The Medical Marihuana Act & Your Community

From the "League" who are growing Michigan's communities comes another forum about 'The Medical Marihuana Act & Your Community'

Here is a link to the page...

and here is the copy pasta...

The Medical Marihuana Act has been in effect for two years now, yet there are still many unanswered questions. How and where is medical marijuana dispensed? On average, the state Department of Community Health is receiving 71 medical marijuana patient applications a day. What does that mean for your community? Do you understand what the Act entails? Attend this session and discover the likely impacts of the Act on local units of government.

Upon completion of the program attendees will be able to:

1. Discuss an overview of the Act.

2. Explain how the Act impacts municipalities.

3. Identify some of the points that remain unanswered.

Agenda

12:30 pm - Check-in

1:00 pm - The MMMA 2 years Later (Including court cases, DEA subpoena's state records, municipalities' approaches, ACLU lawsuits, employment lawsuits)

1:45 pm - Break

2:00 pm - MMMA Panel

3:00 pm - Q&A

4:00 pm - Adjourn

Speakers & Panelists Inlcude:

Matt Newburg, Attorney, Newburg Law, PLLC

Mike Woodworth, Attorney, Hubbard Law

Jerry Lax, Attorney, Pear Sperling

More to be added!

Cost Per Person

League member communities, $70

Nonmember communities, $125

Registration

To register, click the "Register Online" button at the top right of the page.

Click here for a faxable registration form.

Start Date: Thursday, February 10, 2011 End Date: Thursday, February 10, 2011 Address: Wyoming Public Library

(616) 530-3164

3350 Michael SW

Wyoming, MI 49509

end of copy pasta...

So being a public library and these are people that represent the public, am I able to attend? If so... should we pack that place with those whom might have opposing opinions (patients and MMMA leaders)?

From the "League" who are growing Michigan's communities comes another forum about 'The Medical Marihuana Act & Your Community'

Here is a link to the page...

and here is the copy pasta...

The Medical Marihuana Act has been in effect for two years now, yet there are still many unanswered questions. How and where is medical marijuana dispensed? On average, the state Department of Community Health is receiving 71 medical marijuana patient applications a day. What does that mean for your community? Do you understand what the Act entails? Attend this session and discover the likely impacts of the Act on local units of government.

Upon completion of the program attendees will be able to:

1. Discuss an overview of the Act.

2. Explain how the Act impacts municipalities.

3. Identify some of the points that remain unanswered.

Agenda

12:30 pm - Check-in

1:00 pm - The MMMA 2 years Later (Including court cases, DEA subpoena's state records, municipalities' approaches, ACLU lawsuits, employment lawsuits)

1:45 pm - Break

2:00 pm - MMMA Panel

3:00 pm - Q&A

4:00 pm - Adjourn

Speakers & Panelists Inlcude:

Matt Newburg, Attorney, Newburg Law, PLLC

Mike Woodworth, Attorney, Hubbard Law

Jerry Lax, Attorney, Pear Sperling

More to be added!

Cost Per Person

League member communities, $70

Nonmember communities, $125

Registration

To register, click the "Register Online" button at the top right of the page.

Click here for a faxable registration form.

Start Date: Thursday, February 10, 2011 End Date: Thursday, February 10, 2011 Address: Wyoming Public Library

(616) 530-3164

3350 Michael SW

Wyoming, MI 49509

end of copy pasta...

So being a public library and these are people that represent the public, am I able to attend? If so... should we pack that place with those whom might have opposing opinions (patients and MMMA leaders)?

it would be great to go but i bet they wont let us inn the door unless you got the 125 dollars am sure some of the MMMA people like Mat will be their just won't be any reg, peeps their LOL

125 for non members and 70 for members? well I guess im a non member and they are going to tell me what?

and let me know about all the court cases? wow that sounds worth it. are they going to pay for my 3 deffenses i already went thru? are they going to mention mine? they aint gonna do bunny muffin but help the dispenses take our grow rites away,,,so hurry up run out and give them money, and bend over, and dont expect a kiss in return for the screwing they are selling!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I would like to know their next steps, what the league has to say about us, how they are attempting to subvert the law, who they are speaking to besides those heads of communities. Though I don't expect much from the 'League' as this is only a four hour presentation and not like the four DAY party at the Hyatt back in Sept 21st-24th 2010.

With how things unfolded in the September meeting I would like to see how the speakers are siding with the FEDS and the SUPREMACY CLAUSE... Catherine Mish- "... broader spectrum of allowable conduct than what I think the law actually allows." "Test cases... flush out the meanings of every part of this statute." "

Is the 'League' citing ANY House or Senate Bills? HB 6470 and HB 6480??? (asking for DEA clarification of low THC strains for AGRICULTURAL USE), Do they have any numbers from the Pharamacy Association's stance on regulated Cannabis?

In the MML's own words...

"The Michigan Municipal League is the one clear voice for Michigan communities. Through advocacy at the state and federal level, we proactively represent municipalities to help them sustain highly livable, desirable, and unique places within the state. We create and offer our members services and events that range from traditional to cutting edge, in order to help educate and inspire them to remain focused on their passion for the area they represent. We are a non-profit, but we act with the fervor of entrepreneurs; our people are dynamic, energetic and highly approachable, passionately and aggressively pushing change for better communities."

the Michigan Municipal League's about us page

This is fine and dandy, but don't we already have people we VOTED into office that are currently working for us at the Federal level? I love the Idea they are for the greater good of Michigan but WHY are they against caregivers who want to make business of that? Don't they know of the Federal MJ program that is STILL being conducted today for 4 remaining patients?

Archived