Medical Marijuana Bill In Michigan Looks Likely To Pass

EdwardGlen

Ok I'm very new here and all but this is what I see. First of all I am a caregiver, I don't smoke. Second, why do you HAVE to smoke when you attend a CC?? I see the value of the CC in it's networking, friendship, and support not the smoke. That is where we can make new support connections and talk about our grows, etc. If you take that contact to the next level and communicate privately well even better. That is when you can do your thing. I don't understand what the big draw is, to be honest. I don't need a group of people to hang out with to take a tylenol, you see what I'm saying.

Go ahead and tax me... I have a loss last year of over 3000.00, so I get to write that off too right??? I am not paid I am compensated, and as you can see my compensation in no way covers the cost of the grow. I do this because I care!!! I want the people in my life and that I have met to have quality medication... end of story. I have been cloning plants in hopes that the donations will help me get better lights!!! So if they want to come and see how much cash this crop makes for me they can bring their accountants and do their magic, I figure by the time they are done they will feel so sorry for me they will buy me lunch and apologize. I guess there are caregivers out there that make a profit, good for them I say more power to ya. Now that I want to get into Simpson Oil, I don't see my situation changing in any way except that more people will be healed and that is good enough for me!!!!

Again .. where did this "likely to pass" stuff come from?

This is so typical of Jones and those who are like him. When something needs to be changed they put out propaganda saying it is inevitable that it will happen the way they want. In this case his bill is stalled so he will put out a press release saying it is "likely to pass." It is a win/win for him. It sets in people mind that they might as well not fight it because it is going to pass anyway and if in the end it does not pass he can say his good bill was held up by the bad old opposition who loves to let people drive while stoned.

That is why we need to ramp up even more our letter writing and phone call campaign. We can't back off just because he sets out propaganda trying to intimidate us.

Our job is not just to educate the public about medical marijuana. We have to help them see the truth in these intellectually dishonest propaganda techniques. And for the future we need to push our schools to do a better job of teaching our children how to see through this kind of propaganda. To see the difference between demonstrative evidence and emotional manipulation through intellectual dishonest propaganda.

Second, why do you HAVE to smoke when you attend a CC?? I see the value of the CC in it's networking, friendship, and support not the smoke.

The most common reason is people have children at home and don't want to medicate around them. What is the difference between someone medicating at a club or popping your morning pain pill at Bob Evens? Yet no bill exist to ban that behavior. Even if you are against smoking at a CC this bill seems to set a double standard aimed at your right to peaceably assemble. It bans smoking at a club but does not ban it at a dispensary. Now what do you think the goal of this bill is? To stop drugged driving or to destroy the network that will oppose the upcoming, more draconian, bills Jones hopes to get passed.

In support of his action, Jones said:

“When Pfizer manufactures a pill, they get taxed. Why shouldn’t someone who manufactures marijuana get taxed?”

I pay taxes on all the income I make from all the sources that make cash for me. Why do people think that growers/manufacturers/caregivers don't pay taxes?

The most common reason is people have children at home and don't want to medicate around them. What is the difference between someone medicating at a club or popping your morning pain pill at Bob Evens? Yet no bill exist to ban that behavior. Even if you are against smoking at a CC this bill seems to set a double standard aimed at your right to peaceably assemble. It bans smoking at a club but does not ban it at a dispensary. Now what do you think the goal of this bill is? To stop drugged driving or to destroy the network that will oppose the upcoming, more draconian, bills Jones hopes to get passed.

This bill seems to be aimed directly at the Genesee County Compassion Club and other clubs like it.

Patients can meet at there places and test the medicine before they acquire. They can test many strains through networking at these establishments. Some people need very specific strains for their specific condition.

Patients can also test the quality of different growers products before making a decision. They could use this information to help make a choice about selecting a caregiver or medicine.

I have to wonder about anybody who is against sharing medicine at such a compassion club....

yea the whole likely to pass hogwash is just that HOGWASH. those are words people use to

try and convince everyone that it is a done deal. typical media.

Yep Kuipers said the same exact thing about 616-618. Nothing but pure BS propaganda. Lets never let our guards down though. Our duty is to keep a close eye on our ignorant adversaries and make sure we keep them in check....

The law itself is hideous. It is meant to paint our organizations as a bunch of pot heads getting together to party. It is just an initial step in a government take over of Medical Marijuana. Even more insidious is the, "We know what's best for you" aspect. It is the way that Hitlers Germany got it's foot hold. We must not let this man appeal to the worst in people in order to gain power and deprive people of their freedom. Thanks, Bb

That is still how many of the card holders act, so why should they think differently?

Archived