Bubblehash Business Model?

lawyercaregiver

A friend wanted me to get your opinions on the viability of a business idea.

As we know, cannabis trimming has become practically a cottage industry with people advertising their services and actually making a living traveling around and professionally trimming the plants for growers.

So my friend got the idea of starting up a traveling Bubblehash manufacturing business. :thumbsu: He proposes to travel to various growers houses with his keef box and 5 gallon bubblebags and mix up all the trim, bagged males and old leaves into full melt hash.

It sure seems to me there is an untapped market here- not very many patients, even relatively healthy patients, can lift all those 5 gallon buckets over and over again. Making Bubblehash is excruciatingly hard work!

At my house my friend was able to mix up nearly 80 grams :goodjob: :goodjob: of fantastic 25 micron full melt from a couple of dried garbage bags! I am sold. At 40 per gram that is something like $3,200 from a couple garbage bags of abandoned trim. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I think it is a great business model but a couple of questions.

1. He wants to work compensation by splitting the hash 50:50. I am not sure if this is the right number? One big problem here is that the amount of 25 micron full melt you get is really variable depending on the age of the leaf material, the quality etc, etc. So a flat fee compensation really can't work- it needs to be on a contingency.

2. He is not sure about the market. Are growers going to be willing to let a stranger into their house for several hours? How does he advertise the service?

3. If he wants to buy bags of trim what is the going price? Again, due to the variability problem he wants to do it on contingency but I am not sure this is the right approach.

Discussion? Any thoughts much appreciated.

A friend wanted me to get your opinions on the viability of a business idea.

As we know, cannabis trimming has become practically a cottage industry with people advertising their services and actually making a living traveling around and professionally trimming the plants for growers.

So my friend got the idea of starting up a traveling Bubblehash manufacturing business. :thumbsu: He proposes to travel to various growers houses with his keef box and 5 gallon bubblebags and mix up all the trim, bagged males and old leaves into full melt hash.

It sure seems to me there is an untapped market here- not very many patients, even relatively healthy patients, can lift all those 5 gallon buckets over and over again. Making Bubblehash is excruciatingly hard work!

At my house my friend was able to mix up nearly 80 grams :goodjob: :goodjob: of fantastic 25 micron full melt from a couple of dried garbage bags! I am sold. At 40 per gram that is something like $3,200 from a couple garbage bags of abandoned trim. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I think it is a great business model but a couple of questions.

1. He wants to work compensation by splitting the hash 50:50. I am not sure if this is the right number? One big problem here is that the amount of 25 micron full melt you get is really variable depending on the age of the leaf material, the quality etc, etc. So a flat fee compensation really can't work- it needs to be on a contingency.

2. He is not sure about the market. Are growers going to be willing to let a stranger into their house for several hours? How does he advertise the service?

3. If he wants to buy bags of trim what is the going price? Again, due to the variability problem he wants to do it on contingency but I am not sure this is the right approach.

Discussion? Any thoughts much appreciated.

It would take a small scale perpetual grower quite a while to come up with that much trim. Obviously, a caregiver with multiple patients would be more of your target market. He/she may also have more people in their circle that would be interested in the product.

If the product is good, I think most anyone would be happy with a 50-50 split especially when they were likely planning to pitch the leaves anyway.

One problem that comes to mind is that there are per patient limits on weight of usable material, including leaves. While the end product may be ideal as it is so concentrated, holding onto garbage bags full of leaves is not desirable. I don't really know much about the process. Can it be made with freshly cut trim? If so I guess you could coordinate your harvest with your invite to the traveling hash meister. If not, a lot of patients and caregivers that wish to remain legal will be unwilling to have their allotted weight in leaf rather than in usable bud material.

The second concern I would have is that the hash meister might become too high profile and I would be concerned that LEO might want to knock him down a peg....and what if they decide to tail him to my house for the take down?

Just my $.02

hmm.... sounds ok I guess. Me, id just buy some bags before i paid all that to have a stranger come in my house and really do nothing and take half my stuff.

But with that said.....WTF? 40 a gram for the trics off the freaking leaves? Id tell your buddy what compassion is and tell him that's what this is about.

Well said..

hmm.... sounds ok I guess. Me, id just buy some bags before i paid all that to have a stranger come in my house and really do nothing and take half my stuff.

But with that said.....WTF? 40 a gram for the trics off the freaking leaves? Id tell your buddy what compassion is and tell him that's what this is about.

I make my own hash, and let anyone I know use my bags..but I dont charge them and treat them like a NAZI. If they have enough, they will fill a bowl, if nothing else it inspires them to invest in a set themselves. Give a man a fish he eats today, give him his own fishing pole and he can eat forever.. who knows, maybe it will be him letting you use HIS tommorrow. :notfair: Just remember... people log on here to share and help and be helped by compassionate people.

There are other 'industries' that are similar and need a similar plan as well -

- travelling harvest/trim machine.

you'll pay the guy to assist in your harvest and trim by renting his trimming machine.

- travelling harvest/trim assistant. Same as above, except this is just a person with skills to trim for you. Typical in Ca and Co, due to large outdoor harvest size.

- Growroom designer/consultant.

- Growroom waste disposal. (I bet noone thought of this) Someone gets paid to pick up your trash, soil, stems, buckets, etc.

