Growing In Federally Subsidized Housing

mizerman

Hello all,

I know this topic has been reported on and discussed on this site many months earlier. I simply cannot find the threads when searching Niles, Michigan - AND - I thought I remembered a case involving a lady who is a cancer patient some where up north who was growing plants in her closet and they asked her to leave.

I know those places don't allow it. What happened to these two people and their cases?

If possible, could one of you post a link so my buddy who lives in a federally subsidized place can read about these things.

I don't want him getting in trouble.

Thanks,

Mizerman

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/100292494.html

Evicted For Medical Marijuana

A local woman is being evicted from her home for using a totally legal product- medical marijuana. Her problem- the conflict between state and federal laws when it comes to defining illegal drugs.

Posted: 4:39 PM Aug 9, 2010

Reporter: John Lund

Email Address: john.lund@wilx.com

Shannon Sterner is being evicted

"I have no idea where i'm going to go," Sterner said.

The reason: "use of illegal drugs." But her "illegal drugs" are medical marijuana.

"I was using medical marijuana and there was an annonymous complaint filed by one of my neighbors that they smelled marijuana," Sterner said. "When I got my lease violation, I went up to the front office immiediately and told them of my medical marijuana card and told them i wasn't trying to violate any laws. They said that was okay as long as i didn't use on the property."

But the fact that pot still existed in the home made it against federal law.

Gary Offenbacher, vice president of Continental Management, who owns Sterner's apartment complex, said because the apartment is federally subsidized, they must follow federal laws- and in the eyes of the federal government, marijuana, no matter if it's used medicinally or recreationally, is illegal.

"The federal government and [Pres. Barack] Obama himself need to take into consideration that it is legal and that for people like me who live in HUD housing and struggle to get by, it's is an added burden," Sterner said.

Sterner has been sick over the past four years and says the marijuana is has reduced the amount of other medications she takes.

"I was inside of my state law," Sterner said. "I'm allowed to possess two and a half ounces. I have a caregiver named for me so i cannot possess plants. He does all my growing and cultivating for me. I had everything in a locked box. I was doing everything i was supposed to be doing."

Sterner said she plans to stay in her apartment until she's physically removed or has the money to go elsewhere.

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/100292494.html

Evicted For Medical Marijuana

A local woman is being evicted from her home for using a totally legal product- medical marijuana. Her problem- the conflict between state and federal laws when it comes to defining illegal drugs.

Posted: 4:39 PM Aug 9, 2010

Reporter: John Lund

Email Address: john.lund@wilx.com

Shannon Sterner is being evicted

"I have no idea where i'm going to go," Sterner said.

The reason: "use of illegal drugs." But her "illegal drugs" are medical marijuana.

"I was using medical marijuana and there was an annonymous complaint filed by one of my neighbors that they smelled marijuana," Sterner said. "When I got my lease violation, I went up to the front office immiediately and told them of my medical marijuana card and told them i wasn't trying to violate any laws. They said that was okay as long as i didn't use on the property."

But the fact that pot still existed in the home made it against federal law.

Gary Offenbacher, vice president of Continental Management, who owns Sterner's apartment complex, said because the apartment is federally subsidized, they must follow federal laws- and in the eyes of the federal government, marijuana, no matter if it's used medicinally or recreationally, is illegal.

"The federal government and [Pres. Barack] Obama himself need to take into consideration that it is legal and that for people like me who live in HUD housing and struggle to get by, it's is an added burden," Sterner said.

Sterner has been sick over the past four years and says the marijuana is has reduced the amount of other medications she takes.

"I was inside of my state law," Sterner said. "I'm allowed to possess two and a half ounces. I have a caregiver named for me so i cannot possess plants. He does all my growing and cultivating for me. I had everything in a locked box. I was doing everything i was supposed to be doing."

Sterner said she plans to stay in her apartment until she's physically removed or has the money to go elsewhere.

Thank you very much for posting this. I do not want my friend to get in trouble.

