Arizona Caretaker Wannabee

sagetoil

My doc told me I would be a good cantidate for a MM card.

I have questions about caretakers. I am semi retired and would like to grow cannabis for myself and a elder neighbor who will agree to signing me up for a Caretaker card. I also may get a patient or two from my doc. I have mad skills growing stuff like tomatos and havea little money to set up a nice grow room or two in my home.

My main question is, do caretakers make a little money or are they expected to be "nonprofit"?

One perk would be able to grow medicine for myself.

Should I look at it as a break even project, make a little money or should I expect to lose a little money but grow cannibas legally?

Should I look at it as a break even project, make a little money or should I expect to lose a little money but grow cannibas legally?

Hi, and welcome to the site!

Most true caregivers like myself are more than happy to break even. If you become a successful grower you may well make a little money on the side, but I wouldn't count on it. What it really boils down to is that you can be legal and stop paying others for your medication. That's a money saver any way you look at it.

I do it for the fun of it and to help others who can't help themselves. Sometimes I break even, other times I'm out a bit. (Usually my own fault).

Again, welcome to the site. There are a lot of knowledgeable and caring people here so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the welcome and the reply. It looks like there will be line drawn at a 25 mile radius. "They" want as few home growers as possible so being a caregiver is a huge plus as long as they dont attach a ball and chain to their butts and make them take pictures all day every day while walking backwards and washing hands.

Getting free cannabis would be a great reason to put the work in. I am sure its like most business. You cant please everyone and some patients will be looking for free weed to get high and not so much in need of medicine. Of course that works both ways as many caretakers probaly dont live up to their end of the bargain.

You also have the hassle of living up to whatever the State demands of you and it appears that the State is not happy here in AZ. The majority of the draft I read was about caretakers and the legaless spoken there left as many questions as it did answers.

Phaquetoo

Your sig says plant weed everywhere. I was wondering if seeds grow into plants, dont you wind up with all males since you cant pull all of them like you do indoors?

Will the plants still get buds and get you high even though they have seeds?

of course you need both to survive a male and a femal it takes for seeds! you do get high on good commercial dont ya, I get some now and than, I know peeps with good connections, maybe 20 beans in a zip, potent, it is more potent w/o seeds becuase its not using any energy to produce seeds,

Peace

FTW

Jim

a few autoflowers feminized wouldnt hurt, specialy that one i read about of an irianian strain that realy isnt an autoflower but has a very short veg stage, you could prob get 2 crops of that where i live a summer! :thumbsu:

growing a plant (marijuana) is not a hard thing to do! it takes common sense and some dedication, in mich if a pt could grow out doors in the summer you could grow enough for your self every season for the whole yr! and you could grow tomatoes and what ever else you like to grow in a outdoor garden, eccept the biggist plant in their will be you mm! need lots of sun and open windy area like i have, they grow like the red pines around me!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I can grow outdoors and indoors. I have sliding glass doors. I was wondering if I can combine the two. I have found no info about it. My 12/12 would be on in the daytime and sleep at nights. I can combine a 100 watt and the sun coming in strong. Lots of ventilation

Do you think I can combine the two and put the plants in dark room when its time to go to bed. I am a homeboy so I will move them every day.

Any thoughts on that or should I just make a grow room for indoors and still have some outdoors?

I would go with setting up an indoor room. I wouldn't think a in/out grow would be a good idea...all the bugs that could come indoors...yuck.

I would still run some out doors as well. Get some big pots and go nuts. I think AZ summer heat might be a lil intense for cannabis...but maybe not.

Good luck!

Archived