Each has the problem of introducing a stranger, each needs a way to verify their business results (MMMBB?), each needs some legal immunity or such for handling your meds, and each needs a reasonable price range.

How much would you pay for a travelling trim machine? Traveling trim processor (I heard another guy charges 30% of results), consultant?

How many people would accept a stranger in the yellow pages? This might be localized, meaning each area or region of michigan will likely develop known persons with skills or equipment - again a nice idea that anyone can help in their local community.

-DN

I make my own hash, and let anyone I know use my bags..but I dont charge them and treat them like a NAZI. If they have enough, they will fill a bowl, if nothing else it inspires them to invest in a set themselves. Give a man a fish he eats today, give him his own fishing pole and he can eat forever.. who knows, maybe it will be him letting you use HIS tommorrow. :notfair: Just remember... people log on here to share and help and be helped by compassionate people.

Like you way of thinking, I do the same!

There are other 'industries' that are similar and need a similar plan as well -

- travelling harvest/trim machine.

you'll pay the guy to assist in your harvest and trim by renting his trimming machine.

- travelling harvest/trim assistant. Same as above, except this is just a person with skills to trim for you. Typical in Ca and Co, due to large outdoor harvest size.

- Growroom designer/consultant.

- Growroom waste disposal. (I bet noone thought of this) Someone gets paid to pick up your trash, soil, stems, buckets, etc.

Each has the problem of introducing a stranger, each needs a way to verify their business results (MMMBB?), each needs some legal immunity or such for handling your meds, and each needs a reasonable price range.

How much would you pay for a travelling trim machine? Traveling trim processor (I heard another guy charges 30% of results), consultant?

How many people would accept a stranger in the yellow pages? This might be localized, meaning each area or region of michigan will likely develop known persons with skills or equipment - again a nice idea that anyone can help in their local community.

-DN

no nope industries needed....just compassion.....again what kind of jack donkey is gonna charge some one a huge chunk of their meds to trim a leaf or take a bag of trash.... fek that these types need to go back to cali and look for a job at weed mart.... here in michigan we will just help our own.

$40 a gram for 25 micron Bubble Hash? That is a high number for Bubble, Especially 25 micron which isnt even the best grade. I have been using this method for years and have done over 100 runs...the 25 micron grade Hash is NOT the best! The only way the 25 micron comes out nearly as good as the 73 is if you are using all Sativa starting material. Even though the 25 is the most filtered and refined grade it is not necasarily the best quality because its mostly the smaller, weaker, underdeveloped trichomes that make it this far. Also....I think a lot of people get confused about what FULL MELT really is. FULL MELT is just that...it bubbles and melts ALL the way down to ash. Ive seen a lot of people lately saying they have Full Melt Bubble...But when you smoke it it lights on fire? LOL...This is not Full Melt!

I use a 4 bag kit with a 90 and 45 micron bag added...Ive found the best and highest quality is almost always found in the 90, 73, and 45 micron bags. Its rare that 25 micron even makes the cut in my runs, it is usually added to the 160 grade and used as cooking material only.

$40 a gram for 25 micron Bubble Hash? That is a high number for Bubble, Especially 25 micron which isnt even the best grade. I have been using this method for years and have done over 100 runs...the 25 micron grade Hash is NOT the best! The only way the 25 micron comes out nearly as good as the 73 is if you are using all Sativa starting material. Even though the 25 is the most filtered and refined grade it is not necasarily the best quality because its mostly the smaller, weaker, underdeveloped trichomes that make it this far. Also....I think a lot of people get confused about what FULL MELT really is. FULL MELT is just that...it bubbles and melts ALL the way down to ash. Ive seen a lot of people lately saying they have Full Melt Bubble...But when you smoke it it lights on fire? LOL...This is not Full Melt!

I use a 4 bag kit with a 90 and 45 micron bag added...Ive found the best and highest quality is almost always found in the 90, 73, and 45 micron bags. Its rare that 25 micron even makes the cut in my runs, it is usually added to the 160 grade and used as cooking material only.

Agreed.. different plants/strains dictate where you are going to get the most/best too..

quick question i always throw away the 160 cause i thought it was the contaminant removal bag (the red one) i agree the yellow 73 u bag is the best...i was gonna invest in the 5 gal 4 bag system but idk now maybe ill just make QWISO i dont care about the taste i care about the end result...full melt anybody been here...http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/index.php

quick question i always throw away the 160 cause i thought it was the contaminant removal bag (the red one) i agree the yellow 73 u bag is the best...i was gonna invest in the 5 gal 4 bag system but idk now maybe ill just make QWISO i dont care about the taste i care about the end result...full melt anybody been here...http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/index.php

The forums over at www.fullmeltbubble.com are awesome. Tons of great info in there about making high quality hash. I have made hash using a number of different extraction methods...BHO, Sifting, QWISO, and Ice and Water Extraction. I really love using the bubblebags...I have been getting excellent hash of the purest quality for a few years now doing this method. Using a 5 gallon 4 bag kit will work good however I prefer to add the 90 and 45 micron bags for more variety and purity. Qwiso can sometimes be just as potent as bubble if you know what your doing, but In my opinion Full Melt Bubble blows it out of the water in taste, purity, and potency. The price of the bubble bags is a little high but you make it up on your first batch...

Archived