Wyoming Ban

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kent_county/Wyoming-to-vote-on-med-marijuana-ban

Wyoming council OKs med marijuana ban

Unanimous vote Monday night

Updated: Monday, 06 Dec 2010, 7:53 PM EST

Published : Monday, 06 Dec 2010, 7:26 PM EST

By Tony Tagliavia

WYOMING, Mich. (WOOD) - The Wyoming City Council voted unanimously Monday night to implement a blanket ban on medical marijuana in the city.

"This is not a vote against the people that need this medication," Mayor Jack Poll said before the vote. "This is a vote against the way it's being dispensed."

Other council members echoed that sentiment. Poll argued if medical marijuana is to be legal, it should be dispensed like other legal drugs.

Since the council took an earlier step toward the ban Nov. 1, a Wyoming resident who says he is a medical marijuana patient sued the city to prevent enforcement of the proposal. And the ACLU of Michigan filed suit against three Detroit-area communities that have enacted a blanket ban.

John Ter Beek, the Wyoming man who filed suit against the city, told the council Monday night he is planning a recall of council members who vote for the ban.

He told 24 Hour News 8 he expected to talk with ACLU officials by phone Tuesday.

Responding to the threat of a potential recall, councilmember Richard Pastoor said "if I have to be recalled because I vote on preserving safety in our community the city of Wyoming, the city I love ... if that has to be the case, then so be it -- and move somebody else into my chair."

Yeah to protect us from whom!!!!!!!!!??????????? I was there it was a joke! Mayor poll a pharmacist talked about how drugs need to be regulated. I hope the ACLU gets into them for everything they can John and the ACLU need to rip em a new one. I wanted to speak but there were so many camera's I will not risk my wife's job or mine and risk outing her use of mmj. I am sorry I could not. I was still there.

Archived