City Ordinace

MrKind

Seems this is where my city is getting their info for any future zoning.

any of you legal eagles BS flags go up if ya read it? i'm just curious.

My link

Yeah, my BS meter went of when I read the start of the second sentence in the introduction:

"The passage of the

Act would appear to reflect a sentiment by many in the state . . ."

"would appear to reflect" LMFAO!

Tips the reader to the slant of the author's hand and sets the tone of biased advise throughout the paper.

The language used makes it clear what the authors position is on medical marijuana. "the Act involves the creation of a relatively loose procedure" how is the procedure any more "loose" than any other prescription procedure? A doctor decides. Actually our law is tighter than the standard prescription law because of the limits as to which doctors are allowed to write recommendations.

Here is another interesting tidbit I found:

"In the Redden concurrence, it is reported that an affidavit filed in that case

disclosed that the Act “is based on model legislation provided by the Marijuana Policy

Project (MPP), a Washington, D.C.- based lobbying group organized to decriminalize

both the medical and recreational uses of marijuana. The statutory language of the [Act]

was drafted by Karen O’Keefe, the Director of State Policies at the MPP in Washington

D.C.”4 In addition, at a Michigan Townships Association/Michigan Municipal League

symposium, held on July 20, 2010, credit for at least part of the Act’s authorship was

claimed by the Michigan Medical Marihuana Horticultural Institute. A representative of

this group appeared at the symposium and announced that the Michigan Medical

Marihuana Horticultural Institute became involved in the initiated Act, and remains

interested, with the specific purpose of acquiring warehouses in various locations of the

State, with the view to dividing each warehouse into a number of condominium units that

would be sold to caregivers for the distribution of marihuana to patients."

Who the heck are these guys, Michigan Medical Marihuana Horticultural Institute?

Why are they presenting at a symposium of this stature?

Who the heck are these guys, Michigan Medical Marihuana Horticultural Institute?

Why are they presenting at a symposium of this stature?

The only thing I could find where these guys were even mentioned was this:

Michigan Municipal League Legislative Blog

"Other speakers included Dennis Schornack of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Horticultural Institute, which seeks to professionalize medical marihuana cultivation as a tightly regulated industry with potential for economic development; and Hubbard Law attorney Michael G. Woodworth, who joined a panel discussion on law enforcement issues such as probable cause, federal law vs. state law, and dispensaries."

Has anyone else heard of these guys? This is first mention I've ever seen of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Horticultural Institue..

“We are going to be criticized no matter what we decide,” said Commissioner Ray Bauer following Monday’s public hearing on medical marijuana regulation. “When we ask for input, who steps to the microphone? Not a single person.”

Sorry Ray I was gonna be there , but my new meds are making me too tired and by meds I mean pills from doctors. I didn't even get to watch it on tv, and no one taped it for me , oh well , wont be historic , at least not this decision, BTW hows the micro brewery coming?

I do wonder why those folks who were interested in putting a place in town didn't show up.

MrK

Archived