Charges Reinstated After Court Finds Marijuana Enclosure Lacking

Never over till its gone the way of the Supreme Court. Seems like some counties would rather prosecute patients then give them the bennefit of a mistake or a warning to correctify it. Just like when they make new laws such as we had with the seat belt law. You educate with a warning and overtime people will come to know the laws and accept them for what they are.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is sad! dont they have better things to waiste tax payers money on.....Like making sure child molesters stay in jail and not be let out to make room for our pt's getting popped for impaired driving, legaly growing, anything leo feels like giving us a hard time about!

I gotta tell ya, Im glad im not in yer shoes, I know how it is to worry about small charges, and try to think possitive, it seems they got a boner for you bro! Who all did you tinkle off in your part of the world?

Im sorry to say but that is why I found a c.g that meets my needs, I dont want the hassle you guys are going thru! Hey Bob Im still prayin for ya, it looks like your case is going to be mentiion in prob every mm case from now on! :thumbsu:

Kingpin im afraid your is gonna be used too! and what ive read so far, bummer, and from what i read id have to say my lil hillbilly free grow was legal, it had posts in the ground, a top and a lock! not moveable!

Its getting bad, we all need to remember all of these people fighting the voters wishes, at election time!

The ones we can vote out need to be voted out, and the ones apointed need to be fired by the newly elected!

Peace

FTW

Jim

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110205/METRO/102050373/1361/Lawyer-doubts-jury-would-convict-in-marijuana-case

February 5, 2011 http://detnews.com/article/20110205/METRO/102050373

Lawyer doubts jury would convict in marijuana case

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Owosso— A lawyer says he'll consider appealing to the Michigan Supreme Court after drug charges were reinstated against an Owosso man who was growing medical marijuana outdoors in a dog kennel.

Matthew Abel says the appeals court decision is "blatantly wrong." He says many judges just don't like Michigan's medical-marijuana law.

Larry King of Shiawassee County has a medical-marijuana card. But the appeals court said Friday that a fenced-in outdoor dog kennel doesn't qualify as an "enclosed, locked facility" under the law.

The court reinstated charges that had been dismissed by a Shiawassee County judge. Abel doubts that a jury would convict King of illegally growing marijuana.

These two judges are just trying to help their henchmen.And at the same time stall the matter dragging their feet per say. Im confident that a jury of my peers will prove my innocence. At most this matter should have been a matter for the MDCH a simple infraction matter not a federal case that these politicians have brought on. The matter of fact is i dont believe this is even a State Police( not their jurisdiction ) matter should have been taken care of by the MDCH. And im sure i would have complied with the MDCH on this matter. Mr Komorn gave me a great pep talk he's a smart man . I had a 400 watt light not even enough to grow enough medicine for me let alone to MNF/Deliver. I was still experimenting . Where do these people get off painting a picture of me being Al Capone

Remember the testimony of the lead officer in District Court on day 1? He was commenting on what I think was a cloner but what he inferred was a hydro setup of some sort with dead plants in it. He said "It didn't look like it was going too well for him." They knew that day that you were not a "Kingpin" in the drug world.

They don't care who they step on.

“Enclosed, locked facility” means a closet, room, or other enclosed area equipped

with locks or other security devices that permit access only by a registered

primary caregiver or registered qualifying patient. [MCL 333.26423©.]

Even in the word room does it state that it needs a roof. It is a plant and needs light to grow.

BINGO!

Or, perhaps, I should say: "SCORE!"

: ]

TRUTH IS TRUTH.

FREE The CURE

Archived