I think I need to talk with his family and ease their mind about growing for their son in their home. He lives by himself in a federally subsidized apartment and wants to start growing as soon as he gets his income tax refund and he has it all planned out - he is a VERY smart guy.

If my wife and I had a home of our own (and weren't living in an apartment), he would already have a spot in our home for him to grow his allotted plants at no cost to him whatsoever.

Thanks again for posting this.

Mizerman

Dude get a stealth vape like this

http://purple-days.com

Click on the original and get it !!!!!!!

Its 100% non-toxic and the bomb!!!

No dont grow in fed subsidized housing unless you have a formal agreement with a pro bono attorney wiling to take it to the end

THis is the problem.....Too risky right now

Get this VAPE dude and youre troubles are over

No smell....no problems...It uses less than 1/4 gram for 4 big vapor hits

It will help anyway.....get onto a good caregiver who needs the plant count but has the medicine you need....You need someone who has what helps you...The strains do radically different things....Find one you like

That's what is important....having the right medicine

Be safe if you do grow...use carbon filter and have the card in hand for christssake!

Have the card, know the law, have a copy of the law with you... get a lawyer

PEACE

~hg

No dont grow in fed subsidized housing unless you have a formal agreement with a pro bono attorney wiling to take it to the end

It will help anyway.....get onto a good caregiver who needs the plant count but has the medicine you need....You need someone who has what helps you...The strains do radically different things....Find one you like

Be safe if you do grow...use carbon filter and have the card in hand for christssake!

PEACE

~hg

Thanks. I'm on the way over to his place to visit with him this morning and will show him this thread.

Mizerman

What i'm really saying is get the vape and get a caregiver

It will be cheaper

There are caregivers that will help with small amounts free even for plant rights

Just make sure they actually have steady supply of the right medicine for you

That's right cheaper and safer

Use that vape you cannot...I dare you to try and use ounce a week like some folks claim to be using....double dare you!

Your head will be on my space cruiser to K-pax so fast....suspended in my hydroponic life support sphere resevior....

This vape once you get the technic is limitless how it conserves weed...and will blow the top of your head off

This here is the most powerful vape in the world and will blow your head clean off....

So I've got just one question...

Why The flower havent you gotten over to the website and purchase one of these things!!!!

Check http://fuckcombustion.com for reviews and vapor community!

And dude this vape has a shape of a soda can basically but made of wood ....It looks like something you store pencils in ....totally stealth

Beyond stealth

People are like ok lets see that vape ....

uh....you mean this?

Amaze your family and friends....get high with no smell...conserve weed...get higher....feel better....be more healthy....

Best decision I ever made and I had to build mine from a kit they offer because purple-days were out of stock for like a year!

Now Tom is caught up and has vapes available....grab one!

It will be cheaper

There are caregivers that will help with small amounts free even for plant rights

Use that vape you cannot...I dare you to try and use ounce a week like some folks claim to be using....double dare you!

Your head will be on my space cruiser to K-pax so fast....suspended in my hydroponic life support sphere resevior....

This vape once you get the technic is limitless how it conserves weed...and will blow the top of your head off

This here is the most powerful vape in the world and will blow your head clean off....

Why The flower havent you gotten over to the website and purchase one of these things!!!!

Well, because I don't have $180 to blow and neither does he.

I already have a vaporizer. That's NOT the subject matter of this post.

Perhaps, you need to put your little wooden contraption down...LOL :rolleyes:

Mizerman

Hello all,

I know this topic has been reported on and discussed on this site many months earlier. I simply cannot find the threads when searching Niles, Michigan - AND - I thought I remembered a case involving a lady who is a cancer patient some where up north who was growing plants in her closet and they asked her to leave.

I know those places don't allow it. What happened to these two people and their cases?

If possible, could one of you post a link so my buddy who lives in a federally subsidized place can read about these things.

I don't want him getting in trouble.

Thanks,

Mizerman

PEACE

~hg

It will be cheaper

And dude this vape has a shape of a soda can basically but made of wood ....It looks like something you store pencils in ....totally stealth

Beyond stealth

People are like ok lets see that vape ....

uh....you mean this?

