Snyder Cuts Citizen Insurance Advocate Services Reorganizes State Offices

I am confused here is the consumer advocate the same as the Insurance commisionors citzen services and complaint process ......will this effect that State office whcih is invalueable assiting patients when abused by insurance companies documenting and investigating complaints . State Hospital receivables along with patients are direct beneficiaries of that effort .

http://detnews.com/a...ine-Energy-Dept.

if you look at whom financed Snyder's campaign and paid for his inaugural ball celebration more and more cuts are going to be made to all social programs for low income, disabled, poor, non-republican Michiganders.(its politics as usual for GOP)

The republican party is in full on fu%& as many people as they can mode since seizing power and they are going to make everyone who supported the Pres and the Democrats pay dearly.

Traditionally its been the unions, the poor, and working class who have supported the Democratic party so we are all on the hit list of the republican program killing machine.

As seen by the attacks on unions to deny them the ability at collective bargaining, massive social program cuts and eliminations, and so on.

But these attacks are starting to blow back on the GOOP(no i didn't mis-spell)as seen by massive protests in several US states in the past two weeks.

And is showing the GOOP for what they really are, greedy, arrogant, Un-American Plutocrats who worship only money and those who can give it to them or who they can steal it from.

Good Health

Ed

We are ALL cannon fodder(if we lay down to them)

This is only going to get worse!

http://dailytribune.com/articles/2011/02/26/news/doc4d6963db5801d330299916.txt

The costs of providing skilled care to those in need are rising at rates exceeding the income of most people.

In 2010, private room nursing home rates rose 4.6 percent, increasing to an average of $229 per day or more than $83,000 per year.

Assisted living rose 5.2 percent on average to $3,293 per month, or more than $39,000 per year.

In 2010, some 8,000 people will turn 65 every day, and by the end of the year, the senior population of America will reach almost 49 million, with an additional 5 million reaching 85 years of age.

Studies have shown that 89 percent of people prefer to remain in their own home even as they age, increasing the need for quality 24-hour home care assistance.

With the national hourly rates, daily care coverage can reach $480 per day. Even for people with sufficient savings it is nearly impossible to afford.

These soaring costs, along with the number of people requiring constant care, result in the need for families to help mom and dad, or other loved ones, age at home.

According to statistics provided by www.thefamilycaregiver.org, family caregivers provide an estimated $375 billion worth of free care-giving services each year and spend an average of 20 hours per week caring for their loved ones.

“Providing quality home care is a growing concern and problem for the sandwich generation as they balance child care, careers and caring for relatives,” said Robert Louis-Ferdinand, owner of Home Care Assistance of Michigan.

“It’s draining, not just financially, but emotionally as well, as people try to help the best they can. But there comes a point, especially for people who have elderly parents out of state, where they have no other choice than to hire a 24-hour live-in companion.

“Home Care Assistance specializes in live-in care which offers one-on-one in-home service at a lower cost than a nursing home or assisted living process.”

A live-in caregiver stays in the home 24 hours a day, and is available to assist morning, noon and night. When Home Care Assistance provides live-in care seven days a week, a primary caregiver and a back-up caregiver are assigned to the job.

Clients range in age from 18 to 105 years, and are able to remain in their homes at a cost much more in line with that of a nursing home, with the advantage of an increased level of one-on-one care.

if you look at whom financed Snyder's campaign and paid for his inaugural ball celebration more and more cuts are going to be made to all social programs for low income, disabled, poor, non-republican Michiganders.(its politics as usual for GOP)

The republican party is in full on fu%& as many people as they can mode since seizing power and they are going to make everyone who supported the Pres and the Democrats pay dearly.

Traditionally its been the unions, the poor, and working class who have supported the Democratic party so we are all on the hit list of the republican program killing machine.

As seen by the attacks on unions to deny them the ability at collective bargaining, massive social program cuts and eliminations, and so on.

But these attacks are starting to blow back on the GOOP(no i didn't mis-spell)as seen by massive protests in several US states in the past two weeks.

And is showing the GOOP for what they really are, greedy, arrogant, Un-American Plutocrats who worship only money and those who can give it to them or who they can steal it from.

Good Health

Ed

We are ALL cannon fodder(if we lay down to them)

This is only going to get worse!

http://dailytribune....1d330299916.txt

The costs of providing skilled care to those in need are rising at rates exceeding the income of most people.

In 2010, private room nursing home rates rose 4.6 percent, increasing to an average of $229 per day or more than $83,000 per year.

Assisted living rose 5.2 percent on average to $3,293 per month, or more than $39,000 per year.

In 2010, some 8,000 people will turn 65 every day, and by the end of the year, the senior population of America will reach almost 49 million, with an additional 5 million reaching 85 years of age.

Studies have shown that 89 percent of people prefer to remain in their own home even as they age, increasing the need for quality 24-hour home care assistance.

With the national hourly rates, daily care coverage can reach $480 per day. Even for people with sufficient savings it is nearly impossible to afford.

These soaring costs, along with the number of people requiring constant care, result in the need for families to help mom and dad, or other loved ones, age at home.

According to statistics provided by www.thefamilycaregiver.org, family caregivers provide an estimated $375 billion worth of free care-giving services each year and spend an average of 20 hours per week caring for their loved ones.

“Providing quality home care is a growing concern and problem for the sandwich generation as they balance child care, careers and caring for relatives,” said Robert Louis-Ferdinand, owner of Home Care Assistance of Michigan.

“It’s draining, not just financially, but emotionally as well, as people try to help the best they can. But there comes a point, especially for people who have elderly parents out of state, where they have no other choice than to hire a 24-hour live-in companion.

“Home Care Assistance specializes in live-in care which offers one-on-one in-home service at a lower cost than a nursing home or assisted living process.”

A live-in caregiver stays in the home 24 hours a day, and is available to assist morning, noon and night. When Home Care Assistance provides live-in care seven days a week, a primary caregiver and a back-up caregiver are assigned to the job.

Clients range in age from 18 to 105 years, and are able to remain in their homes at a cost much more in line with that of a nursing home, with the advantage of an increased level of one-on-one care.

Frontline is the one television program that I will go out of my way to watch. The episode that disturbs me more than most any other can be found here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/facing-death/?utm_campaign=viewpage&utm_medium=grid&utm_source=grid. It speaks to this issue in a gut wrenching way.

I WILL NOT BOW DOWN TO THEM, THEY MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL BUT I TOOK BACK THE POWER THEY STOLE FROM ME BY TAKING CONTROL OF MY HEALTH. MY TEETH MAY ALL FALL OUT BUT I AM STILL KICKIN'. KARMA WILL COME DOWN HARD ON THEM, ALL THOSE WHO'VE EVER BEEN CRUEL TO ME HAVE BEGUN TO SEE THEIR WORLD CRUMBLE. I walked away and let nature take its course. Now it's happening without me lifting a finger, 'cept to flip them off.

Sb

Archived