Med Mj Organizations

Just wrapped up my monthly donating to my worthy causes. I hope all of you that are able to donate do so on a regular basis because the only way to stop cities like B-Ham, Bloomfield and Livonia is by capital infusions. Well its a very big part of the equation. The people power is huge as well. Thats right fight them the only way the recognize they (mj haters) understand good ole American way get the money in the system and fight them. The only reason we have this law in MI is because organizations and people backed it and put the money where it needed to be on the battelfield. If more people backed up all their smack talkin with real $$$ we would not be bantering here about ROGUE COPS and instead figuring out how to legally make money off LEGAL CANNABIS business. And no I do not mean not just dispensaries. To this day I stand firm on not paying 25.00 a gram or 60-65.00 an eigth. Thats crap. 50-58.00 for organic medicine is more than fair and Frankly it directly pushes out illegal activities like Mexican Mafia syndicates and puts honest hard working MIchiganders to work helping people ease pain and suffering all the while earn a living, pay bills and feed their families.

So even though I only send in like 5.00 a month it helps for lobbying power and to get more citizen/people driven iniatives in place. I hope Ohio, IL, or IN get targeted next. Get the midwest online then move accordingly to the east, south and eventually into the really conservative midwestern states like Kansas, Arkansas, and what not.

Please donate people paypal will accept credit card donations as little as a few bucks. I do it for just 5.00. Just sent in to the MMMA, MPP, NORML and a few others. But I can say in honesty that I contribute in many ways.

What have you done to be active in the Legalization movement today....???? Send in a few bucks. Or help someone in need. If we all take some of our earnings whether it be MED MJ earned funds or personal donated time we are moving forward in a logically progressive manner and eventually we will beat these Barney Fife types..!

Peace.

-D

50-58.00 for organic medicine is more than fair and Frankly it directly pushes out illegal activities like Mexican Mafia syndicates and puts honest hard working MIchiganders to work helping people ease pain and suffering all the while earn a living, pay bills and feed their families.

-D

I could not agree more. Remember in early 2009 when it was pretty common to see $400 zips? I remember talking to John Roberts about how the price for med grade appeared to be dropping from $400 to around $300. I knew guys growing for $200/oz back then...same guys who sold smoke prior to 2008 for $1,000 per quarter pound.

Let that little tidbit resonate: Prior to our new law, many good growers were charging $250/oz for illegally grown weed...

Many patients don't understand that quality meds, grown indoors using proven mothers, could be had for under $10/gram for years - even when the grower was under constant fear of arrest.

So a lot of folks saw the big dollar signs and decided to make a living growing. Many of these new growers are making good harvests, and the price continues to drop.

But meanwhile, we still have pricing at or above $10/g all over the state. So what happens? We get a HUGE influx of weed from Kentucy and Indiana. I heard third hand that one of the larger dispensaries won't buy overages from MI patients and CGs anymore because they can get all they need from down south for less.

I have always been a believer that a CG will charge what he needs to charge, and it really isn't anybody's business but his and his patient's. You might have a CG who has a full-time "regular" job and doesn't rely on money from growing to support himself, so he can charge less than the guy who needs the money to keep things going. One caregiver might yield 15 ounces harvesting 4 plants from under a 1,000 watt light, while the next guy pulls 8 ounces from four plants grown under 1,000 watts. The costs to make the meds might be the same total for both growers, but one guy has to charge twice as much to get the same dollars for his effort.

A friend of mine said "Some people put a lot of time, effort, and money in growing compared to the next guy, and begin to start thinking the meds are worth more than they are."

I could not agree more. Remember in early 2009 when it was pretty common to see $400 zips? I remember talking to John Roberts about how the price for med grade appeared to be dropping from $400 to around $300. I knew guys growing for $200/oz back then...same guys who sold smoke prior to 2008 for $1,000 per quarter pound.

Let that little tidbit resonate: Prior to our new law, many good growers were charging $250/oz for illegally grown weed...

Many patients don't understand that quality meds, grown indoors using proven mothers, could be had for under $10/gram for years - even when the grower was under constant fear of arrest.

So a lot of folks saw the big dollar signs and decided to make a living growing. Many of these new growers are making good harvests, and the price continues to drop.

But meanwhile, we still have pricing at or above $10/g all over the state. So what happens? We get a HUGE influx of weed from Kentucy and Indiana. I heard third hand that one of the larger dispensaries won't buy overages from MI patients and CGs anymore because they can get all they need from down south for less.

I have always been a believer that a CG will charge what he needs to charge, and it really isn't anybody's business but his and his patient's. You might have a CG who has a full-time "regular" job and doesn't rely on money from growing to support himself, so he can charge less than the guy who needs the money to keep things going. One caregiver might yield 15 ounces harvesting 4 plants from under a 1,000 watt light, while the next guy pulls 8 ounces from four plants grown under 1,000 watts. The costs to make the meds might be the same total for both growers, but one guy has to charge twice as much to get the same dollars for his effort.

