Apology

Guest d00g

I owe this board an apology, I shouldn't be working out my frustrations here. My wife's life depends on me being positive but I've been much less lately. She reminded me of the reasons I joined this board; to contribute something constructive, encouraging and to move forward with the community...

The GI in me says fight like hell for what is right and just, to serve and protect especially those whose lives are compromised by poor health, politics and press. Truth is my bride needs my optimism more than I need to vent as I have. It's hard to see my better 3/4's go through the pain she does... yet with such grace.

I wish those who oppose MM could witness what it is like to live with health and quality of life issues, someday I know most eventually will. I don't know the folks at Oakland Press, maybe they write out of survival mode as well, perhaps having to give in to agendas not of their own. I hope that some day they will clearly understand what it is like to face the challenges members of this website strive to overcome.

After reading some of the more refreshing topics on this board I realize I have to get back to what's important and not get caught up in the news that brings one down...

Thanks for putting up with my venting and feeble attempts at trying to be funny.

ctrl+z

Im sure alot of us feel the same way Bro! Thank you for serving our country!

I have a hard time not being vocal about this b.s law! we vote it in and leo dont accept it, Why cant we do something about this,,,I see that most townes that are trying to block dispenses are being sued, I dont know how that will help us pt's and c.g's, All I want is to be able to use my medication the same as everyone else, and not be considered a drug addict or be worried about getting arrested for doing something my dr. said i could do and the people of mi said i can also! :notfair:

Hang in there, and take care of your better 2/3's thats about the rite equation at my house also!

Peace Bro

FTW

Jim

Hey guys while we're on the subject and in the Spirit of What we all thought we were fighting for. I think we should have a call to our Roots for our Official Coming out party on May 25th, a small Honor Guard to Lead . Was thinking about that the other night. I wouldn't mind maybe go to Army Surplus for some Costume Accessories, They wouldn't even let me keep my Field Jacket, man that thing was precious, some of the best Hash in Europe went through those pockets !

oh but to dream! isnt it nice to dream of better times, even if where you were wasnt better? The 70's and 80's best well at that time best and cheapest smoke, I used to get lids of columbian gold, redbud or rainbow for 10 bucks thats like and oz, and nickel for 5 bucks were like half oz,,,when i first strarted they measured your bag of smoke by fingers 4 fingers was a lid and 2 fingers was a nickle, I used to always find the pot seller with the biggest hands, lol!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Hey guys while we're on the subject and in the Spirit of What we all thought we were fighting for. I think we should have a call to our Roots for our Official Coming out party on May 25th, a small Honor Guard to Lead . Was thinking about that the other night. I wouldn't mind maybe go to Army Surplus for some Costume Accessories, They wouldn't even let me keep my Field Jacket, man that thing was precious, some of the best Hash in Europe went through those pockets !

An American flag here and there and now and then would be a darn good thing during a protest or march.

It might remind some of the anti-MMJ / cannabis crowd out there that MANY of us are veterans that served our country.

Because uniforms come in many colors, NOT just LEO blue.

DOOg, All the best to you and your wife.

I think most everyone out here understands what you mean.

Enjoy life when you can, my friend... it's a good thing.

I owe this board an apology, I shouldn't be working out my frustrations here. My wife's life depends on me being positive but I've been much less lately. She reminded me of the reasons I joined this board; to contribute something constructive, encouraging and to move forward with the community...

The GI in me says fight like hell for what is right and just, to serve and protect especially those whose lives are compromised by poor health, politics and press. Truth is my bride needs my optimism more than I need to vent as I have. It's hard to see my better 3/4's go through the pain she does... yet with such grace.

I wish those who oppose MM could witness what it is like to live with health and quality of life issues, someday I know most eventually will. I don't know the folks at Oakland Press, maybe they write out of survival mode as well, perhaps having to give in to agendas not of their own. I hope that some day they will clearly understand what it is like to face the challenges members of this website strive to overcome.

After reading some of the more refreshing topics on this board I realize I have to get back to what's important and not get caught up in the news that brings one down...

