well looking for advice, i went to a huge weekend party out in novi, i got arrested for blowing a .009 and had some of my med marijuana on me. i was only given a breathalyzer but after going to court and getting sentenced my sentence was dropped to impaired but i have to do alcohol and random drug testing.. i was wondering if that was right or legal for the judge to test me for marijuana even though im a legal patient mind you i didnt break any of the laws dealing with mmj. help?

well looking for advice, i went to a huge weekend party out in novi, i got arrested for blowing a .009 and had some of my med marijuana on me. i was only given a breathalyzer but after going to court and getting sentenced my sentence was dropped to impaired but i have to do alcohol and random drug testing.. i was wondering if that was right or legal for the judge to test me for marijuana even though im a legal patient mind you i didnt break any of the laws dealing with mmj. help?

As far as I know they can still test you for Marijuana regardless. They will say you lose your rights once you get arrested for another crime. Now this is something you may be able to fight, but it will cost you way too much money and time and may in fact just tinkle off the judge even more.

Did you or your lawyer advise the judge that you are a MM cardholder and patient? What were his comments?

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!

I have no sympathy for your situation what so ever!!

If we aren't having enough trouble finding acceptance for MM we have people like this driving drunk and carrying cannabis.

Another black-eye we don't deserve!

I was able to use mm on probation, i got violated the 1st time but judge said i could use it! and he didnt violate me,

when you are on probation they can do what ever they want, most cases of probation say you cannot break and state or fed laws! mm is not legal fedraly

so, you can talk to your p.o, or just send copy of paperwork or card and go pee dirty for thc like i did and sort it out at your probation violation hearing!

Dont Drink and DRive! It is not worth it, if you are going to drink have a d.d or do it at home, or stay where you drink,,been there done that, and my life is not as good as it can be w/o a drivers liscense!

Merry Christmas!

we all make mistakes

Peace

FTW

Jim

driving is a privelage, not a given! I learned that the hard way! :huh:

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!

I have no sympathy for your situation what so ever!!

If we aren't having enough trouble finding acceptance for MM we have people like this driving drunk and carrying cannabis.

Another black-eye we don't deserve!

all this looks like to the eyes of the police and lawmakers is that certain people doing this are doing it for little more than making their partying efforts a little more "legal"

this does nothing good for the image of the movement. as long as it's a medical movement, it has to be respected as such. legalization is a whole different matter.

:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :goodjob: :goodjob:

all this looks like to the eyes of the police and lawmakers is that certain people doing this are doing it for little more than making their partying efforts a little more "legal"

this does nothing good for the image of the movement. as long as it's a medical movement, it has to be respected as such. legalization is a whole different matter.

:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Couldn't have said it better. Image means a lot. We don't need a new "I told you so" attorney general to tell the general public that the wool WAS pulled over their eyes. That makes it all the easier for the legislature to repeal or amend the law without public backlash.

With that said, don't do it again. But as for your present problem, probation is an alternative to jail. That being the case the judge can prevent you from doing ANYTHING that you couldn't do IF you were in jail. So, while you COULD try to get your terms of probation changed you should probably ask your attorney how lenient s/he thinks the judge is and whether it is even worth the try to amend the terms.

Couldn't have said it better. Image means a lot. We don't need a new "I told you so" attorney general to tell the general public that the wool WAS pulled over their eyes. That makes it all the easier for the legislature to repeal or amend the law without public backlash.

With that said, don't do it again. But as for your present problem, probation is an alternative to jail. That being the case the judge can prevent you from doing ANYTHING that you couldn't do IF you were in jail. So, while you COULD try to get your terms of probation changed you should probably ask your attorney how lenient s/he thinks the judge is and whether it is even worth the try to amend the terms.

and i guarantee you, they already are, but in the future will be making prime examples out of people who break the rules. we really need to take time to respect what we are able to do here.

ok now when people are on prescriptions and get caught drunk driving does that ruin the image of big pharmicuticals?

Thats ridiculious that any one would think drinking and driving gives mm pt's a bad name!

it is illegal to drink and drive period, I dont see wht that has to do with the mm laws!

Too many people on here are on there high horses and sit in judgement!

do you think that people that are on mm dont drink alcohol?

Im free white and 21 i can do waht i please in my own world!

Merry Christmas! Have some eggnog with capt in it!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived