goes to both 'TIMER (left)' and 'NO', 2 goes to both 'TIMER (right)' and 'NO2'. The ground would run straight through if there isn't a ground on the timer box.

Thank you,

I spoke to an electrician in chat, I think I just couldn't see the forest for the trees or something..

I have it straight now, it just doesn't make any sense looking at the schematic they give..

Black in to T1, white in to T2, jumper from T1 to T5, Red in to T8, White out to T7 and black out to T4 (T4/5 and T7/8 being the switches)

I just noticed that there are some jumper settings in that timer -- I haven't used that timer before.

You probably should make sure that the jumpers are in the right configuration. Another snippet from the .pdf file: post-4966-0-36915600-1290543896_thumb.jpg

Yes Sir, had that st already, thank you..

I looked at this thing for well over an hour, trying to get a handle on it, and when i finally understood it, it all made perfect sense to what i already know.. I just needed direction and conformation I suppose.. :unsure:

Indica,

Thanks brother, please don't take my little tiff up there to cause any sortta bad blood, I was just in a frustrated hurry.. I'm sure you know that feelin..

Cheers

Hey Bro, 240 is still split phase. Com1 and com2............one leg of 120 each. Feedback will still run on one leg of the 240. Run the timer on 240 as well. 240 timer.........240 load. Last diagram. Use 2 strand wire in and 2 strand wire out.

Answer was in Indica's first post. :)) But was spelled out by BoroBoro

You should connect the wiring according to the attached screenshot from that .pdf you linked to screenshot.23-11-2010 15.03.37.jpg

Great post guys, I love reading the electrical ones.

Now that everything is set, let's get back to this

Thank you, to anyone that can get me over this minor hump, you should see the rest of the room, it's beautiful..

:thumbsu:

I ended up wiring just like this... I couldn't seem to comprehend it for some reason, but now that it's wired, it make perfect sense..

Sometimes I wonder if being a stoner is a good thing.. :lol:

Thanks everyone.. !!

Thanks man, most of it I have covered.. Typical home wiring is easy, this only threw me because I wasn't putting 2 and 2 together.. EVEN after talking with an electrician on chat here (and still getting it wrong), I still ended up wiring it JUST as Boroboro showed..

Simple, yet confusing.. I didn't risk anything until I was confident I knew what I was doing..

Archived