When Do I Transplant?

420 grower

Definitely,

Let it get some nice roots before just tossing it into the dirt.

Right now they are able to work on root production. If you put them into the dirt now, they will have to work on acclimating to the dirt, AND root production. Something will suffer.

I say 2 1/2 to 3 weeks in the cloner.

420 grower? lol! you were supposed to put it in dirt as soon as you put the clonex on lmfao!

I like to get a good healthy root going before I transplant it!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I've tried rockwool soil and peat pellets and can't get roots so I'm still trying to figure that part out. I have done it in soil but it took lik a month. I tried a bubble cloner too before and it didn't work.

While it's true that they will have to acclimate either way...........I would like my plants to have a good start on root production before putting them in. My personal preference I suppose.

These are my clones, STILL working on root production, in my daisy cloner.

roots007.jpg

roots005.jpg

Now them are looking nice!

I prefer to let the roots get realy healthy also!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I've tried rockwool soil and peat pellets and can't get roots so I'm still trying to figure that part out. I have done it in soil but it took lik a month. I tried a bubble cloner too before and it didn't work.

I was just teasin in the first sentence, let them get going good, let em get like irish's!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Thanks!

I guess, I just feel like.......why put it in if it may not have a chance?

If you have nice healthy roots, you will have a nice healthy plant.

And, we all know what we get when we have a healthy plant! Excellent medicine.

So, I try to start making my meds the best they can be, from the very beginning.............starting with the roots.

The only one I will cheat is myself!

I still don't know what to do I got a couple people saying two different things. Hmmm.

I've always had great success in rockwool or bubblers. Rockwool is the easiest for me though. I use 2" cubes and

I always take cuttings so as to have two nodes in the cubes. I use clonex jell and put them in a humidity dome with just enough water to touch the bottom of the cubes. Under 4-20 fluoros. 12-14 days to the buckets.

Also, sorry.......but I think I said 2 1/2 to 3 weeks..........

I am more going with the 12-14 days stated by knottwhole, depending on the strain.........sorry.

I don't know what I was thinking of when I said that.......lol

You can let them go too long. They want to be long and white and healthy.

Those in the pics will be transplanted in a few days. They have been in since the 4th of Dec.

This is just my opinion and i'm a noob and I never use soil.

If you cant get them into the medium the day when you start to see white bumps on the stem, you risk hurting the root system slowing things down. I heard and I think logic agrees that the most valuable roots are the early forming ones. I would do as much as I can to let those spread out even in the final medium and not have them clumped up from a late transplant. But just my opinion, I dunnno.

I do know when I see little white dots, 2 1/2 to 3 weeks later that clone will be a decent bush if its in the right conditions. But thats using hydro. I have never tried dirt.

Archived