A friend of mine said "Some people put a lot of time, effort, and money in growing compared to the next guy, and begin to start thinking the meds are worth more than they are."

I cannot speak for any others but January 1st I am implemented a price increase of 25.00 per oz for my Organic/Veganic medicine. My patients understand that I grow high medical grade and I have personally smoke dispensary meds with other witnesses and the smoke was so harsh I declined to take a 2nd hit. Not one of my patients left me because of my price hike they understand the passion and hard work that i put into my work. Now I am not going to hate on this dispensary that had harsh meds but it simply is what it is. They are not willing to pay my price nor will I allow myself to be bullied into dumping for less that I deem fair.

For example I walked into a dispensary with another Cg that has tried my losengers and I even gave them a sample they enjoyed it but whenh it came down to pay my more than a fair price they gave me a low ball price I said quote "have a nice day" walked out told my contact we are still cool. But I will never allow myself to be taken advantage by a dispensary attempting to profit more than me the actual Organic Gardener procuring the exceptional high grade. I simply will not do that. I will not be exploited. I would rather smoke all my profit or give it away than allow myself to be exploited like a chinese factory worker makiing my NIKE AIR MAX shoes. No offense to the chinese it is what it is.

Luckily there is and always be a high demand for people with exceptional product. Look at a Cadillac CTS V then look at a sooped up Chevy Camaro. The Cadillac will and always demands a higher sales price. Same as anything else comparable to this in life.

I have no problem with CGs charging what the meds are worth - and what are they worth?...exactly what someone will pay in an open market.

The trouble still remains that many patients are not really in the "open market" so they may not know the difference between high prices and low prices and good meds vs. bad.

That said, a CG needs to know what his stuff is worth. If he is growing 3% THC meds and charging his patients $300/oz. he does us all a disservice.

Props to you for helping others. That is what this community needs others to see, ..... and it happens to be good too.

I have no problem with CGs charging what the meds are worth - and what are they worth?...exactly what someone will pay in an open market.

The trouble still remains that many patients are not really in the "open market" so they may not know the difference between high prices and low prices and good meds vs. bad.

That said, a CG needs to know what his stuff is worth. If he is growing 3% THC meds and charging his patients $300/oz. he does us all a disservice.

Props to you for helping others. That is what this community needs others to see, ..... and it happens to be good too.

OMG...3% THC...lol...that would suck a donkey dizzle...I think the Mexican Cartels are even beating 3% THC after they pack it up a truck and it sits in a depot for several months will probably have more than 3%.

I feel bad for people smoking REGS though....uugggghhhh....thats why I promote everyone growing so they can enjoy good Medicine.

I promote everyone growing so they can enjoy good Medicine.

What about a used equipment drive for patients starting out who need a break? How many of us have some equipment we don’t need or use anymore? I know there are a lot of guys out there who tinker like I do and constantly upgrade and improve and end up with a lot of items they don’t need that could help others. Even if a few different guys tossed in a few feet of 6’ vent line and it together saved someone $20, that’s a lot to someone who needs it. If you took stuff like that – and tubing, smaller airstones, containers, fittings, etc….items that all of us have a few of…and tossed it all in a pile, together that stuff would really help someone. Maybe used bulbs folks can use for backups or in a pinch to get started? If we made an organized effort to get such items to a CC somehow to be given to those can really use them..?

What about a used equipment drive for patients starting out who need a break? How many of us have some equipment we don’t need or use anymore? I know there are a lot of guys out there who tinker like I do and constantly upgrade and improve and end up with a lot of items they don’t need that could help others. Even if a few different guys tossed in a few feet of 6’ vent line and it together saved someone $20, that’s a lot to someone who needs it. If you took stuff like that – and tubing, smaller airstones, containers, fittings, etc….items that all of us have a few of…and tossed it all in a pile, together that stuff would really help someone. Maybe used bulbs folks can use for backups or in a pinch to get started? If we made an organized effort to get such items to a CC somehow to be given to those can really use them..?

I just don't know what to say about this in response.....I would hope that people have something to donate but I think setting up a charity would be easiest that could buy directlt from a grow Shop would be even better. That way people would have new stuff instead of circulating old stuff around. I know I have 1 400 watt switchable on stand by just in case my bigger systems goes offline, I have someting immediately on standby.

Having a set amount wired to the grow shops bank account would be a breeze then tell a potential person in serious need either financially or physically unable to acquire equipment would be how I would handle it. But then again some might think that this is hard and it's not, just time consuming. Just like everything else in life.

Archived