Want Truly Legal Weed? There's Really Only One Source In The U.s. --

bobandtorey

Though L.A. is the pot shop capital of the nation, marijuana is really only quasi-legal so long as Uncle Sam continues to keep weed as a Schedule 1 outlaw drug.

And as such, there's really only one operation that grows bud 100 percent legally: That's right, the United States government.

And it looks like they're keeping it that way (for now):

A University of Massachusetts-Amherst horticulture prof, Lyle Craker, has been trying to get the feds to let him grow pot for academic research for 10 years.

He says the federal weed is weak sauce, and he wants to grow more potent strains to see if it can help with glaucoma.

Now, at age 70, after years of getting turned down by the DEA and feds, Craker's giving up his fight.

"I'm disappointed in our system," he told <A href="http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i5RA02ViSLeXwDmaxKsqmlHzXzTg?docId=7420b44ac5ce4610bfdd03306361b3cb" target=_blank>Associated Press. "But I'm not disappointed at what we did. I think our efforts have brought the problem to the public eye more. ... This is just the first battle in a war."

A DEA-sanctioned growing operation in Mississippi remains the only spot for legit pot. The government grows it for research. (No, it's not for sale).

Funny thing: Craker says he's never tried marijuana.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2011/03/united_states_pot_farm_legal.php

post-4361-0-22334900-1299453157_thumb.jpg

Researchers at Ole Miss (U. of Mississippi) are the source of the study showing that the upper threshold for medical use of marijuana annually is 100.8 ounces, and that was based upon an assumption that the patients method of use was roll 'em and fire 'em, as actually it is stated in the number of marijuana cigarettes smoked per day. (It works out to the use of 8.4 ounces per month). Ole Miss has fallen behind the technology as it has not said anything since that study about methods of injestion (vaporizers, medibles) which do not cause health damage at the same time one is exercising the recommendation to medicate.

Archived