Amaze your family and friends....get high with no smell...conserve weed...get higher....feel better....be more healthy....

Best decision I ever made and I had to build mine from a kit they offer because purple-days were out of stock for like a year!

Now Tom is caught up and has vapes available....grab one!

WTF

Vaporizer is topic #1 in Fed housing

Smell being the #1 reason get booted thought I would help out

You guys are wound too tight...mizerman flower you

Helping you guys is like feeding pigs...

Sometimes they would rather eat their own dookie!

just exactly who are you helping here? the OP asked about federally funded housing and the location of a few links. you come in with some vapo stuff? WTF?? couldnt be more off topic. so i came in and made an attempt to get the thread back on track............ and you reply with more off topic crap and name calling?

3 days.

enjoy.

The Federal government (the Department of Housing and Urban Development with a division called Section 8) requires an annual inspection of a federally subsidized complex (the premises) by its owners or management, and a report in each tenant's file. Within 30 days of the owner/manager's inspection the government sends inspectors who randomly choose a set percentage of apartments to reinspect in each complex in order to verify the accuracy of management's reporting and their compliance with the maintenance standard (called FMHQS--Federal Minimum Housing Quality Standards). If management fails this reinspection, the feds will inspect/reinspect every unit in every building.

They are not looking for clandestine marijuana grows, per se. Primarily they check for working smoke detectors, working and safe electrical outlets, vermin investation, functioning appliances, whole and undamaged screens and window panes, sliding doors functioning, etc. all the things listed in FMHQS. On failure of such inspections some management lose their right to collect the federal rent subsidy, which is the primary reason managements take seriously complaince with FMHQS.

Given the above, if you are growing in a federally subsizided apartment there is some risk of discovery. A greater risk than in a non-subsidized unit where in-premises annual inspections are not mandated.

And if you are, Clin Eastwood's words apply, "Do you feel lucky?"

So if you are growing in your HUD unit, subsidized or not (depends upon your income or your lack of income)you WILL have one inspection of your apartment yearly, and possibly two.

It will be cheaper

vapeing is the only way to go, I know i have saved at least 300 bucks in 2 months, and im getting better at it,,I use the used vape buds for brownies, and ad like 1/3 more that wasnt vaped, oh man loven life, prob is i vape I still get the munchies than i eat them and i dont feel no pain lol!

not safe to grow in fed housing, not realy even safe to have people smelling it there, If he can grow at his folks, he should do that, if not find a good c.g reasonable priced, and vaping realy saves you lots of money, and the smell, and the carcinegenics,

NO TO GROWING IN FED SUBSIDIZED HOUSING, TO RISKY, MM IS ONLY LEGAL STATE BY STATE, THE FEDS CAN BOOT YOU FOR GROWING OR USING ON THERE PROPERTY'S, UNLESS YOU HAVE LOTS OF MONEY OR A GREAT FREE ATTNY JUST DONT DO IT!

I double that vape and c.g it will save you lots of heart ache!

Peace

FTW

Jim

WTF

Vaporizer is topic #1 in Fed housing

Smell being the #1 reason get booted thought I would help out

You guys are wound too tight...mizerman flower you

Helping you guys is like feeding pigs...

Sometimes they would rather eat their own dookie!

BLOW ME!

Mizerman

p.s. he has a vaporizer and so do I

just exactly who are you helping here? the OP asked about federally funded housing and the location of a few links. you come in with some vapo stuff? WTF?? couldnt be more off topic. so i came in and made an attempt to get the thread back on track............ and you reply with more off topic crap and name calling?

3 days.

enjoy.

Thank you BubbleGrower.

Herb Green started it. I know I am a big enough man to finish it if he really wants to push it to the next level should we ever have the fortune to meet...LMAO!

I am the one who should be jumping up and down screaming WTF! :goodjob:

Maybe I'll start a mission to begin hi-jacking every time he says anything on this board. Perhaps, I could start ranting a raving like a run-a-way locomotive about buying my rubberized yellow raincoats?!

Seriously.

Mizerman

Archived