Thanks for putting up with my venting and feeble attempts at trying to be funny.

ctrl+z

We got any drummers out there. Maybe somebody to play taps. The Start Spangled Banner..... Thanks, Bb

I still have my old baritone from high school marching band.

I'd be willing to play the SSB, and some good old Sousa tunes to rock the capitol to its bones.

Hell, if we're gonna march on the capitol, let's March all over that sum-a-bich

I'm totally geeked for a MMJ marching band. :thumbsu:

Any other band members out there?

Guest knucklehead bob

No worries brother... You are among family.

DITTO.........We all feel your frustration brother . Truth & Fact are on our side , we gotta "Keep The Faith".

I still have my trumpet and my husband has his trombone. lol band geek love. I miss marching band, I think I might get pretty hyped to play in a MMJ band!

I think that's a great idea. I believe the way to the public's heart is through singing and dancing. Even if just a handful of musicians at street corners or at airports. Hare Krishna.

This being Black history month, it might serve to realize how far song and dance has helped further an entire race. A study of black music in America is also a study in black history and vice versa. America's greatest contribution to world culture has been jazz and tap dancing, both uniquely derived from the black experience in America.

oh but to dream! isnt it nice to dream of better times, even if where you were wasnt better? The 70's and 80's best well at that time best and cheapest smoke, I used to get lids of columbian gold, redbud or rainbow for 10 bucks thats like and oz, and nickel for 5 bucks were like half oz,,,when i first strarted they measured your bag of smoke by fingers 4 fingers was a lid and 2 fingers was a nickle, I used to always find the pot seller with the biggest hands, lol!

Peace

FTW

Jim

And ya know what they say: "Big hands, big feet..."

And "they" would know. Whoever "they" are.

Peace

FTW

Jim

And ya know what they say: "Big hands, big feet..."

And "they" would know. Whoever "they" are.

I'm grateful to all of you who posted a response. I'm back, for now, where I am at my best- thank you.

A fond memory surfaced while reading your posts...

Many years ago there was a group of us GI's who made up a squad of clowns, literally. We painted our faces, constructed silly costumes- the works. We would comically march into the local children’s hospital and ham it up with staff, the kids and parents so to lighten their world if even for a moment. As temporary as it may have been for some, it worked. There was not a shortage of tears as we left the wards, most often from laughter. Many were touched.

Our antics came to an end when our clown squad leader died. At his memorial, in full clown regalia, happy faces turned upside down, we filed in as his pall bearers while Frank Sinatra sang "Send in the Clowns" through the loud speaker. We disbanded soon after but the experience taught us a profound lesson in the power of laughter and a compassionate heart… a lesson I recently forgot.

What a great memory...thank you.

There is strength in numbers, especially with those who have shared suffering and injustice. Delivering a clear cohesive message with humor and substance will certainly appeal to the masses more than one expressed through anger and resentment. The idea of a marching menagerie armed with positive attitudes, musical instruments and thought provoking signage will stand out in bright contrast to the opposition and their potential antagonists.

My new mantra: Allow the Heart to Triumph, Truth and Wisdom will Follow.

i've seen the best and worst of myself come out on this site,thankfully most are forgiving and understand the stress we're under with our health issues and other troubles..i've found that we all have aways to go to be perfect and none of us are...we all owe a thanks to the admin team for putting up with us when we're not and on the edge..lol..zb

Many years ago there was a group of us GI's who made up a squad of clowns, literally. We painted our faces, constructed silly costumes- the works. We would comically march into the local children’s hospital and ham it up with staff, the kids and parents so to lighten their world if even for a moment. As temporary as it may have been for some, it worked. There was not a shortage of tears as we left the wards, most often from laughter. Many were touched.

As a child was struck w/ a horrible disease and spent a majority of my youth growing up in the Rose Cancer center on the Royal Oak Beaumont campus, surrounded by sick children much like myself.. I can still remember when a group of clowns came in and put the red honker nose on me,Lol makes me smile thinking about that day.

Thank you for what you have done, not only did that group make me smile 20 yrs ago but I just smiled again.;) In fact I may go visit the children's hospital tomorrow.

Thank you again...

Trix

Archived